Tom Cable

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
No, I am not overreacting and saying he should be fired but the Seahawks can't pass block or run the ball.

Can't win in the playoffs with our current running game.

sdog1981

Reaction score
He should be kept as an anti-scout. Tom Cable gives the team a list of players he likes and then the Seahawks will know thoes players are complete trash.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I've held out a long time, but I've run out of reasons to defend Cable. His patchwork O-line project is worse than it's even been. Whatever his philosophy is, it's not working.

His last defense is that I've heard he's the mind behind our once-vaunted halftime adjustments, but even those haven't been very effective lately.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Have to quit giving him his players if that's truly what happens. A third round pick was a healthy scratch with the line being a mess. Think about that for a minute.

OP
OP
SeahawksFanForever

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
austinslater25":3438i5sh said:
Have to quit giving him his players if that's truly what happens. A third round pick was a healthy scratch with the line being a mess. Think about that for a minute.

Agreed. What's up with Rees Odhiambo? 3rd round pick is pretty high. It feels wasted right now. Hopefully he can prove us wrong.

sdog1981

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2kjsg9vk said:
austinslater25":2kjsg9vk said:

Agreed. What's up with Rees Odhiambo? 3rd round pick is pretty high. It feels wasted right now. Hopefully he can prove us wrong.

How many more draft picks must be wasted on his coaching. The current count is 13

sdog1981

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":evszzqak said:
Yeah, hear is a pile of crap now turn it into gold.

How many 1st 2nd and 3rd rounders has he had? When you look it up you should update your post.

ivotuk

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":1gdu6tny said:
austinslater25":1gdu6tny said:

Rees is a very good player who had some injuries. I don't think he's completely healthy yet.

HawkerD

Reaction score
sdog1981":x3d88rko said:
seahawkfreak":x3d88rko said:

How many 1st 2nd and 3rd rounders has he had? When you look it up you should update your post.
Britt. Carp. Ifedi. Ohdeimbo. Isn't that enough?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
sdog1981":26vpi6le said:
seahawkfreak":26vpi6le said:

Look, Seattle absolutely refuses to pay for lineman. It is quoted and a fact. I'm not saying it is right but I do believe Cable is charged with makin chicken soup.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I thought the line held up pretty well considering we passed all night long(Fant was hardly noticed which is a good thing). In fact all the help on pass blocking was going to Gilliam not Fant which I thought was telling. Run blocking is another story.

Maulbert

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3dtmsnn1 said:
sdog1981":3dtmsnn1 said:
seahawkfreak":3dtmsnn1 said:

Look, Seattle absolutely refuses to pay for lineman. It is quoted and a fact. I'm not saying it is right but I do believe Cable is charged with makin chicken soup.

We get Cable the guys he wants. You tell me one lineman worth paying since he became OL coach besides Unger, who was on the team when Cable was hired.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Maulbert":2p99kihj said:
seahawkfreak":2p99kihj said:
sdog1981":2p99kihj said:
seahawkfreak":2p99kihj said:

We get Cable the guys he wants. You tell me one lineman worth paying since he became OL coach besides Unger, who was on the team when Cable was hired.

Within reason. We do not know what Cable wants on draft day and JS says, he is not worth that. Maybe Ifedi was a Cable pick and John said ok you can have that. How many Free agents has Cable been refused? We do not know.

What I do know is that the Seahawks spend the least on the OL in the league and it shows.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":1sy47tie said:
No, I am not overreacting and saying he should be fired but the Seahawks can't pass block or run the ball.

Can't win in the playoffs with our current running game.

They passed blocked significantly better than weeks past.

They are probably the worst in the league at run blocking.

Changes have been made.

rjdriver

Reaction score
HawkerD":1waxwyii said:
sdog1981":1waxwyii said:
seahawkfreak":1waxwyii said:

Britt. Carp. Ifedi. Ohdeimbo. Isn't that enough?

No, let's add Moffitt to that list as well.

Seafan

Reaction score
The young guys are struggling with their run blocking but pass blocking was good enough. Bev/RW need to do a better job with the passing game and spreading it out should help with the run game.

bighawk

Reaction score
We need more girth inside of the oline and more weight lifting. Our guys are getting blown off the line which is inexcusable. I like Fant and his upside but Gilliam should be replaced with ORees or Webb.