Start Chris Carson

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Blaze808":slckjrlx said:
Its nice to have options.

I think that is a good way of looking at it. We have a ton of options and honestly we don't have to run the same guy out there all the time.

It feels nice to be stacked at the RB position and having to ponder out of 4 different RB's what is the best combination to use them because they are all good.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":38aqhvmp said:
Sgt. Largent":38aqhvmp said:
bigskydoc":38aqhvmp said:
So, for those who agree that Carson is the real deal, what would you think of trading Lacy to Kansas City for Cam Thomas or Jarvis Jenkins?

I'd be down for either of these in a Lacy trade.

Not sure you'd do this if you're KC, not for a back like Lacy that stunk last year and hasn't shown anything in the pre-season this year. I'd imagine there are better RB trade options than Lacy.

But from our side? Heck yeah.

Really?

1) Lacy got injured last year and before his season ending injury he was averaging 5.1 ypc. Can you please address how 5.1ypc = stunk last year?

2) He has had limited carries and he is coming back from that injury. You are crazy to judge someone from preseason for a number of reasons. Maybe Kasen should be our WR#1? lol

I realize we all just give opinions here....but at least have some truth or fact to your statements.

Season ended after 5 games with zero TD's, how's that for stats. 2015 he was even worse. How's that for facts.

All I said was if you're KC, I'd go in a dozen different directions before I picked up a guy who hasn't played well for over two years and is coming off a season ending serious injury, and hasn't shown ANYTHING this year yet that'd lead you to believe he's back in any way shape or form.

I love how fans can't see through their Seahawk colored glasses. Players come here and all of a sudden they're the most valuable trade bait there is in the league.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Jville":5cepwvey said:
Two questions.

#1 Why hijack this thread?

#2 Why the nonsense about replacing a prospect who couldn't show up on time for training camp and has yet to practice a single snap?

1 - It wasn't a hijack, it was clarification of the question I posed in my prior post. The question being, are the people that feel that Carson should start convinced enough to take the gamble of trading Lacy to address another position of need? I used the specific example of an area of need. Namely, the apparent loss of McDowell.

2 - We drafted McDowell specifically to address an issue with our interior D-line. It has been widely reported that McDowell's injury puts in doubt his availability for any of the season. Certainly with no training camp or preseason under his belt, his contribution would be limited at most. I think it is pretty obvious to anyone who has watched more than a couple of seasons of NFL football that, for all intents and purposes, he is out for the season.

3 - I haven't heard any official announcements about McDowell.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/902260772834762752[/tweet]

I'm thinking they are both feeling motivated to get back into action. :lol:

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2br62fte said:
ImTheScientist":2br62fte said:
Sgt. Largent":2br62fte said:
bigskydoc":2br62fte said:
So, for those who agree that Carson is the real deal, what would you think of trading Lacy to Kansas City for Cam Thomas or Jarvis Jenkins?

I'd be down for either of these in a Lacy trade.

Not sure you'd do this if you're KC, not for a back like Lacy that stunk last year and hasn't shown anything in the pre-season this year. I'd imagine there are better RB trade options than Lacy.

But from our side? Heck yeah.

Really?

1) Lacy got injured last year and before his season ending injury he was averaging 5.1 ypc. Can you please address how 5.1ypc = stunk last year?

2) He has had limited carries and he is coming back from that injury. You are crazy to judge someone from preseason for a number of reasons. Maybe Kasen should be our WR#1? lol

I realize we all just give opinions here....but at least have some truth or fact to your statements.

Season ended after 5 games with zero TD's, how's that for stats. 2015 he was even worse. How's that for facts.

All I said was if you're KC, I'd go in a dozen different directions before I picked up a guy who hasn't played well for over two years and is coming off a season ending serious injury, and hasn't shown ANYTHING this year yet that'd lead you to believe he's back in any way shape or form.

I love how fans can't see through their Seahawk colored glasses. Players come here and all of a sudden they're the most valuable trade bait there is in the league.

I love switch and bait tactic. Means you were wrong.

chris98251

Reaction score
We don't need to trade for anyone at this point, there are going to be starters cut by Saturday that can fill needs, a lot of players are getting Pink Slips after Thursday.

After the cuts and evaluation of any F.A. that they bring in is when if there is a glaring need we see a possible trade of someone.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":10xncnf2 said:

Psst, It's "Bait and Switch." Kinda important which order you put the words.

Rat

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3bpo6jvv said:
ImTheScientist":3bpo6jvv said:

Psst, It's "Bait and Switch." Kinda important which order you put the words.

Is it herring red or red herring?

Aircrew

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ozc3abyc said:
I've seen enough of this group of RB's to make this declaration, start Carson.

He's EXACTLY the kind of Terrell Davis/David Johnson physical one cut quick to the hole back this offense needs. He's elusive when he needs to be, he also has no problem running over somebody........and he's great at catching the ball. What else do you want?

I ain't got time to watch 5-6 weeks of Rawls/Lacy/Prosise under performing and/or getting hurt before we finally start Carson.

Have the balls Pete to make the call now.

Agree, 100%.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":3vjq1jya said:
Fudwamper":3vjq1jya said:
Start Carson over Rawls ? Not while he is healthy

I would be shocked. Carson is good and does need to get some carries and can help split the load. He has no where near the explosion of both Rawls or Prosise. If Rawls or Prosise can play they do, with carson backing up Rawls and complementing Prosise. Its great that so far he has shown he can play in training camp and preseason. Carson makes a hell of a back up role player. I won't be surprised if he and lacey carry the load for half the season, but when Rawls is healthy he will start.

With the running backs currently on the roster, there really is no urgency to start a rookie. Patience is find by me. They will all get some snaps as the coaching staff seeks out match up advantages.

Agree.
Carson is going to get his carries to let this play out in the reg. season. There is no rush to pull Rawls from starter yet. If he is ready to go, lets see if he can carry the load and be there at seasons end.

I would like to add, with Lacy looking pretty average, it's a nice problem / question to have.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2l1zz4ql said:

Really? I suggested KC, who lost their starting back for the season, might be talked into trading a backup Cam Thomas (30-year-old, 8th-year, DT, who has been floating team to team since 2014 and has a $615,000 cap hit) or another backup Jarvis Jenkins (29-year-old, 7th-year, DT, who has been floating team to team since 2014 and has a $665,000 cap hit) for a 26-year-old Lacy and his, approximately, 1 million $697,500 transferable cap hit, and suddenly I'm wearing Seahawks colored glasses?

All three players are gambles. Lacy has more promise, and more question marks, but Thomas and Jenkins are washed up players looking to resurrect their careers. It's not like I asked if we could trade for Justin Houston, or even Bennie Logan.

The Seahawks would be paying $2.865 million of his salary while the Chiefs would be on the hook for under 700k.

edited to add the specifics on Lacy's contract numbers

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Let's just ignore the example I used. I'll put it more directly and simply.

For those of us who feel Carson should be a day-1 starter, or a day-1 second string. Are you comfortable enough with this assessment to put Lacy up for trade, assuming we can find someone to trade with, to fill a position of need?

DJrmb

Reaction score
Seymour":xw5lautw said:
Jville":xw5lautw said:
Fudwamper":xw5lautw said:
Start Carson over Rawls ? Not while he is healthy

I would be shocked. Carson is good and does need to get some carries and can help split the load. He has no where near the explosion of both Rawls or Prosise. If Rawls or Prosise can play they do, with carson backing up Rawls and complementing Prosise. Its great that so far he has shown he can play in training camp and preseason. Carson makes a hell of a back up role player. I won't be surprised if he and lacey carry the load for half the season, but when Rawls is healthy he will start.

With the running backs currently on the roster, there really is no urgency to start a rookie. Patience is find by me. They will all get some snaps as the coaching staff seeks out match up advantages.

Agree.
Carson is going to get his carries to let this play out in the reg. season. There is no rush to pull Rawls from starter yet. If he is ready to go, lets see if he can carry the load and be there at seasons end.

I would like to add, with Lacy looking pretty average, it's a nice problem / question to have.
I agree.

Also if Rawls looks good too you could potentially have a very valuable trade chip... If you just bench Rawls for Carson now Rawls has no value.

Jville

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2fnx2kx5 said:
Sgt. Largent":2fnx2kx5 said:

Really? I suggested KC, who lost their starting back for the season, might be talked into trading a backup Cam Thomas (30-year-old, 8th-year, DT, who has been floating team to team since 2014 and has a $615,000 cap hit) or another backup Jarvis Jenkins (29-year-old, 7th-year, DT, who has been floating team to team since 2014 and has a $665,000 cap hit) for a 26-year-old Lacy and his, approximately, 1 million transferable cap hit, and suddenly I'm wearing Seahawks colored glasses?

All three players are gambles. Lacy has more promise, and more question marks, but Thomas and Jenkins are washed up players looking to resurrect their careers. It's not like I asked if we could trade for Justin Houston, or even Bennie Logan.

Have you thought about starting a fresh thread to address whatever the topic is that your interested in?

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bigskydoc":jo4y2dd0 said:
Sgt. Largent":jo4y2dd0 said:

Really? I suggested KC, who lost their starting back for the season, might be talked into trading a backup Cam Thomas (30-year-old, 8th-year, DT, who has been floating team to team since 2014 and has a $615,000 cap hit) or another backup Jarvis Jenkins (29-year-old, 7th-year, DT, who has been floating team to team since 2014 and has a $665,000 cap hit) for a 26-year-old Lacy and his, approximately, 1 million $697,500 transferable cap hit, and suddenly I'm wearing Seahawks colored glasses?

The Seahawks would be paying $2.865 million of his salary while the Chiefs would be on the hook for under 700k.

edited to add the specifics on Lacy's contract numbers

I said I'd be down for your trade idea, I just don't see it from the KC side of things. My guess is after the final cutdowns there will be at least 6-10 better backs out there to sign without having to trade anyone.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Jville":2n5b1nvn said:
[

Have you thought about starting a fresh thread to address what ever the topic is your interested in?

Y'all are the ones ignoring the question I asked, that is appropriate for this thread, and focusing entirely on the fairly insignificant example I used to ask the question.

Jville

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3cds9kzl said:
Jville":3cds9kzl said:
[

Have you thought about starting a fresh thread to address what ever the topic is your interested in?

Y'all are the ones ignoring the question I asked, that is appropriate for the thread, and focusing entirely on the fairly insignificant example I used to ask the question.

Nobody is stopping you from starting a new thread about any topic or question you want to introduce. :229031_shrug: It's easy.

StoneCold

Reaction score
In the war of attrition I'm not trading anyone. I wouldn't start him, but I put him on the 53. How many backs do we usually keep? If it's 5 then mine are Rwals, Lacey, Prosise, Carson and an FB. I start with the Rawls/Lacy combo, but either will be on a short leash and Carson could/should be promoted at any poor showing by the lead dogs.

Latest posts