Looking at the Seahawks Mug Half Full -- Positive Spins ...

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
While I’m still feeling like I got punched in the gut yesterday, I’m forcing myself to be a glass half full guy today and look at the positives (and there are several). Here are a few off the top of my head …

Doug Baldwin went over 1,000 yards receiving yesterday (first time that’s happened in awhile) and set the Seahawks all time season record for most receiving TD’s (14).

Russell Wilson is also within striking distance of several records. Here are the notable Seahawks single season records Russell Wilson can break this next Sunday …

Matt Hasselbeck’s 3,966 yards passing set back in 2007 is the franchise record.
Dave Krieg’s 32 Touchdown Passes set back in 1984 is the franchise record.
Dave Krieg’s Completion Percentage of 65.61% set back in 1991 is the franchise record.

Wilson needs 140 more passing yards to break Hasselbeck’s record … 173 yards for 4,000 yards.

He needs 1 more TD pass to tie Krieg’s record … 2 more TD passes to break it.

Even after yesterday’s debacle, he still has a 68.1% pass completion percentage. Unless something absolutely disastrous happens, he will break Krieg’s 1991 record.

This team is STILL in the playoffs. Yesterday’s loss didn’t change that whatsoever.

Even if the Seahawks were to somehow drop to the #6 Seed, that could end up working to their advantage. This team plays best when they’re doubted …when they’re feeling disrespected. I think it’s entirely within the realm of possibility that that kind of whooping may have been exactly what the Seahawks needed.

Whether they land the 5th Seed and play in the Redskins on that God forsaken field (might not be the worst thing in the world to avoid that place) … or end up as the 6th Seed and have to face either the Packers or the Vikings – either way, there are positives to each of those scenarios ...

The Seahawks have beaten the Vikings and shown that they can shut Adrian Peterson and the Vikings Offense down.

They nearly beat Green Bay the first time around (and should have) … and they’re not playing worth a darn right now. Frozen tundra or no frozen tundra, they look really beatable.

And despite their outburst last night, the Redskins are a pretty beatable team.

So while I'm far from happy about yesterday's crap-tastic performance, the road ahead still could be quite "Super" for this team. Rose colored glasses anyone?

12thbrah

Reaction score
I'm in the glass is half full boat. This is the Seahawks floor unfortunately. If they play down to their opponent, don't execute and lose the turnover battle they can lose to any team.

The Hawks are still capable of going to the Super Bowl but if their flaws show up in again the playoffs we're done.

Ozzy

Reaction score
They are definitely capable of another Super Bowl. The won't face a team that can expose their weakness to the level the Rams did the rest of the way. If you can't create a ton of pressure against us we will put up big numbers as we have the previous 5 weeks. Still can get it done and maybe this pisses them off a little bit.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
12thbrah":3gfdb7tf said:
I'm in the glass is half full boat. This is the Seahawks floor unfortunately. If they play down to their opponent, don't execute and lose the turnover battle they can lose to any team.

And I'm wondering if that isn't precisely the kind of reminder that this team needed. I know that sounds crazy, but it's human nature to get full of one's self. They need to be hungry and angry. Maybe that beat down is precisely what they needed.

aawolf

Reaction score
IF the Seahawks get a 6 seed and the Panthers beat the Bucs and keep the #1 seed, the Seahawks won't have to play my second favorite team, the Panthers, until the NFC Championship game. I can actually pull for the Panthers in the second round game and won't have to pull against them until the NFC Championship game.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
aawolf":xebcun5a said:
IF the Seahawks get a 6 seed and the Panthers beat the Bucs and keep the #1 seed, the Seahawks won't have to play my second favorite team, the Panthers, until the NFC Championship game. I can actually pull for the Panthers in the second round game and won't have to pull against them until the NFC Championship game.

No, that's actually not correct. If they Hawks get the 6th Seed, they would be guaranteed to face the Panthers in the 2nd Round (the Divisional Round) of the Playoffs. It's only if they end up as the #5 that they would avoid them until the NFCCG -- if the Panthers end up as the #1 Seed, that is.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Unless something weird happens

Im pretty pumped Wilson should get his first 4000 yards passing season along with his first season over 30TD and most likely breaking franchise records.....

