First game of the year. What's the situation?

Atradees

Reaction score

Seahawk's have signed Sheldon Richardson.

The Packers have signed Ahmad Brooks at linebacker.

Rodgers is always tough- especially at home.

Is the Packers D good enough to give us protection problems?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Atradees":1o34fuin said:

GB has had our number in Lambeau. We haven't won there since Holmgren's first season (1999).

Capers is in Wilson's head. He has terrible games against that defense, for some reason.

We have to get pressure on Erin or he will carve us up.

I think we need to score 28 plus to win.

getnasty

Reaction score
Just leave Brooks unblocked and let Russell put him on skates like he always does.

Jville

Reaction score
getnasty":am7l62we said:
Just leave Brooks unblocked and let Russell put him on skates like he always does.
[youtube]MoJqD_9vI34[/youtube]

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Good, good......
Looking at the enemy fan forums they have Green Bay penciled in for a loss.... the same many of the 12's seem to be thinking. Yes it's tougher to win on the road in the NFL.

Our defensive reputation scares people....

Can we generate a pass rush? Rodgers is just so good. I would like to see the state of their oline.

RW puts everybody on skates....

Hmmm.....a coach has our number?

Josea16

Reaction score
Atradees":2gnc4k6i said:

Their OL took major hits and Sheldon Richardson is on a mission. Naziar Jones is the real deal also. Sheldon Richardson is a top 10-20 DT when doesn't give a crap and top 5 when he does. Well he does now. Given it's a contract year for him and going to be playing in his correct position.

They will get serious middle pressure. This is a total pick em game. Erin should be worried if he's sane, even their fan base admits that.

Also our OL is justifiably better which will make Wilson better regardless. We are looking at a possible 14-2 or better team if the OL just performs at slightly below or at league average.

I figure if Houshka makes two chipshot field goals last year the Seahawks are 12-4 last year with a worse team that I'm not being unreasonable.

I figure it will go 24-20 Seahawks. Green Bay's OL doesn't have the horses to hold up against our DL. Sorry but middle pressure is Erin's kryptonite.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Best time of the year to play at Lambeau. Hate to say its a must-win already but this game might decide home field in the playoffs. I think our defense will play well especially with Sheldon in the mix. I agree with others that this game will be determined by how Wilson plays.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
“I’m full of hope, Tom. I’m the captain of hope.” Mike McCarthy describing the injury situation and depth on his Packers Oline.
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...s-conference-feels-great-offensive-line-depth

L Tackle
D. Bakhtiari
L Guard
L. Taylor
Center
C. Linsley
R Guard
D. Barclay
R Tackle
B. Bulaga (recent ankle injury)

The kicker did choke several times last season and it had a HUGE impact. If our protection is better we wont be kicking. Walsh can kick buuuuuuuuut......Im not sure having the leagues skinniest kicker is a benefit yet.

"Also our OL is justifiably better........" I hope we are not dealing with preseason smoke and mirrors.

Aarons Kryptonite? Sheldon!

"Give us the ball we are going to score!" Wheres Matt when you need him? (Matt would be crippled on this team)

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
WmHBonney":36uojtbz said:
TAB420":36uojtbz said:
seahawkfreak":36uojtbz said:
Atradees":36uojtbz said:
What's the situation?

Parents went away on a weeks vacation.
They left the keys to the brand new Porsche.

Sometimes you gotta say wtf....

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Josea16

Reaction score
Atradees":nr19ijd7 said:
“I’m full of hope, Tom. I’m the captain of hope.” Mike McCarthy describing the injury situation and depth on his Packers Oline.
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...s-conference-feels-great-offensive-line-depth

L Tackle
D. Bakhtiari
L Guard
L. Taylor
Center
C. Linsley
R Guard
D. Barclay
R Tackle
B. Bulaga (recent ankle injury)

The kicker did choke several times last season and it had a HUGE impact. If our protection is better we wont be kicking. Walsh can kick buuuuuuuuut......Im not sure have the leagues skinniest kicker is a benefit.

"Also our OL is justifiably better........" I hope we are not dealing with preseason smoke and mirrors.

Aarons Kryptonite? Sheldon!
1. It's better and you know it. It's not hard to be better than the utter worst you know?

2. Middle pressure is a game changer and kryptonite for ANY quarterback and Sheldon delivers that and more all the time.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3jbjscgx said:
We're gonna win but very possible we might lose...

Attachments

• heard-we-were-doing-john-madden-quotes-53684-800x503-600x377.png
    heard-we-were-doing-john-madden-quotes-53684-800x503-600x377.png
    223.7 KB · Views: 2,027

Anthony!

Reaction score
This is pretty simple if we protect Rw we win, if we don't we lose. OUR defense should hold them to 24 or less, and our offense just needs to score which means protect Wilson, pretty simple.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
"If it were not for football; we would not be playin football today"-Unknown Author

The Seahawks finished last season with a starting line of George Fant at left tackle, Mark Glowinski at left guard, Justin Britt at center, Germain Ifedi at right guard and Garry Gilliam at right tackle.

This year the Seahawks have a starting line of Rees Odhiambo, Luke Joeckel, Justin Britt, Mark Glowinski, Germain Ifedi

Only Justin Britt returns to the same position. Its a complete unknown.........

The Packers run a 3/4 defensive line:

DE Dean Lowry 2 years
NT Kenny Clark 2 Years
DT Mike Daniels 6 years
OLB Clay Matthews 9 years
ILB Jake Ryan 3 years
ILB Blake Martinez 2 years
OLB Nick Perry (ankle Injury) 6 years

The Packers defensive line doesn't seem like a bunch of world beaters.......(Ahmad Brooks should be in there somewhere)