For all the sky is falling guys

Ozzy

Reaction score
This is still a very good team. I was shocked to see so many people completely give up on this team. Could they lose in the first round of the playoffs? Sure. Could they win the whole thing? Hell yeah and neither would surprise me at this point. This is still a very talented team and I loved the character we saw last night and how they fought til the end. I'm worried about the same things everyone else is but every team in the NFC is battling their own terrible play at times. Season isn't over and I think this team surprises us in what has been a very strange year. It's only going to get weirder and I have a feeling they play better in the playoffs. Just a hunch.

Joygazm

Reaction score
austinslater25":2c3smtmu said:
This is still a very good team. I was shocked to see so many people completely give up on this team. Could they lose in the first round of the playoffs? Sure. Could they win the whole thing? Hell yeah and neither would surprise me at this point. This is still a very talented team and I loved the character we saw last night and how they fought til the end. I'm worried about the same things everyone else is but every team in the NFC is battling their own terrible play at times. Season isn't over and I think this team surprises us in what has been a very strange year. It's only going to get weirder and I have a feeling they play better in the playoffs. Just a hunch.

I agree

We won the Division, and still have a shot at the #2 Seed in the NFC, anyone who feels this is a terrible team is going off emotions. We have weaknesses, welcome to team sports people.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I with you guys. Problems? Yes. They also play hard for each other and you could see that Lockett going down fired them up. There's a lotta love and respect on this team, not to mention talent.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
It's been a frustrating year for me too but it was cool watching them respond to the Lockett situation.

SC just noticed your signature.....love it lol.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
We aren't perfect, there isn't a team out there right now that is. We have some major issues, but I still love this team. Things have not gone the way I have envisioned, but that is mostly due to injuries by key players on the team. I hope they can get things figured out, but if they can't, oh well it is on to next year, and hope that we get people back healthy, and have a great draft. I still believe in this team, warts and all.

Seymour

Reaction score
austinslater25":hj2ectlj said:
It's been a frustrating year for me too but it was cool watching them respond to the Lockett situation.

You mean Lockett busting his leg in half getting to the one YL, then the offense having 4 shots at the TD and coming away with ZERO points? Pathetic response IMO. Later they rallied but that is the epitome of insult to injury there.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
Well I'm talking about Pete, Doug, Russell coming over and praying over him, encouraging me etc. Also seeing Baldwin in tears after the TD was pretty cool. Finishing with 31 pts and putting themselves in a position to win was also nice. Enjoy your Christmas and smile a little bit.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Seymour":22bgc8cg said:
austinslater25":22bgc8cg said:

You mean Lockett busting his leg in half getting to the one YL, then the offense having 4 shots at the TD and coming away with ZERO points? Pathetic response IMO. Later they rallied but that is the epitome on insult to injury there.

Yes that was exactly what he meant, thanks for the input. Love how we have to have negativity added to what was supposed to be a positive thread. Isn't there 100+ other threads that you could habitate in?

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
We are still a very good team. Do we have things to work on? DEFINITELY. Is this team going in the crapper? No way. We are having a down year. If a down year is a 10 win season then I will take it. As far as this season we are in playoffs. We astill can get 2 seed and we can still win it all. Should we be confident it is going to happen. Not as much. But as other teams have proven you may get there but it may not be pretty (Giants).

I think we need to start thinking of this team as a different one than the one that won the Super Bowl. We only have 15 players remaining from that team. We have the talent it is just a matter of putting it together.

RussB

Reaction score
They can still win. But they are way too inconsistent, there is no consistency at all with this team. They were supposed to destroy this cards team and the fact that it was even competetive is a huge negative. The cards suck this year and great teams are supposed to destroy sucky teams. Thing is hawks keep taking L's against these kinds of teams thats not a good recipe at all.

They also gave up 34 points at home and choked the game away in the final minute on D. The thing that to me is the worst about them is that they arent getting hot while the playoffs near they are actually getting worse.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
This team is only good in the second half of games they Take that you can't win in the first quarter crap too literally! If they play like they do in the 4 th quarter for most of the games we are a much different team . The problem is that we seem to think that we are some juggernaut team and believe that ! and we aren't! Got a head case for a kicker now who WILL miss more cause it's sooooo in his head renting space. Got a bargain basement shoppers OLINE to protect our bazillion dollar QB who has accuracy problems of late .Got an OC who flat out refuse to use Jimmy Graham properly or at all for some reason . And we got an overrated D that's ridden the accolades of the past! I'm not sold on a " very good team" I'd say we are just about adverage may a tiny bit above good but no where's near great

Wartooth

Reaction score
At the end of the day, win or lose, it's just football...
Did anyone's life change dramatically when they won the Super Bowl?
Mine didn't, still got up the next day and went to work, paid my bills.
Your fandom should not be who you are, it should not define you.
It's just football, a game, entertainment...
Letting it become more than that, is foolish.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Wartooth":27dtpibm said:
Valid point

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Wartooth":3bttpagw said:
Yeah I get that. but also you can't extinguish the passion that some have with logic . It just can't be done football is a game of emotion and some emotions are not logical for players and most definitely Fans. I do agree in some go over board but if a loss doesn't sting or hurt a bit then maybe they don't have a pulse or really not competitive. IMHO it should sting lets you know you give a flip.

getnasty

Reaction score
austinslater25":27m84ljj said:

Good post

sdog1981

Reaction score
The Cards will be the last elite front 7 they play until the Superbowl vs the Raiders. So I also feel this team can go far. Only the Rams and the Cards make this team look this bad.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
sdog1981":25up83ak said:
The Cards will be the last elite front 7 they play until the Superbowl vs the Raiders. So I also feel this team can go far. Only the Rams and the Cards make this team look this bad.

If the Derek Carr-less Raiders make the super bowl you'll look a genius.

sdog1981

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":13fikf7w said:
sdog1981":13fikf7w said:

If the Derek Carr-less Raiders make the super bowl you'll look a genius.

I totally forgot he got hurt too yesterday. Add the Matt Stafford injury to the list and this team might never see an elite pass rusher again this season.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
With this new Christmas Seahawks toque things are really looking up.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
getnasty":67ndfx6v said:
austinslater25":67ndfx6v said:

Good post
Yes it is .. :2thumbs: