Start Chris Carson

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I've seen enough of this group of RB's to make this declaration, start Carson.

He's EXACTLY the kind of Terrell Davis/David Johnson physical one cut quick to the hole back this offense needs. He's elusive when he needs to be, he also has no problem running over somebody........and he's great at catching the ball. What else do you want?

I ain't got time to watch 5-6 weeks of Rawls/Lacy/Prosise under performing and/or getting hurt before we finally start Carson.

Have the balls Pete to make the call now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Amazingly enough, it's not far fetched to say he has been the most impressive so far.
There is so much time spent pointing out BAD draft picks from this team. It's time to give some major props to the FO for finding this guy in the 7th Round.

Hendo66

Reaction score
I'm in. Also looks like he can block.

This RB crew of Rawls/Lacy/Prosise looks pretty sketchy to say the least.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hendo66":2f4dwk6t said:

Im on the fence. One side of me says we ALWAYS see a preseason hero, whether or not it's real I guess is the coachs job to determine.

We have Lacy with a big contract, but only 1 year. Then we have the injury twins with Rawls and Prosise....im not sure what to do with that RB room right now.

All I know is we cant cut Carson cause he'd get scooped up immediately..

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gowazzu02":34v9jybc said:
Hendo66":34v9jybc said:

Im on the fence. One side of me says we ALWAYS see a preseason hero, whether or not it's real I guess is the coachs job to determine. ..

Russell was a pre-season hero, Clark was a pre-season hero. You know it when you see it.

I know the difference between a 4th quarter pre-season hero who comes in and destroys the other team's 3rd and 4th stringers and someone like Carson who's done it with the 1's against three of the best defenses in the league now three straight weeks..........and he's done it all. Block, run and catch.

That's enough for me. Lacy's done nothing and Rawls and Prosise can't even stay on the field.

drcool

Reaction score
With those 4 (assuming all are healthy) I don't necessarily think there is a wrong option. Carson has looked great so far but Lacy, Rawls, and Prosise have all had similar flashes over the past couple years. I think the starter will change week to week depending on the defense (i.e. if the defense gives up a lot of receptions to the back maybe go with Prosise) but in any given game I think any of these guys could be the 15-20 touch guy and the others fight for the leftovers.

That said, Carson has looked great so far and I would have no problem seeing him start the first game.

Rat

Reaction score
I wouldn't start him yet, but he has looked well enough to avoid being a regular on the inactive list.

Carson has looked great in preseason action, but Rawls has shown All-Pro stuff against regular season competition, and he's still the guy I'd like to see us feed most, at least for now. With his injury history, being able to mix in Lacy/Prosise/Carson should be a great benefit. There's only so many carries to go around, but the cream usually rises to the top. I still think our guy is Rawls.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I agree. It will be interesting to see what he does in real games when the defense is really bringing it. In pre-season, the 1s, who are secure in their spots, aren't bringing their a-game (just look at our 1s so far). The backups are backups.

Considering all that, Carson isn't just another Pope, pre-season wonder. He really seems to be the real deal, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him do what Rawls was doing before his big injury, and make Lacy and Rawls expendable. I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see a Lacy trade before year end.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rat":1jkbht14 said:
I wouldn't start him yet, but he has looked well enough to avoid being a regular on the inactive list.

Carson has looked great in preseason action, but Rawls has shown All-Pro stuff against regular season competition, and he's still the guy I'd like to see us feed most, at least for now. With his injury history, being able to mix in Lacy/Prosise/Carson should be a great benefit. There's only so many carries to go around, but the cream usually rises to the top. I still think our guy is Rawls.

I would have agreed with you last year.

But Rawls hasn't shown the ability to stay on the field or when healthy to do what he's suppose to. Even last year when healthy he over ran his cut back lanes, missed blocks and needlessly ran into contact and got dinged up.

I love the guy, he plays football the way you're suppose to play football. But three years is enough of a sample size for me to put take a chance on Carson right now.

Go into the season with the hot back, not wait 5-6 weeks to see if Rawls and/or Lacy can have success. We have too many important games in the first two months to have the run game sputter.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, can't contribute on the field if you're always injured. Gotta' go w/Lacy and Collins at this point. Hopefully they are just being extra careful with Rawls and Procise, but damn......

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3lxb22z5 said:
gowazzu02":3lxb22z5 said:
Hendo66":3lxb22z5 said:

Im on the fence. One side of me says we ALWAYS see a preseason hero, whether or not it's real I guess is the coachs job to determine. ..

Russell was a pre-season hero, Clark was a pre-season hero. You know it when you see it.

I know the difference between a 4th quarter pre-season hero who comes in and destroys the other team's 3rd and 4th stringers and someone like Carson who's done it with the 1's against three of the best defenses in the league now three straight weeks..........and he's done it all. Block, run and catch.

That's enough for me. Lacy's done nothing and Rawls and Prosise can't even stay on the field.

Chris Carson is the perfect example of a "You Know It When You See It" star on the rise.
We all knew it when Russell Wilson made his splashy debut.
I still maintain that we will go with the RBBC, but after seeing what Carson brings to the Offense, I'm hoping that he gets the lions share of the carries, followed up with a few hammerings by Lacey & Co.
Chris Carson and Kasen Williams have both shown some outstanding play. :2thumbs:

iigakusei

Reaction score
I would start Lacy week 1 (I am a big fan of the former team revenge angle) but would have no problem going to Carson if Lacy struggles.
If all 4 backs can stay healthy (a big if) getting them all playing time will be tough.
What a problem to have.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I definitely want him to get some regular season touches, and he certainly will, but I see no real reason to rush him into the feature back role.

I trust the Seahawks coaching staff when he comes to development. It is totally their strength. They'll hand the reigns over when he's ready.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Rawls was ahead of Lacy on the depth chart last time he was signed. Between him and Carson, I don't think Lacy sees much action at all beyond some early short-yardage stuff.

Prosise is going to see action inevitably as a WR hybrid. Assuming, of course, he can get on the field. WR action might also be how Carson gets on, given that he's already shown he can chip-then-release, and can handle stuff split out wide. We've got as many options as last years' Falcons now. I just hope Bevell knows what to do with them.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
iigakusei":1t94podx said:
I would start Lacy week 1 (I am a big fan of the former team revenge angle) but would have no problem going to Carson if Lacy struggles.
If all 4 backs can stay healthy (a big if) getting them all playing time will be tough.
What a problem to have.

It is a good problem, but for a team that wants to run the ball as much as we do, I'm not a fan of RBBC.

I want that bell cow back handling 75% of the load.........and IMO that back is Carson. Having 3-4 backs splitting carries, especially 3-4 backs of varied running styles is not a good way to hit your stride in the run game.

Makes it very hard on your QB and especially your O-line, and the backs. They need the touches to get into rhythm.

So I'm not cool with Rawls, Lacy, Prosise and now Carson splitting carries equally. Name someone and that's the RB.

Jville

Reaction score
There is enough variation among these backs to exploit week to week match up opportunities. The challenge will be to get everyone enough snaps to keep progressing ..... i.e. developing.

hawk45

Reaction score
Co-signed. Carson is the first back we've had who really does the "one-cut" thing. I thought of Terrell Davis as well, although certainly not assuming that level of success.
An impatient Rawls on the bench isn't bad either. Lacy would have been serviceable if not for Carson. If Lacy doesn't see a ton of carries he might head back to the buffet, so be it.
Prosise is our Percy Harvin in terms of the best you can do is bubble wrap him for a playoff run and even then don't break him out until the nfcc if you can engineer it. Divisional round earliest unless you find yourself playing keep up with Atlanta on wild card weekend.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Definitely start him. He's been near perfect this PS and looks to be RW's most reliable asset out of the backfield. He's available, is our best pass blocker, has good hands and makes great adjustments for passes, and so far has been the best we have at negating poor run blocking.

I don't care who has done what before. This is right now, this season, and he's the best overall back on the roster.