Boykin

Seafan

Reaction score
Brock Huard and Danny O'Neil have both said they believe Boykin won't make the team.

What say you?

Chiefs released Murray.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
So....without sounding like mr obvious.....what qb's would be available to back up Russ? Is Jackson still an option?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Ideally, would be on the PS. If someone claims him, meh. Not even close to 53 material right now.

kearly

Reaction score
I would consider that positive news if true. It would mean Seattle has a trade or a deal for a dependable backup in the works.

I don't know if Boykin clears waivers but even if he didn't, he seems like the kind of QB who'd be on waivers again down the road even if another team snatches him.

Bevell had a look of bemused anguish on his face after a series of bad plays by Boykin last night. I think they really wanted Boykin to seize that #2 job, but their body language did not seem to support the idea that Boykin had shown what they wanted.

I would still like to see Boykin stick around on the PS if possible. But at this point, I am actually okay with cutting bait on him. He's years away from being ready.

dogorama

Reaction score
In an even stranger twist of fate, Siouxhawk, who had been running unopposed for the OCD award, will be vindicated as T-Jack is flown in direct from anger management treatment on Paul Allen's private jet.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if he's the primary backup heading into the season. He's not ready, and his mechanics are pretty bad. That windup is begging for strip sacks and batted down passes. But, he's got potential galore. I think he can make it to the practice squad.

If not for a fluky hail Mary, I don't think so many people would care one way or another. BJ Daniels looked much better (IMO) in the preseason than Boykin ever did, and he was moved to WR.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
nanomoz":3ahm8g4n said:
I'd be surprised if he's the primary backup heading into the season. He's not ready, and his mechanics are pretty bad. That windup is begging for strip sacks and batted down passes. But, he's got potential galore. I think he can make it to the practice squad.

If not for a fluky hail Mary, I don't think so many people would care one way or another. BJ Daniels looked much better (IMO) in the preseason than Boykin ever did, and he was moved to WR.

Daniels is also available now. Let the speculation begin.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Boykin has had flashes of brilliance, but the 4th preseason game really hurt him. Really revealed that he is at the same level as most rookie QBs. B.J. Daniels... I wouldn't be against it, but I have always kind of liked BJ.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
That doesn't make sense unless they bring back Jackson cause Boykin's there only option for backup QB unless they make a trade or pick someone up off waivers who might be worse.

Tical21

Reaction score
We are about to see how invincible they think Russell is. They can save at least a million using Boykin as their backup. As long as TJack is still on the street, Boykin will never have to play more than a partial game. If they can slide him as their backup all year they have stolen a year of development for him. That said, he is a collection of critical errors. His situational football was about as bad as it gets. He has got the it factor, but not the now factor.

OP
OP
Seafan

Seafan

Reaction score
To be fair to Boykin it would have been nice to see him play some behind the starting line with Doug, Tyler, and Rawls.
He may still be the backup. But like many members of the Seattle media have indicated the vibe from the Hawks is they aren't happy with him at #2. We'll see very soon.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seafan":1ck5ldzl said:
Brock Huard and Danny O'Neil have both said they believe Boykin won't make the team.

What say you?

Chiefs released Murray.
I think (and hope) both are speaking out of their southern most orifice.

OP
OP
Seafan

Seafan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":uownflca said:
Seafan":uownflca said:

What say you?

Chiefs released Murray.
I think (and hope) both are speaking out of their southern most orifice.

Other media members including Gregg Bell and John Clayton have said the same.