Mike Morgan to IR

ivotuk

Reaction score
What a drag. He has worked so hard for so many years and never complained. I find him to be an integral part of this team.

It's Mike's hard work and attention to detail that allow our team to manage the roster the way they do. He's one of those "lunch pail" guys that does his job, doesn't complain, and helps his team, and the Superstars succeed.

McGruff

Reaction score
Let the Marsh era begin.

Man, Terry Poole was such a waste of a pick.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Marsh is looking better and better in space. I saw him in coverage vs. the TE several times and he was just fine (although the Jets' TE's are nothing to write home about, but it's still valuable reps), and he sets the edge vs. the run much better than Morgan ever did.

I feel bad for Morgan, but he was always Just A Guy. Average, but you knew what you'd get. A solid place holder than didn't make many impact plays, but wasn't a liability either.

Marsh has more athleticism and upside. He makes more impact plays and disappears less. I'm looking forward to see what he can do with the starting reps. He'll have the bye week to work on it.

Erebus

Reaction score
This is the first I'm hearing of him being injured. Pete said they came out of yesterday's game in good shape. So what happened?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/783084358789763072[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JaredStanger/status/783085474214612992[/tweet]

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Erebus":2wcxjffd said:
This is the first I'm hearing of him being injured. Pete said they came out of yesterday's game in good shape. So what happened?
He was on the injury report with a 'sports hernia' and inactive this week.

Tough, but for the team Marsh is for sure playing big-time in the 25% of plays the D isn't in nickel anyway.

Hawks46

Reaction score
You don't have to designate an "IR return" so they could bring him back in about 8 weeks if needed.

As someone else mentioned, Jordan Tripp was moved up from the PS. I'm guessing this is more for ST if he's active. I read that Poole was waived "from IR" so I'm guessing he was on IR/inactive.

Pete had mentioned that Morgan was dealing with a "hernia type thing" and would give us more information later. This was last week.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I always thought Marsh was going to end up starting at some point, but I didn't want it to be in this way.

That said, some things need to be cleared up here. Morgan ran a 4.4 40 and had even been clocked at 4.3 as a junior. Marsh has a really nice get off and now being down to 245, he could probably dip down into the 4.6 area (looks faster than KJ anyway), but he's in no way more athletic than Morgan. Just dont go there. Stronger and more physical and probably has a bit better get off, but not more athletic.

Get well Morgan.

floridian_seahawk

Reaction score
Erebus":2a40v2pp said:

More goodies...
[tweet]https://twitter.com/GoSeahawksNews/status/783133804013629440[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/GoSeahawksNews/status/783136828702339072[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/GoSeahawksNews/status/783138345782173696[/tweet]

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Actually this Sterling Bailey kid might have some use in the passing game as well. Nothing to suggest it in combine numbers, but his hand usage and leverage is good.

HawkGA

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3t7hr9g1 said:
Actually this Sterling Bailey kid might have some use in the passing game as well. Nothing to suggest it in combine numbers, but his hand usage and leverage is good.

I don't really see him cracking through our WR corps.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I was always pulling for Poole, but ever since he was drafted, I kind of got the feeling he'd be just another one of Cable's failures. I mean he was the first OL (4th round) the Hawks took in that draft. Ridiculous. He was projected to be a 7th rounder - undrafted. What a wasted pick. I just get the feeling Reese Odhiambo will meet the same fate in the near future. Another guy Cable badly reached for.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
HawkGA":3nfqyzmp said:
vin.couve12":3nfqyzmp said:

I don't really see him cracking through our WR corps.

I actually stopped what I was doing to read that twice just to be sure. Bravo....

:irishdrinkers:

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1e0rxd51 said:
I was always pulling for Poole, but ever since he was drafted, I kind of got the feeling he'd be just another one of Cable's failures. I mean he was the first OL (4th round) the Hawks took in that draft. Ridiculous. He was projected to be a 7th rounder - undrafted. What a wasted pick. I just get the feeling Reese Odhiambo will meet the same fate in the near future. Another guy Cable badly reached for.
Whatever made you think Cable calls the shots on draft day?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Cable doesn't call the shots, but he has a lot of input. Basically all of the DL conversions were his calls. I don't know what else he has input on, but he's going to have the most input as it pertains to OL or even TEs & Backs in blocking.

Probably doesn't always get his way, obviously, but that's specifically why he's there.

EDIT:

The cap and position market dictate that no coach, position coach, assistant coach, etc gets what they really want. Often times you have to dig a bit deeper to really succeed. That said, Cable is going to have more input than anyone in terms what he can draft at the slot he's given, but he doesn't control the slot. To an extent, how the draft goes really dictates the slot. Players on your board aren't always there when you pick. Then you fall back to your second, third, fourth, etc option or even try to go two for...

It's not just a simple as blaming a guy. I think there's been an attempt to improve the OL with personnel, but on that same token, we don't generally pay OL or really aren't able to at this time because of how our contracts have played out, staggered in years of need. We've had to let go of some people that we rather would not if we could help it and may other scenarios of trying to maintain and improve.

If you really want to ring that bell, then what other position are you going to cut in order to get what you would consider an appropriate investment?

Yo will have to cut in other places.