Looking at the Current Seahawk Roster

Largent80

Reaction score
What would you draft NEXT year?

I'm going RB....LB.....OT in no particular order.

You?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
O Line
O Line
D End Pass Rusher
O Line
O Line
O Line

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":u410sfxe said:
O Line
O Line
D End Pass Rusher
O Line
O Line
O Line

I would have said this LAST year, but the current OL is doing good and getting better.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
A stud RB sounds good but maybe (if one is there at the spot): A bona fide QB for safety/backup?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":3nq6286s said:
Sgt. Largent":3nq6286s said:
O Line
O Line
D End Pass Rusher
O Line
O Line
O Line

I would have said this LAST year, but the current OL is doing good and getting better.

Other than Ifedi and Britt we need upgrades. "Better" is a relative term we're using cause the line's been below average. It's still one of the poorer lines in the league.

IMO we need another top LT and continue to draft depth all along the line. I never want to see a washed up Webb type of lineman starting because we have no other options.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2b9xb1sl said:
Largent80":2b9xb1sl said:
Sgt. Largent":2b9xb1sl said:
O Line
O Line
D End Pass Rusher
O Line
O Line
O Line

Other than Ifedi and Britt we need upgrades. "Better" is a relative term we're using cause the line's been below average. It's still one of the poorer lines in the league.

IMO we need another top LT and continue to draft depth all along the line. I never want to see a washed up Webb type of lineman starting because we have no other options.

Sowell had a good game Sunday. Re-watch the game and focus on OL like I did. I was impressed by everyone on that line, and I'm not easy to impress regarding OL.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
LT
DE
RB

I see these as the biggest needs. Having a bit of depth at OL and maybe WR/TE is something to do as well. Seem to always have injuries at WR/TE. I think our backup QB will suffice by next year.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'll go ahead and pick on the OL focus of the thread so far. I was wondering what they do with Britt. There is a lack of tackles on the team but I think a lot of depth inside. Do the Hawks move Britt again? There was mention in training camp that he was doing well not just because he was at center but because he was doing a better job with his play in general (keeping his butt down, seems to be a phrase I remember hearing).

McGruff

Reaction score
OT, DL . . . and I think we need to seriously be thinking about the future of the secondary. Earl and Kam are working towards their 3rd contracts, and age will get a hold of them sooner than later. And they will be hard to replace.

And this draft appears loaded at the safety position.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
You can't just look at the current roster. Actual talent pockets play the biggest part.

However as far as predrafting for need:

1. DE. This draft is ludicrous in pass rushers and DBs. We have two 30+ year old starters. Get some. I'd double dip here in the top 120.

2. DB. This looks like the best secondary class I've ever seen. And it's particularly well stocked with guys that fit our narrow physical profile. Get one. Maybe two.

3. RB. I know we just added 3 last year. But does any of them make you feel like we've effectively replaced the running quality we've come to rely on? I don't. It's a great class of backs. If one should slide -- I can see us going with one in R2.

Basically we have the following contracts expiring in 2018. Figure half or more have to be replaced:

1. Bennett
2. Chancellor
3. Graham
4. Richardson
5. Britt
6. Marsh

Of these, I tend to think Britt is the one we try hardest to keep. I would expect Bennett to be extended this offseason. Chancellor and Graham will be on third deals. Want to tread carefully there.

This is a great year to get Chancellor's successor. Safety class is just loaded.

OT would be a need. But it's is so terrible this year. The reality is, this class has great talent elsewhere and Seattle has shown they will double dip in the position groups of good depth.

DB and DE seem the most logical.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
If I were to transfer souls with Schneider, this would be my list for most glaring weaknesses and need:

1. Get Russell a receiver over 6'2". Yes, we have Graham, but we've got so many small targets. Look how Russell connected with Rice as a rookie. Get our franchise QB a big target outside to develop with

2. Offensive line. Especially left tackle. Ifedi is looking (so far) to finally be a good pick. Let's get another one to develop up front.

3. Defensive end. As a poster above pointed out, Bennett and Avril are aging. Let's get a speed rusher or two to develop alongside Clark if he truly is the future on the defensive line.

4. Running back. Doubt Leonard Fornette will fall to us in the draft, but if he does, take him. Michael is fine, but Rawls needs to find a way to stay healthy. Despite how effective our passing attack can be, having a good run game wins in the playoffs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":86gtcyqq said:
Sgt. Largent":86gtcyqq said:
Largent80":86gtcyqq said:
Sgt. Largent":86gtcyqq said:
O Line
O Line
D End Pass Rusher
O Line
O Line
O Line

Sowell had a good game Sunday. Re-watch the game and focus on OL like I did. I was impressed by everyone on that line, and I'm not easy to impress regarding OL.

Our QB has two serious injuries because this line is not that good, especially at the tackle position. Sowell is doing well for Sowell..........that doesn't mean we shouldn't be upgrading the position if we can get a stud RT, and LT.

It's by FAR the biggest area of need of all the position groups..............again.

McGruff

Reaction score
Bottom line is, aside from LT, this is a draft where we can look at BPA and projecting future needs. The last few years we haven't had that luxury. This year we do. Only one starter is not under contract, and he's easily replacable (Sowell).

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Defense
Defense
Defense

See Minn.

Russ can make do with any playmakers.

BUT
Defense wins championships.

Time consuming offense
Championship caliber Defense
=SB.. see 2013 Seahawks.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ibz2wxku said:
Our QB has two serious injuries because this line is not that good, especially at the tackle position. Sowell is doing well for Sowell..........that doesn't mean we shouldn't be upgrading the position if we can get a stud RT, and LT.

It's by FAR the biggest area of need of all the position groups..............again.

I usually don't trot out the "are you even watching the games" line, but I'm trotting it out this time. Wilson's injuries are a byproduct of him extending plays. The first injury, which was borderline the fault of the OL, was on the two guys you named as being worth keeping.

This entire OL has held up well against a murderer's row of defensive lines before the bye. Glowinski and Gilliam are alternating between rough plays and flat-out kicking ass. They need time, not to be cut.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
McGruff":11hvpc1l said:
Bottom line is, aside from LT, this is a draft where we can look at BPA and projecting future needs. The last few years we haven't had that luxury. This year we do. Only one starter is not under contract, and he's easily replacable (Sowell).
+1. It's nice that, given the starters and depth, there really is no one glaring immediate need besides (depending the projected potential of Fant) at LT.

Go BPA.

bighawk

Reaction score
OLB, LT, DE, RB. I like Michael but Rawls injury worries me. I think Odihambo has potential at tackle. We are loaded at DT with Reed and Rubin. A stud young defensive end to learn from Avril and Bennett. I hope KPL is the answer at Sam linebacker. BPA wherever we draft.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1pn6ga1j said:
Not sure if anyone noticed, but we are paper thin when it comes to LB depth...

If KJ or Bobby go down, we are in a world of hurt.
Yeah I agree, LB, RB, a D end if good value is available. Rob and a few others don't like the tackle class this year so it might be hard to get a quality LT.

sdog1981

Reaction score
DE, RB, DB Your team can never be too deep along the Dline and secondary.