What are our playoff clinching scenarios the next 2 weeks?

Keyhawk

Reaction score
I would think 2 wins by Seattle and either 2 losses by the Rams or the Falcons. Not sure how Detroit mixes in the picture.

PaVloVa!8

Reaction score
With us winning our last 2 games

2 lost by the Rams = We win the division

If not we need the Falcons to loose their final 2 games, and we also need the Lions to loose one too to be the 6th spot.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There's another thread with the Playoff Machine, that's a pretty cool way to plug in scenarios and see how it plays out.
As it stands, we have to win BOTH games, and have Atlanta lose BOTH of their remaining games, plus Detroit has to lose ONE. That would get us in.

Rat

Reaction score
I wouldn't bet on it happening, but both the Rams and Falcons have tough closing stretches at least. The Rams go to Tennessee this week, and then host the Niners, who have looked a lot better with Garappolo under center. The Falcons are at New Orleans this week and then host the Panthers, both good teams.

Unfortunately, even if the Falcons do lose both those games, we would still need the Lions to lose one, and their final two are at the Bengals, who are a complete joke right now, and then they host a Packers team who might be shutting down Aaron Rodgers for the year.

More improbable things have happened.

rcaido

Reaction score
Saints can go 0-2 we get in
Panther goes 0-2 we get also get in

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Basically we should all become Tampa Bay fans.

They can knock off the Panthers. Hopefully Saints beat Falcons, which means the last game of the year (Panthers vs Falcons) would mean that one of them would be guaranteed to finish 10-6 (assuming no ties).

Seattle wins next 2, Detroit drops 1 and we would be in tie breaker scenario. Hopefully with Carolina as Atlanta has tie breaker over us, but if Detroit were in the tie breaker as well im not sure how that would change the calculation?

If, on the other hand the Falcons beat the Saints, Tampa Bay would need to beat the Saints in week 16 to relegate the Saints to 10-6.

SO LETS GO BUCS!

JGreen79

Reaction score
NFC West Champs

-LA loses both games and Sea wins both games.

Wild Card - Sea has to win out in all scenarios.

-Det loss and any NFC south team loses two games.

-NO and Car loses two games

Best case Scenario for week 16
Seattle can control it's own destiny against Ari if

-Sea win
and
-Det lose
and
-Atl lose
and
-Car lose

So come Sunday morning I'm rooting for NO, TB, Cin, and Ten

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Falcons are playing the Saints and Panthers. I can definitely see them losing both of those games.

Detroit has the Bengals and Hundley led Packers. They should win both of those, but splitting ‘em to miss the playoffs seems like a very Detroit thing to do.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Any ONE of these, and we are eliminated:

1.)If falcons win tomorrow we are eliminated.

2.)if we lose tomorrow we are eliminated.

If we win and the falcons lose, we survive another week, but then next week we have even less of a statistical chance.

While there is a slight chance, statistically we are pretty much done with the Rams loss.

I hope to see us win out just because I always root for a win, but I'm not going to be a fool and think we still make the playoffs.

Rat

Reaction score
johnnyfever":13fgej62 said:
Any ONE of these, and we are eliminated:

1.)If falcons win tomorrow we are eliminated.

2.)if we lose tomorrow we are eliminated.

If we win and the falcons lose, we survive another week, but then next week we have even less of a statistical chance.

While there is a slight chance, statistically we are pretty much done with the Rams loss.

I hope to see us win out just because I always root for a win, but I'm not going to be a fool and think we still make the playoffs.

Nobody plays tomorrow. Also the Falcons winning hurts our chances badly, but wouldn't eliminate us on its own. We can still take the division if we win out and the Rams lose out and get in that way.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good teams have made the playoffs with help for decades. NFC just happens to be very good this year. I doubt ANY team gives a crap how they get in, as long as they get in. It's the whiney fans who think anything less than 16-0 is unacceptable that can't handle it.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
I have no idea who I should be rooting for right now. It seems everything will be much more clear after Sunday's games.

If the Saints lose their next two games (ATL & TB), and the Seahawks somehow win out, do the Seahawks make the playoffs? Or would we also need Detroit to lose to the Bengals?

original poster

Reaction score
hawknation2017":30ozo9k6 said:
I have no idea who I should be rooting for right now. It seems everything will be much more clear after Sunday's games.

If the Saints lose their next two games (ATL & TB), and the Seahawks somehow win out, do the Seahawks make the playoffs? Or would we also need Detroit to lose to the Bengals?

Yes.

Provided either the Panthers, Saints or Falcons lose out and the Lions lose one game (AND Seattle wins both games) we're in.

Saints face Falcons and Bucs

Falcons face Saints and Panthers

Panthers face Bucs and Falcons

IMO, Falcons are the team that could drop two.

Alternatively the Rams could lose against both the Titans and the 49ers and we're in, provided we win out. This would put us as the 4th seed as opposed to the above options getting us in to the 6th seed.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I doubt I'm the only one who had a sick feeling in the gut that the blown game vs. the Skins would haunt us in the end.
D plays out of their minds until the very last drive. Ugh.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
original poster":1znfiyoh said:
hawknation2017":1znfiyoh said:

Yes.

Provided either the Panthers, Saints or Falcons lose out and the Lions lose one game (AND Seattle wins both games) we're in.

Saints face Falcons and Bucs

Falcons face Saints and Panthers

Panthers face Bucs and Falcons

IMO, Falcons are the team that could drop two.

Alternatively the Rams could lose against both the Titans and the 49ers and we're in, provided we win out. This would put us as the 4th seed as opposed to the above options getting us in to the 6th seed.

Thank you!

:irishdrinkers:

lt seems the most important game this weekend, other than the Seahawks defeating the Cowturds, would be for Detroit to lose at Cincinnati. It's hard to imagine the Panthers losing at home to the Bucs. In my mind, that leaves us with needing either the Saints or Falcons to lose out. However the Saints/Falcons game plays out, it could come down to Saints@Bucs or Falcons at home against the Panthers.

original poster

Reaction score
You're very welcome :2thumbs:

I can't see the Bengals beating the Lions personally. They've been truly horrific this year. I'd sooner put my money on Green Bay.

It would be an incredibly 'Lions' thing to do to ruin it at the last hurdle.

Unfortunately, I think Detroit does drop one game, but I think the Panthers, Falcons and Saints will end the season 1-1 in the last two games.

original poster

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":wxb8apft said:
Well, the fact that Erin went on the IR again doesn't help at all. The Pack would have won that game.

Makes it tough, I agree.

Latest posts