Wolf greys in playoffs

chevelle03

Reaction score
Can the Hawks wear wolf greys in playoffs? And if so, can they wear them in every game?

JonRud

Reaction score
no. they would not be allowed to wear an alternate uniform in the playoffs.

253hawk

Reaction score
Alternates are allowed in all games except the SB, most teams just choose not to wear them.

Chargers/Colts wild card game, 2009:
008 afc wild card game chargers 23 colts 17 pg 600

Basis4day

Reaction score
253hawk":6hjanpz3 said:
Alternates are allowed in all games except the SB, most teams just choose not to wear them.

Chargers/Colts wild card game, 2009:
008 afc wild card game chargers 23 colts 17 pg 600

I can't find the exact rule regarding this in the NFL bylaws. I think you meant all games in the playoffs except in the SB so long as there is no conflict with the other team. I have read it elsewhere.

253hawk

Reaction score
I believe either team wearing alternates or both teams wearing colors is allowed, but subject to Rog approval based on contrast. *cough*TNFColorRush*cough*

HawkMark1976

Reaction score
The hawks do have very sharp looking uniforms. This Sunday the Vikings will probably wear white pants and purple tops so maybe Hawks go all gray or all white? ;)

FYI-The best combo is the Super Bowl 48 winning blue plants and white top.

Polk738

Reaction score
I agree, white tops an blue pants looks sharp an its the SB48 uniform. All whites just look bad an we never looked good wearing them, Wolf greys would be awesome for sunday, can't believe we are still undefeated in those unis

Davidess

Reaction score
The rule is that you can only wear your Alternate uni two times a season. so as far as the playoff are concerned I don't think they can anymore. unless the NFL consider it a different season.

seahawksny

Reaction score
My guess they go white tops blue pants rest of playoffs.. if they had gone to Washington, they probably would have gone all white, since that's what they donned last two trips there.

They used the quota on the grey

Blue? Nfc is road team, so Only if SB opponent decides to go white like somebody did in XL, but I won't go there.

253hawk

Reaction score
Davidess":2ellc64x said:
The rule is that you can only wear your Alternate uni two times a season. so as far as the playoff are concerned I don't think they can anymore. unless the NFL consider it a different season.

Just the jersey, there's no limit on the pants. I think they white/grey looks decent, but not as sharp as the white/blue (probably because the helmet color matches). It's too bad we can't have an alternate grey helmet.

Unless the NFL changed the rule, alternates are allowed in the playoffs with approval. Thing is, alternates are colored, which usually means it's the home team's call, and the home team probably wants a more 'unified' environment with the fans in the playoffs. It'd be really awkward to see a team in their alternate colors and most of the fans in the standard primary colors.

kmeleon

Reaction score
253hawk":3oq2erz5 said:
Davidess":3oq2erz5 said:
Unless the NFL changed the rule, alternates are allowed in the playoffs with approval. Thing is, alternates are colored, which usually means it's the home team's call, and the home team probably wants a more 'unified' environment with the fans in the playoffs. It'd be really awkward to see a team in their alternate colors and most of the fans in the standard primary colors.

The Card's wore red jerseys on sunday, no? Honestly I can't remember. If so then your theory is debunked about only one team can wear "color".

253hawk

Reaction score
Obviously both teams can wear color, as evidenced by the TNF color rush games this season. It's just up to league approval of the contrast. I think our alternates always get a pass because they're basically a dirty white, but now I wonder if they would work for a game at Dallas. Also, teams have to have their uniform itinerary for the season submitted by July 1st. It's not like they can just change it from week to week however they want, except for the pants.

I'm not sure how that works for situations like last year vs. the Chargers though; it was a bazillion degrees and they chose to wear whites at home while Seattle wore blue/grey. Maybe the equipment managers submit two jersey choices with a priority preference that is subject to what the home team ends up wearing.