Are people seriously worried about marshawn?

blazen2392

Reaction score
The posts I read here make it seem like people are legitimately worried that we have to ride beast mode through the playoffs. The man came back with the sole purpose of winning another superbowl for us.

even if a 70% marshawn shows up in the playoffs, this is enough to win the big dance with the way wilson is playing right now.

haha but i guess it just shows you how lucky of a draft pick we got in Rawls, if we are seriously nervous that we now have to rely on the freakin BEAST to the superbowl

Cartire

Reaction score
blazen2392":4rz5iwgl said:
The posts I read here make it seem like people are legitimately worried that we have to ride beast mode through the playoffs. The man came back with the sole purpose of winning another superbowl for us.

even if a 70% marshawn shows up in the playoffs, this is enough to win the big dance with the way wilson is playing right now.

haha but i guess it just shows you how lucky of a draft pick we got in Rawls, if we are seriously nervous that we now have to rely on the freakin BEAST to the superbowl

Im more just nervous on what version of Beast we get. The version we had to start the season looked worn down, as if the years of constant punishment are finally catching up to him. This isnt a knock on him, this is a knock on father time. But I would rather run with an unknown Lynch then the rest of the options we currently have.

Seymour

Reaction score
blazen2392":37jqgrtj said:

I can think of 12 million other reasons Lynch came back, and he has even said so.

That said, he has stood the test of time and abuse and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But, there will be drama I think.

Largent80

Reaction score
I can't wait until he comes back so we don't have to have thread's about Brown and Michael.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My concern at the moment is why the team and Marshawn are being so secretive about Lynch's decision to take his rehab "offsite". That seems very odd to me as this is the time he should be with our team, with our medical staff and trainers rehabbing.

The decision to go offsite by Lynch to me smacks of something more to the story.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
we need some sort of a running game to win..no doubt we cannot rely on our passing game and expect to beat the playoff teams.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The most depressing thing about Da'Juan Harris' performance against the Ravens is that he looked a lot like Marshawn in the early season. Slow, indecisive, and ineffective. I hope he comes back fresh.

Cartire

Reaction score
Aros":2jwf6rxi said:
My concern at the moment is why the team and Marshawn are being so secretive about Lynch's decision to take his rehab "offsite". That seems very odd to me as this is the time he should be with our team, with our medical staff and trainers rehabbing.

The decision to go offsite by Lynch to me smacks of something more to the story.

HGH helps you heal faster and is pretty much non-detectable after a few days. :34853_tinfoil:

Seymour

Reaction score
Aros":n9j69plx said:

He was out earlier in the season and was watching the game from the press box. Lynch plays to his own beat, and Pete lets him. I think it's that simple, and Pete (off site rehab) shields him from the 1000's of reporter questions.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seymour":2hsgou2i said:
Aros":2hsgou2i said:

He was out earlier in the season and was watching the game from the press box. Lynch plays to his own beat, and Pete lets him. I think it's that simple, and Pete (off site rehab) shields him from the 1000's of reporter questions.
Agree.

And for those of you mentioning he looked old, slow and indecisive earlier this year, try to think back to how he played against the 9ers in Santa Clara. He looked good in what I think was the only game he was healthy for all year. IF he comes back fully healthy, I'm confident he will be near the "old" Marshawn.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Marshawn gets to do whatever he wants.

He has certainly earned it.

I am worried that he might rush back too soon and end up not healing correctly so that he is much less effective in the playoffs. If we can get a 100% Marshawn back for the playoffs I am ecstatic. Might even be OK with getting him back after the 1st game in the playoffs (as long as we can make it out of the 1st game without him) but I would hate to lose a game because he could have been ready but came back too early.

Those are my only concerns with him. Marshawn has carried the load for us before, he has gotten us through important games in the playoffs and I see no reason to doubt his commitment to winning now. Guys that don't care, don't shake off 8 tackles to go 3 yards, if for personal pride if nothing else, I am sure he is going to produce to the limit of his ability.

I am worried whether he will be available in time though.

HommyHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":2kxvyur2 said:
Aros":2kxvyur2 said:

HGH helps you heal faster and is pretty much non-detectable after a few days. :34853_tinfoil:
Loose lips......

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'll take an 80% Beast with the OL we have now,better play calls and passing.He will gain from all those things unlike earlier in the season which was horrible all around.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seymour":2rap7ugy said:
Aros":2rap7ugy said:

I hope your right. Pete seemed a bit perplexed (body language and voice inflections) during his pressers by Marshawn's whereabouts before he came back - and then once he was gone again. Maybe you're right and I am looking too much into it but I've been known to enjoy a good conspiracy here and there. :327321_Spy_23.22:

Cartire

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2s7xfkoc said:
I'll take an 80% Beast with the OL we have now,better play calls and passing.He will gain from all those things unlike earlier in the season which was horrible all around.

I will admit, those holes at times have been huge. Big props to an O-Line not constantly disappointing us. Lynch could easily read those and grab 7+. Even if he cant cut as quick as he used too, he still has great vision and power.

Cartire

Reaction score
Aros":uitpjbmz said:
Seymour":uitpjbmz said:
Aros":uitpjbmz said:

I hope your right. Pete seemed a bit perplexed (body language and voice inflections) during his pressers by Marshawn's whereabouts before he came back - and then once he was gone again. Maybe you're right and I am looking too much into it but I've been known to enjoy a good conspiracy here and there. :327321_Spy_23.22:

I said my theory more as a joke, but youve got me thinking differently now... :17:

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Cartire":13v4q7jg said:
blazen2392":13v4q7jg said:

Im more just nervous on what version of Beast we get. The version we had to start the season looked worn down, as if the years of constant punishment are finally catching up to him. This isnt a knock on him, this is a knock on father time. But I would rather run with an unknown Lynch then the rest of the options we currently have.

To be fair, I think a lot of the parts of the early season team looked worn down. Not just Beast.

Cartire

Reaction score
Silver Hawk":1eu5j78g said:
Cartire":1eu5j78g said:
blazen2392":1eu5j78g said:

To be fair, I think a lot of the parts of the early season team looked worn down. Not just Beast.

Yeah, but my other concern is strength training in general. How much core muscle has Lynch lost while not being able to train during his recovery? It takes a lot of time to build that back up. If it takes 3-6 weeks to fully recover, how long to recover that muscle group and all the other neglected ones?