Our D-Line hit Ryan often

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Our D-Line hit Matt Ryan often ...
On that first TD, Ryan was hit hard on the previous play, and I was sure they were just going to have a run play to allow him to recover ... I believe the D thought the same ...
I would like to see our D-Line mix aggressiveness early in games like they did yesterday ...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Our D did pretty darn good considering Chancellor was out the whole game and Bennett wasn't there for a good chunk of the 2nd half.

Two of Atlanta's TD's were on blown coverages that were directly attributable to Kam being out. Seattle D gave up one legit TD. I doubt any of those freebies would have been available, had they been at full strength.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Against "The NFL's Best Offense'?

Avril had 4 tackles (including 2 TFL), 2 sacks and 1 FF. My vote for player of the game.

Ryan got hit 14 times, sacked 4 times, and I'm not sure he completed even one pass for a first down on 3 drives in the 4th Q.

The D was huge again.

OP
OP
J

joeseahawks

Reaction score
And those were not small hits. I think Bennet landed on him a couple of times with all his weight.
Matt Ryan is one tough cookie.
I know we already took out Romo ... I honestly thought Matt Ryan wouldn't finish the game.
If they unleash this D on Carson Palmer , I doubt he will finish the game next Sunday.

I like what this D did...
Last year, they seem to only bring 4 guys ... Yesterday, they were bringing guys from all positions to attack the QB. I'm sure they surprised Dan Quinn with this approach.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Ryan was clearly shook on a couple of drives in the first half. I can't remember if it was 2 or 3 sacks in a row at one point and they were caused by great coverage downfield, and a hungry line!

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
In the first half yes.

Not in the second half though, Richard stopped blitzing for some unknown reason.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2rxdlqrk said:
In the first half yes.

Not in the second half though, Richard stopped blitzing for some unknown reason.

Cause Ryan was getting the ball out in like 1.5 seconds.

They adjusted....we eventually adjusted to their adjustments.....

Weird that Atlanta tried to win too......

Hawks46

Reaction score
joeseahawks":43kdmu8f said:
And those were not small hits. I think Bennet landed on him a couple of times with all his weight.
Matt Ryan is one tough cookie.
I know we already took out Romo ... I honestly thought Matt Ryan wouldn't finish the game.
If they unleash this D on Carson Palmer , I doubt he will finish the game next Sunday.

I like what this D did...
Last year, they seem to only bring 4 guys ... Yesterday, they were bringing guys from all positions to attack the QB. I'm sure they surprised Dan Quinn with this approach.

Both QB's don't like to get hit and allow it to affect them. The difference is that Palmer will throw it up rather than get hit; it's why he has a lot more INT's than Ryan does this year. If we get to him the same way, we're going to get a couple INT's.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The DL is one of our strengths this year. Exactly what needed to happen. And did anyone notice Jarran Reed got a sack?

Marlin Man

Reaction score
So why did we change the attack in the 3rd qrtr, everybody in the world new they had shut Atlanta down the first half WITH THE PRESSURE- so why did we come out third quarter and "forget" how we got there- gave up three significant drives in a row- The last one being 99 friggin yards. ALL WITH NO PRESSURE- absolute coaching joke.

yeah I know 4-1 is 4-1, but good god man what the hell aare our defensive coaches thinking???????

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Marlin Man":rxt1phnr said:
So why did we change the attack in the 3rd qrtr, everybody in the world new they had shut Atlanta down the first half WITH THE PRESSURE- so why did we come out third quarter and "forget" how we got there- gave up three significant drives in a row- The last one being 99 friggin yards. ALL WITH NO PRESSURE- absolute coaching joke.

yeah I know 4-1 is 4-1, but good god man what the hell aare our defensive coaches thinking???????

I am sure it was the coaches decision to pull our best pass rusher out (Bennett). I am sure it was our coaches fault when there were two big plays when there was miscommunication between players. Yup coaches fault alright. For 3 quarters we dominated one of the best offenses in the league. There were reasons we fell flat in one quarter. WOW. some people have a hard time understanding the game.

Laloosh

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":165xberk said:
The DL is one of our strengths this year. Exactly what needed to happen. And did anyone notice Jarran Reed got a sack?
Took a shot to celebrate.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Yeah, right I don't understand the game.

In the third quarter alone Atlanta/Ryan passed for 220 yards.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":jmkk0mmp said:

He also had a great game in total. He plays such an important but thankless position. Not to be dramatic but he may be already better than Mebane at his prime.

SchadyHawk

Reaction score
Marlin Man":2zqhq4qu said:

Not sure what people were watching because the Seahawks were still getting crazy pressure in the 3rd quarter but Ryan was barely able to get it off to a quick checkdown several times.There was at least 3 times I could recall where the defense busted through at the snap and even got an arm on Ryan and he somehow got it off to a receiver/back. Also they made a ton of shoe string catches by some no names that were tough to defend. The busted coverages are what killed us and that has to be attributed to Chancellor being out in some capacity. Do I like 21 points in a quarter, absolutely not but I don't believe it was on the coaching whatsoever

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
gowazzu02":31bim2h7 said:
NFSeahawks628":31bim2h7 said:
In the first half yes.

Cause Ryan was getting the ball out in like 1.5 seconds.

They adjusted....we eventually adjusted to their adjustments.....

Weird that Atlanta tried to win too......

You're cute. :177692:

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Marlin Man":35bqyj56 said:
Yeah, right I don't understand the game.

In the third quarter alone Atlanta/Ryan passed for 220 yards.

How is that the coaches fault? I guess one can look at the raw numbers and interject any opinion they want without understanding what goes behind the numbers.
They scored 3 points the entire game outside the 4rd quarter. Coaches fault.......

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
I couldn't watch the game but post game highlights they were talking about Sherm's tirade was directed at Kris Richards and that he had to be physically restrained from him. But no mention of by anyone in pressers. Obviously something going on with the coaches turned in to "communication issues" later if this is true. Anyone actually see this?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
DLine balled out of control yesterday. Avril had himself a great game. But once Bennett left, it really showed.