Why are so many clamoring for coaching changes?

Rob12

Reaction score
Past four years - four playoff appearances, two SB appearances, one SB win.

I think it would be a mistake to let Bevell and Cable go. I do think that Tom Cable needs to rethink his philosophy a bit, and I think that happens no matter what based on Pete's comments today. There's going to be a bit of a roster churn going on this offseason. I have been pretty hard on Bevell, but the truth is he's probably one of the best offensive coordinators out there. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but I'd be willing to bet that he gets handcuffed by Pete a lot.

I don't want this to be too long - but I guess I just don't get the dissent with our coaching staff. The results have been amazing. RW just had his best statistical season ever, yet I see so many still calling for the head of the man that helped make it possible. For me, it comes down to this - and I am not going to pretend I know, but when listening to mic'd up segments, I would be willing to bet my house that Russ doesn't want Bevell to go anywhere.

I'll just say this - if you complain about Bevell and Cable, if you want them gone, provide some logical replacements. The grass is rarely greener on the other side. If nothing else, this coaching staff knows each other, and the 53 men on the active roster know them as well. Do we really want these guys gone? I mean, really? Give me some names that you would bring in to replace them with if that's the case.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
I'm much more worried about Coach Carroll's contact and desire beyond this season, I'm sure it's his as long as he wants it but I'd feel better if he was extended.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
You are the right on the money Rob 12. This franchise has won 70% of its games and made it as far as the division round the past 4 years. We need continued continuity and stability on this staff

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
SuperFreak":23nngqr1 said:
I'm much more worried about Coach Carroll's contact and desire beyond this season, I'm sure it's his as long as he wants it but I'd feel better if he was extended.

Desire?

Cwjdhflu4aaivkcjpg 351b452c7cd151e2

That was like three weeks ago... A month, maybe.

They say you're only as old as you feel... And PC probably feels like he's 25 right now.

He still has one of the youngest rosters in the league... And his success has been unparalleled for this franchise. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over his contract or desire. Paul Allen is going to make it very tough for him to take his talents elsewhere, I promise you.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
I'm going to throw this story out there and people can take it how they want.

So I work in corrections. I've worked at two different facilities. Darrell Bevell came in for a tour of my previous facility before training camp started last season. One of the Lieutenants, who is a huge Giants fan, grilled him a little bit when he came into the shift office. He asked him if it was his call to throw a pass from the one-yard line. Bevell laughed, and simply said, "Considering where I am, I am going to plead the fifth on that one." When I heard that, I accepted that PC saying that the final play call was his really was true. It wasn't Bevell who wanted that slant from the one - it was Pete. I mean, if it wasn't, I think Bevell would have owned it the second that question came out of the Lieutenant's mouth.

Take that for what you will. I think Bevell does some really good things. I also think that Pete overrules him at times. Not all the time, but a decent amount, and maybe less now after last year's SB loss. I might be wrong as I'm going off of secondhand information.

I want to keep Bevell, and I want Pete to completely hand him the keys to the offense. That's what my gut tells me.

rcaido

Reaction score
Rob12":ezfc42ux said:

So I work in corrections. I've worked at two different facilities. Darrell Bevell came in for a tour of my previous facility before training camp started last season. One of the Lieutenants, who is a huge Giants fan, grilled him a little bit when he came into the shift office. He asked him if it was his call to throw a pass from the one-yard line. Bevell laughed, and simply said, "Considering where I am, I am going to plead the fifth on that one." When I heard that, I accepted that PC saying that the final play call was his really was true. It wasn't Bevell who wanted that slant from the one - it was Pete. I mean, if it wasn't, I think Bevell would have owned it the second that question came out of the Lieutenant's mouth.

Take that for what you will. I think Bevell does some really good things. I also think that Pete overrules him at times. Not all the time, but a decent amount, and maybe less now after last year's SB loss. I might be wrong as I'm going off of secondhand information.

I want to keep Bevell, and I want Pete to completely hand him the keys to the offense. That's what my gut tells me.

Please dont hand the keys to Bevell, i love my Seahawks.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
rcaido":36w0qgfx said:
Rob12":36w0qgfx said:

Please dont hand the keys to Bevell, i love my Seahawks.

You have nothing to stand on that supports that statement. Has Pete ever said the offense completely belongs to Bevell?

So that's kind of the point of this thread. You obviously don't like Bevell. What's your solution? Who are you bringing in to guide this offense?

SuperFreak

Reaction score
What I mean by desire is Pete might at some point want to call it a career and spend time with his family, he has an ideal NFL set up and has his son's on the staff etc I'm sure Allen will pay whatever is fair to him.

I hope he goes until he's 70 at least but he's at an age where I don't think it's out of the question that he could ride off into the sunset at anytime now.

AirStrike

Reaction score
SuperFreak":37a61i2w said:

Lol, Pete isn't going anywhere. Maybe if Russell Wilson was 35 and the team was in cap hell he'd have an itch for greener pastures. As it currently stands he'll be head coach the next 6~ years without hesitation.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
I hope so I remember Erickson, Mora and Flores etc etc. I love Pete I hoping he's here for a long long tune.

Davidess

Reaction score
Don't want bevell to go anywhere. wanting a coaching change is a fans easiest out when the team plays poorly. that is why a lot of people are wanting a coaching change or well an OC change.

Don't need to hand the keys to nobody. this team goes good when everyone executes and plays to the expectations they have set.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
People need something or someone to moan about.

There won't be any changes -- and that's a good thing.

Reaction score
Lots of new greedy fans who don't understand how hard winning in the NFL is, these hawks have made it look easy the last few years.

sutz

Reaction score
Same reason so many people want player roster changes. They think they know what they're posting about when in fact, none of us really do know.

Frankly, I'm tired of the coaching changes that have occurred over the past few years from guys getting better jobs elsewhere. I don't think we need to fire anybody. I want some continuity.

kjreid

Reaction score
sutz":11i3pzyf said:
Same reason so many people want player roster changes. They think they know what they're posting about when in fact, none of us really do know.

Frankly, I'm tired of the coaching changes that have occurred over the past few years from guys getting better jobs elsewhere. I don't think we need to fire anybody. I want some continuity.

I totally agree with you sutz, but there will always be changes due to cap and other situations. I would like to keep pretty much all of your Defense and only look at some minor adjustments on offense, maybe a couple of Olineman (a guard and a tackle). On D I am not sure if we can afford to keep our entire front line and the DB's so we are going to lose one or two strictly cap issues and get something in the draft.

I would like to keep Kearse but he might be a victim of a rookie salary that is just that much cheaper than we can get him for. it will be an interesting off season but the changes will be minor and I don't advocate getting rid of the Lynch's, Kams, Wagners, Okungs of the world because they are no good. I don't know many (or any) that would be better that will be on the market that we can afford.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Bevell's playcalling / gameplans at times has been frustrating, and at times he's been very good.

Cable, some people place blame on him for our bad pass protection, but then shouldn't he also get credit for us being top 3 in rushing offense? Plus we always play teams with very good d-lines.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm fine with our coaches (other than offensive philosophy).

Cable's a great O-line coach, he's not the problem..............it's what he's given to work with. Now maybe that's him being arrogant in the draft room? idk, he does have input into who we acquire and draft, so maybe he's not totally absolved.

But here's a novel idea, let's actually get him some good lineman to work with, and not rely on him making chicken salad out of chicken $#@!.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
So much I can say about this thread, and not much positive........
But for the sake of not starting a pissing contest in the main forum.....I'll choose to sit this one out.