Carroll tosses Michael Bennett out of practice

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
nfl":27k51cql said:
Carroll threw his star defensive tackle out of a practice session after Bennett and Cliff Avril got into it with left guard Mark Glowinski during a heated team drill. Bennett reportedly had to be restrained by fellow tackle Jordan Hill before being booted by Carroll, who felt like Bennett's aggression went over the line.

"(The team's passion is) translating into sometimes we lose a little bit of the poise that we need," Carroll said after practice. "We can't play like that. You get in a skirmish, you get thrown out. That's what happens. So that happened today. And that's just the way you do it, the way we do it."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... s-practice

Siiick!

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
He is so very good at getting his teams to play right on the edge.

Every challenge is a teaching moment.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":ra4db07h said:
He is so very good at getting his teams to play right on the edge.

Every challenge is a teaching moment.

Yea, my first thought was that it sounded like something Pete may have choreographed.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
dogorama":ld90rhtb said:
"Michael Bennett is destroying the entire offensive line?" MB is good but he isn't that good, not really what I wanted to hear.

Actually, he can be. I remember during super bowl 49 he was in Brady's face all day just being a one man wrecking crew.

oops...meant to quote dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":1mm99sm7 said:
Actually, he can be. I remember during super bowl 49 he was in Brady's face all day just being a one man wrecking crew.

oops...meant to quote dogarama

He played good but "remember" Brady also came back from a 10-point deficit with two TD drives to win the game.

chris98251

Reaction score
dogorama":b4ao3t26 said:
Hollandhawk":b4ao3t26 said:

He played good but "remember" Brady also came back from a 10-point deficit with two TD drives to win the game.

Have not even made it to the first pre season game and you pull this stuff out of the bag, keep this up and we won't like you very much :)

dogorama

Reaction score
chris98251":o02mg0xs said:
dogorama":o02mg0xs said:
Hollandhawk":o02mg0xs said:

Have not even made it to the first pre season game and you pull this stuff out of the bag, keep this up and we won't like you very much :)

Why? Because I am pointing out a simple fact? It's a "forum" for discussion, not a choir.

chris98251

Reaction score
dogorama":1z9b8kl2 said:
chris98251":1z9b8kl2 said:
dogorama":1z9b8kl2 said:
Hollandhawk":1z9b8kl2 said:

Why? Because I am pointing out a simple fact? It's a "forum" for discussion, not a choir.

You didn't get the smiley sarcasm in that statement did you........................................

Never mind then I will be blunt and factual going forward, sorry to ruffle feathers.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I'm loving the attitude from Ifedi and Glowinski, we going to have some bad asses on the O-line this year.

12thbrah

Reaction score
dogorama":o5yb4b20 said:
Hollandhawk":o5yb4b20 said:

Brady didn't win the game more the Seahawks lost the game on their last offensive play. Nuff said

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":11my003c said:
I'm loving the attitude from Ifedi and Glowinski, we going to have some bad asses on the O-line this year.
Yep, it would be nice if the Offensive line got a LOB sized chip on their shoulders.

"Others doubt" can be a HUGE motivator when properly channeled.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Bennett may be playing with more of a chip on his shoulder because the whole contract thing. He may be here and playing but not happy. Maybe a bit more rough because of it. If he stays and plays that hard all season a win for team. IMHO they will not pay him more and not even resign him when the time comes. I know it sounds ridiculous but he will want top $ for and aging vet (who is still top of game). Plus he will be to pissed off at team to want to really play for us by then. The team likes young and cheap. Lets hope he has his head about him enough to get through at least this season. Of course this is all just my uniformed useless opinion..... but at least its mine:)

McGruff

Reaction score
That comment is the first I've heard of Bennett having his way. I've heard he's high energy and active, but I've actually been hearing the young guard are holding their own and sometimes having their way.

But even if that weren't the case, pass blocking drills heavily favor the DL, and Bennett is a fricken' pro with perhaps the league's best pass rushing technique. Going up against rookies. In the first week of training camp. I'd be shocked if that wasn't the case.

chris98251

Reaction score
The new rules about Unsportsmanlike conduct and having Refs being able to toss you is being used here, keeping your head, I didn't see it but if you throw a punch or say the wrong thing they can throw a flag now, two flags and they can toss you, something akin to that game with a round ball and cards for penalties.

dogorama

Reaction score
chris98251":1oiw96l1 said:
dogorama":1oiw96l1 said:
chris98251":1oiw96l1 said:
You didn't get the smiley sarcasm in that statement did you........................................

Never mind then I will be blunt and factual going forward, sorry to ruffle feathers.

Okay, sorry if I mistook the reply, the internet can be like that sometimes.

On a more topical note, MB's dominance over this line is somewhat disconcerting given that we have brought in another vet for a look AND the fact that Cable makes a statement in the press that Webb doesn't get the pace the Seahawks practice at.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
"Preseason jawing is completely normal, and in some cases acceptable as a team-building exercise. But for the oldest coach in the league, Bennett's yapping -- on and off the field -- had gone on long enough without repercussions."

Does the writer of this article know anything else about Pete Carroll other than his age? He is one of the most player-friendly coaches in the league. The coach who empowers his players to be themselves more than just about any other coach. The coach more players want to play for than any other coach in the league.

This has NOTHING to do with anything off-the-field with Bennett. It is about enforcing the new rules in order to practice like they play. Carroll loves the way Bennett plays and practices with fire; but he also knows that there will be consequences if the same happens in a real game situation.

dogorama

Reaction score
12thbrah":tr2f1pjt said:
dogorama":tr2f1pjt said:
Hollandhawk":tr2f1pjt said:

Brady didn't win the game more the Seahawks lost the game on their last offensive play. Nuff said

Okay, okay, don't shoot me I am just the piano player, LOL.

Seriously though, I am as big a homer as anyone and while I agree w/you, I hope that doesn't keep me from giving credit where credit is due or completely losing my objectivity.

sc85sis

Reaction score
dogorama":1svzjrvb said:
"Michael Bennett is destroying the entire offensive line?" MB is good but he isn't that good, not really what I wanted to hear.
Whom are you quoting? I didn't see that in the article. The only previous reference I'd seen to Bennett and the o-line was that he got frustrated the other day when Ifedi held his own twice in one-on-one drills with Michael.

Edit: Just realized that must be something from the video at the top of the page. Can't watch it yet because I'm still at work.

I suspect that's a bit of hyperbole. Either way, I wouldn't worry too much after just one week of camp.