Offensive holding

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Was it me or did it seem like most of those holds would go uncalled in any other game?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Trrrroy":13ctz03v said:
Was it me or did it seem like most of those holds would go uncalled in any other game?

You mean like the ones AZ didn't get called for?

That game reaked of the officials having a game plan. They had a microscope on our offensive line and blinders on AZ's.

Every good play was either called back or if a first down was made then the next series was penalized.

Go watch the last TNF in Seattle against AZ it was the same thing. Only difference was when AZ got a 2 TD lead they let us play. Until we caught up again and then the flags came out again.

Games like these are hard to watch. It's tough enough trying to beat a team like AZ but to do it without the ability to move the ball on offense is nearly impossible.

The difference between regular play and OT was one simple thing. The officials finally let them play.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I'd be more pissed off about the overt one-sided penalty calling if our offense had shown anything remotely close to competence last night.

The officiating was terrible but our offense was even worse.

Ozzy

Reaction score
There were a couple that were borderline but when you get beat that bad and that often you put the refs in a tough spot. Play better and you don't have to worry about it. Hard for me to blame the refs here.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Anyone notice the head referee calling obvious incorrect things twice throughout the game. It was as if his calls were pre-meditated. Some of things he said were not even slightly related to the play.

I will say every single big play was called back due to holding. The PI on Lane was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

I do agree with the previous posts about if the offense had shown anything it wouldn't have mattered.

Rough game.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I agree that there were many ticky tack, or even borderline non-existent penalties called against the Seahawks in that game.

However, there were also loads of very makeable plays where we failed to pick up even 3 or 4 yds on 2nd or 3rd down that either killed drives or led to 3rd and longs.

In my opinion it was this failure to execute that was worse than the officiating.

Unlike SBXL, I don't believe that this officiating directly determined the result of the game.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
What about trying to give AZ the first down when they were a yard short?

Our offense did suck, but why should that make lousy work fro the zebras less offensive? Are you saying that because of our offense doing badly then it's OK, but had we lit it up, then it would not be? What kind of bizarre standard is that? Bad officiating is bad, regardless of team performance. :141847_bnono:

I am really beginning to wonder if officials are being directed to try and steer games, the officiating has gotten so bad of late. They want AZ and Seattle battling for the west, like the preseason narrative suggested.

It always seems they want Patriot, Cowboy, Stealer and Packer success. Really makes me suspicious.

lukerguy

Reaction score
We were at the game and it sure seemed like there was something afoot amongst the officials. I saw Bennett and Avril complaining with passion on 3-4 different occasions. One Avril almost got flagged for.

It seemed like every drive, literally every drive we had a major penalty on.

I would assume the shield would understand how unwatchable this makes a game.

Laloosh

Reaction score
^^ that first down call was so bad, lol. He was literally trying to overrule the ref that was spotting them short.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Yeah that was weird. He ran from behind the play and would have no clue if it was a first down or not so strange that he tried to overrule everyone. I wish we could ask officials why they do some of the things they do.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No, those were some pretty obvious holding penalties.

What last night proved was that when the offense halfway executes and keeps the defense guessing because it's 2nd or 3rd and short, it can be successful..............but when they don't execute and allow good defenses to pin their ears back and run past our terrible tackles? We've got no chance.

rawkhawk

Reaction score
As I was watching the head ref and and a judge talking, the judge says I didn't see anything, and the ref then pulled the reason why right outta his butt - holding. I'm like wtf? anybody else see that?

Laloosh

Reaction score
rawkhawk":2tsyr1ec said:
As I was watching the head ref and and a judge talking, the judge says I didn't see anything, and the ref then pulled the reason why right outta his butt - holding. I'm like wtf? anybody else see that?

One of those deliberations was really odd to watch. They all looked confused about what the call was, yet there were flags on the ground.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
We knew this was gonna happen. We "got away with one" against ATL remember? They edited the damn footage in their mic'ed up special for Christ's sake. The NFL was pissed at us and we paid the price. We had a microscope on us all night. Ticky tacky holding calls all night while their O line was mugging Bennett and co from the first snap. Not to mention repeated helmet to helmets that didn't get called.

On the bright side, we didn't lose. We beat AZ at home later this year and we win the division. That's nice.