Is PC the problem with PCJS?

daketah

Reaction score
Looking at what other teams are able to do with mediocre players, is John's ability to find talent being undermined by Pete's inability to coach? The apparent unwillingness to force the issue with Bev is Pete's biggest liability. If there were no basis for comparison, I'd just kick the can down the road, but look around the NFL. The Patriots seem to be able to win games with a roster inferior to ours. How do we lose to a team that was shut out one week ago, while only scoring 3 points? Coaching.

Crizilla

Reaction score
we've always been out coached against the rams....so annoying

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
See, we're going to get around to this question eventually. At this point, people will say that you're freaking out.

I think it's worth questioning Pete for hanging on to Bevell and Cable for so long, especially Bevell and especially after not only the XLIX playcall, but Bevell's reaction to it like OF COURSE throwing at our fifth WR on the one when Marshawn Lynch is in the backfield is a great idea!

I think that if this continues and Bevell isn't let go, and Pete continues to protect him, then we can talk about if Pete should go, but we're not there yet by a long shot. Let's see how things develop.

SlickRick

Reaction score
makes me sick to my stomach, heres seattles chance to go up 2-0 and they blow it to the rams for the 3rd straight time. WTH is going on? come on bevell come on pete!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The moment we lose PC, we start losing.

Coaching is the difference between winning and losing. Good coaches can win with better players but great coaches can win with average players. Bad coaches lose with better players. We lose Carroll we are sunk.

But as long as Carroll keeps being loyal to Bevell? We are likely never winning anything again either.

So the question becomes, is it possible to find a good OC that Carroll would be OK coaching? No idea on that one.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":27hygr46 said:
See, we're going to get around to this question eventually. At this point, people will say that you're freaking out.

I think it's worth questioning Pete for hanging on to Bevell and Cable for so long, especially Bevell and especially after not only the XLIX playcall, but Bevell's reaction to it like OF COURSE throwing at our fifth WR on the one when Marshawn Lynch is in the backfield is a great idea!

I think that if this continues and Bevell isn't let go, and Pete continues to protect him, then we can talk about if Pete should go, but we're not there yet by a long shot. Let's see how things develop.

I think we have to be very careful with that. Things can unravel quickly, and it is much harder to go from losing culture to winning than winning to losing. Everything we are thankful to Pete for could be gone in a matter of months.

I don't think Pete should go, but I think Paul should consult with John and make some decisions. I know it is generally bad for owners to stick their hands in football decisions, but this has been pushed way too far.

OP
OP
daketah

daketah

Reaction score
The head coach has the responsibility for his coordinators. Pete's loyalty to Bev is going to take him down. The Hawks' biggest failures over the current era have been related to DB. Pete has got to know this. CASE KEENUM outperformed RW today. Let that sink in for a minute.

Boycie

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":oonwgnxf said:

I totally agree with everything this guy just said. I cannot even imagine what RW would look like with a good OC.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3pizvxv1 said:
.......So the question becomes, is it possible to find a good OC that Carroll would be OK coaching? No idea on that one.
He's got to be willing to move on from Bevell and has shown no willingness to do so, even after the XLIX "thing".

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Neither Coach Pete or Bevell fumbled the ball within sight of the goal line and winning the game.

That one belongs to ole butter fingers himself, Christine Michaels, a soon to be former Seahawk, IMO.

GO HAWKS!!!

kamikazehawk

Reaction score
Real quick, someone look up the which teams have the most wins in the NFL since Pete became our Head Coach... I'll wait... now slap your self and move on. Fisher beat us today, do you want to trade him for Pete? He hasn't had a winning season yet as the Rams HC. Knee jerk reactions are just frustrating to read after a game like this. The Rams scored 9 points! The OL got manhandled for 4 quarters and we had huge calls go against us in pivotal times. This is why we play 16 games. This would have been nice to start 2-0 but many Super Bowls have been attended by teams that have started 1-1. We'll be fine. Every season our OL takes several weeks to gel and our offensive is sluggish until mid season. REEEEELAAAAAAAXX!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
:3-1:
Bitter":95z0k6vn said:
Smelly McUgly":95z0k6vn said:

I think we have to be very careful with that. Things can unravel quickly, and it is much harder to go from losing culture to winning than winning to losing. Everything we are thankful to Pete for could be gone in a matter of months.

I don't think Pete should go, but I think Paul should consult with John and make some decisions. I know it is generally bad for owners to stick their hands in football decisions, but this has been pushed way too far.

To be clear, I don't think PC should have even a slightly lukewarm seat now, but if/when the offense takes a massive step back this year, if PC continues to support these offensive coaches no matter what, we can begin to seriously discuss this.

And it would be a discussion, not a FIRE PC thing because he has earned at least that much.

kamikazehawk

Reaction score
12HawkFan":14q07ins said:
Neither Coach Pete or Bevell fumbled the ball within sight of the goal line and winning the game.

That one belongs to ole butter fingers himself, Christine Michaels, a soon to be former Seahawk, IMO.

GO HAWKS!!!

What is wrong with people? CM was one of the only bright spots on our offense today. Without him we don't have a chance to be in that position. He made a grave error as he tried to force the first down. All of a sudden he's a former Seahawk? What game were you watching?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
12HawkFan":3ier9k8s said:

GO HAWKS!!!

No, but their game planning and play calling put the Seahawks in a position where it came down to that.

Seafan

Reaction score
12HawkFan":1k3ne3li said:

GO HAWKS!!!

CM was the best offensive player today. Bev sucked and whoever came up with the game plan sucked. A lot of stupid penalties and questionable calls as well. Kam spotted the Rams 3 with an absolutely idiotic penalty.

Shead and Kam weren't looking back at the ball all day.

OP
OP
daketah

daketah

Reaction score
I think CM was a NULL today. He followed a good run with a missed pass protection block earlier, then follows a few good plays with a fumble. Good plays cancelled out by drive killing plays that good professionals don't make. He was cut before, and he is headed for the same now.

Fade

Reaction score
I honestly thought Bevell was trolling Pete Carroll in this game. Intentionally calling bad plays to see how much he could get away with. Like a teenager testing their parents.

Bevell made a lot of errors today, but ignoring Jimmy Graham in the red zone is the biggest red flag of them all. You have the most dangerous red zone weapon in the league, and in 2 games he doesn't get a target. He only had 1 red zone TD last year BTW.

The Seahawks have a top 5 QB, a Top 5 slot reciever, Top 5 receiving TE, Tyler Lockett, and nice complementary pieces around that core, and they can only score 1 TD in 2 games. Yes the offensive line is bad, but how does that account for not targeting Jimmy Graham in the red zone when you get down there.

Another indictment on Bevell is when the Hawks go into their 2 min offense, they move the ball just fine. Coincidentally Russell makes the majority of the play calls in these situations, not Bevell.

OP
OP
daketah

daketah

Reaction score
Another indictment on Bevell is when the Hawks go into their 2 min offense, they move the ball just fine. Coincidentally Russell makes the majority of the play calls in these situations, not Bevell.

THIS. EVERY. TIME.

NJlargent

Reaction score
This team has won the past few years despite our coaching. Now it looks like we can't

summesm

Reaction score
12HawkFan":1qa3his2 said:

GO HAWKS!!!
But should never been in that position . We scored 3 points ? Ya need to protect the ball but also needs game plan or be able to adjust . This offence is not coached good and that goes to bevell, cable and straight to Pete.

Latest posts