Preseason standouts

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Chris Carson
Kasen Williams
Naz Jones
Frank Clark

Carson looks like the steal of the draft, and RB DT and WR were all positions of need coming into this season.

Steve2222

Reaction score
The OL as a whole has looked serviceable this preseason compared to last years preseason. Serviceable is a huge upgrade from last years dumpster fire.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":3knejy6q said:
Blow looked good tonight.
Totally give him a Blair job.

That wouldn't be funny even if I was Pehawk.

Ok, maybe a little

xStickybudz

Reaction score
I mean Chris Carson was lights out again, didn't see much of kasen today

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I guess i'm not putting a lot of stock into this final preseason game there played with backups and are usually very sloppy ugly games . I wouldn't be making any final decisions based on the final preseason game where none of the starters play. I'd be looking at training camp and preseason in totality.

Polk738

Reaction score
Chris Carson, seriously if this guy doesn't make it ahead of Alex Collins then I've lost all faith in the front office

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Polk738":2917tfvw said:
Chris Carson, seriously if this guy doesn't make it ahead of Alex Collins then I've lost all faith in the front office

He's a lock and will get playing time this year . Carson reminds me of AP .

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Polk738":1luwuklb said:

I understand ANY AND EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE...But I just don't see it happening, barring outside circumstances beyond team control. They deserve hell and fury from every fan alive until they are all gone if that happens. This one is about as sure as it gets.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Additional standouts:

Sherman -- he just destroyed the receiver in the first half with one of the nicest tackles I've seen from him.
ET -- if he didn't apply the hit himself, he's is almost always at the tackle pile to make sure the job's done.
K.J. Wright -- establishing himself as a guy you absolutely do NOT want to meet if you have the ball. Has added some size this year and looks like a beast.
Kearse -- looking great this preseason.
Wilson -- if he plays like this all season long, he'll easily break his prior total yards passing by a few hundred.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Ruminator":3tajduzq said:
Additional standouts:

Sherman -- he just destroyed the receiver in the first half with one of the nicest tackles I've seen from him.
ET -- if he didn't apply the hit himself, he's is almost always at the tackle pile to make sure the job's done.
K.J. Wright -- establishing himself as a guy you absolutely do NOT want to meet if you have the ball. Has added some size this year and looks like a beast.
Wilson -- if he plays like this all season long, he'll easily break his prior total yards passing by a few hundred.

Not to pile on Kearse too much but great? Outside of 2 nice catches last night, far from great. That whiff on the kickoff return was not great. He looks improved from last year but that's not saying much. If he gets less targets, cuts down on the OPI, and remains a solid blocker this season, I'll be happy.

Back on topic, I think Lane looked solid yesterday.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Not sure of the spelling but McKissick has played fairly well. His versatility is an asset.

Steve2222

Reaction score
dutchcoug":lfhk8k2p said:
Ruminator":lfhk8k2p said:
Additional standouts:

Not to pile on Kearse too much but great? Outside of 2 nice catches last night, far from great. That whiff on the kickoff return was not great. He looks improved from last year but that's not saying much. If he gets less targets, cuts down on the OPI, and remains a solid blocker this season, I'll be happy.

Back on topic, I think Lane looked solid yesterday.

Also KJ got ran over by Kareem Hunt on play as well last night

Reaction score
Lots to be happy about! Our depth looks legit and I haven't seen ET hit this hard ever a while he is absolutely crushing people. He is hitting people like he Gronk last year just sticking dudes. Lot of times he would bounce off people now he is putting the hammer down. If he can maintain his health this year hitting like he has been look out. Carson and Williams are looking great this preseason very excited about those two moving forward. Rookie Jones is look good too and the line is looking ok its not up to speed yet but better than anything I saw last year.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3c3wj5d7 said:
Chris Carson
Kasen Williams
Naz Jones
Frank Clark

Carson looks like the steal of the draft, and RB DT and WR were all positions of need coming into this season.

I was just wondering if it's a bad thing that the best draft pick from this year appears to be the 7th round pick.

sutz

Reaction score
HawkGA":3bqepng5 said:
Northwest Seahawk":3bqepng5 said:
Chris Carson
Kasen Williams
Naz Jones
Frank Clark

I was just wondering if it's a bad thing that the best draft pick from this year appears to be the 7th round pick.
People tend to overemphasize the importance of high draft picks at times.

With Carson, it looks like we'll have a damn good RB for several years on the cheap. That's a good thing. ;)

HawkGA

Reaction score
sutz":afcf7av0 said:
HawkGA":afcf7av0 said:
Northwest Seahawk":afcf7av0 said:
Chris Carson
Kasen Williams
Naz Jones
Frank Clark

People tend to overemphasize the importance of high draft picks at times.

With Carson, it looks like we'll have a damn good RB for several years on the cheap. That's a good thing. ;)

I meant to say something more along the lines of "is it a bad thing or is it awesome" but I left out the last part.

I think the fact there should be several contributors this year (Pocic maybe, Griffin, and Naz plus Carson) and it's a decent draft. The fact the 7th rounder could be the best of that bunch is just kind of quirky. Cool, but quirky.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Does it really matter what round a guy comes from? Especially on a team that has had ridiculous success with mid to late rounds, let alone undrafted guys. I just want the best players on the field, regardless what round they came from.

RussB

Reaction score
O line looks fairly decent once fant hasnt been starting.

Chris carson looks like a steal

kasen williams looks nice

Shaq griffin is better than lane

But its all just presseason we have to see this once the regular season starts.