He should finish with about 4600-4800 total yards, 34 total TD prob, 10 or less ints hopefully(unless he throws 3+), and around a 109 rating on the year....not too shabby

He will also more than likely be the NFL leader #1 in QB rating. The next closest is Palmer but he is almost 3 whole rating behind.

Another fun fact is Baldwin is tied with the NFL lead in receiving TD (14) with Allen Robinson (Jags) with Brandon Marshall and OBJ 1 TD behind them. So If Wilson can connect again once or twice to Baldwin there is a good chance he leads the league in receiving TD.

All in all pretty good things on the offensive side of the ball considering how lackluster they can be at times.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2reyr14j said:
aawolf":2reyr14j said:

No, that's actually not correct. If they Hawks get the 6th Seed, they would be guaranteed to face the Panthers in the 2nd Round (the Divisional Round) of the Playoffs. It's only if they end up as the #5 that they would avoid them until the NFCCG -- if the Panthers end up as the #1 Seed, that is.

That wouldnt be true either...If Seahawks were to win as the 5 seed and the 6th seed lost they would also play Panthers since it would be 1v5 and 2v3?

So unless both wildcards win the chance seattle plays the #1 seed in 2nd round is pretty high imo

aawolf

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2gwjaod8 said:
Hawkscanner":2gwjaod8 said:
aawolf":2gwjaod8 said:

That wouldnt be true either...If Seahawks were to win as the 5 seed and the 6th seed lost they would also play Panthers since it would be 1v5 and 2v3?

So unless both wildcards win the chance seattle plays the #1 seed in 2nd round is pretty high imo

My bad. I guess I'm left with only the possibility that we keep the 5th seed and the potential 6th seed (has to be the Vikings) beat the NFC Least team (the Redskins). Then, we would not face the Panthers until the NFC Championship. Oh well, glass is back to being half-empty for my comment.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Yeah. There are some good posts here. I'll be glad to be playing with a dry ball for next week and expect us to play all right. I don't really care if we win so much. I'm sure we won't see the fumble fest and have the bad snaps and receiver drops on a regular basis. I think we'll see better offensive production going forward. I don't fear the Vikings, Packers or Redskins. We can go wherever and beat any of them.

seahawks08

Reaction score
capncrunch":1wbt0nmd said:
Yeah. There are some good posts here. I'll be glad to be playing with a dry ball for next week and expect us to play all right. I don't really care if we win so much. I'm sure we won't see the fumble fest and have the bad snaps and receiver drops on a regular basis. I think we'll see better offensive production going forward. I don't fear the Vikings, Packers or Redskins. We can go wherever and beat any of them.

Here is my order of difficulty to play against, the top being the hardest
Cardinals
Redskins
Panthers
Packers
Vikings

I would have put Packers last, but I feel there is something about the stadium in Lambeau field that makes it overwhelming for teams to play there.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
seahawks08":131cbxwg said:
capncrunch":131cbxwg said:

Cardinals
Redskins
Panthers
Packers
Vikings

I would have put Packers last, but I feel there is something about the stadium in Lambeau field that makes it overwhelming for teams to play there.

Not really sure how the Redskins have gained so much credibility with you.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
seahawks08":aiufma38 said:
capncrunch":aiufma38 said:

Cardinals
Redskins
Panthers
Packers
Vikings

I would put the Packers higher simply because Dom Capers gives our passing attack fits. They seem to know us a well as a division foe.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":33umw4m9 said:
Not really sure how the Redskins have gained so much credibility with you.

Might help if you watch a few of their recent games.

They are a force right now, and Cousins is playing really well. There are several of Gruden's plays that he's executing very reliably right now, and his OL is doing an excellent job of keeping him clean. His biggest, money-making plays are going to their stud TE, which is D's weakness. Honestly, they one of the teams I least want Hawks to play right now. Through in FedEx field, and they are the last team I want our Hawks meeting in the playoffs.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
The positives? We made the play-offs? We might be a bit spoiled but with all the drama in the first couple games followed by key player losses when we did start to play well we should be happy we even made it to the play-offs.

Then again, who says the 6th seed has to lose against the 3rd seed? The primary reason the offense didn't work out as well against the rams was the absense of anything resembling a run game and pass protection. How can we fix these things? With the return of Okung and Lynch who will both be ready for wc weekend.