Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Is Jimmy Graham still a top tier Tight End?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Top tier is guys like.

Tony Gonzalez
    Mark Bavarro
    Kellen Winslow Sr
    Zach Miller

No Graham is not close to one of them, they are a complete TE not a big WR.

Mark Bavaro was probaly the best complete TE I ever saw..
    It's no brainer that the Giants had all those 1,000 yrd rushers in his years.
    Winslow was more of a smaller JG though but faster.
    Today Gronk is top tier.

Winslow was a beast when asked to Block but had hands better then Grahams.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    scrummymustard wrote:

Tony Gonzalez
    Mark Bavarro
    Kellen Winslow Sr
    Zach Miller

You honestly believe Zach Miller belongs with the other guys? Let's at least be reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite top tier, he was heading there till he got Bevelled and Cabled, he was a All Pro coming in from Oakland, then we stopped using him as a receiver, he had it all going for him, remember the Atlanta game and that was with the same injury Bennett had but worse, if I remember his required surgery. In Oakland he was a force, why we made the trade.

Zach was never an all pro, and was never traded. He signed here as a free agent.

I think you may be getting miller and Graham confused, except for the bevelled/cabled part.
    scrummymustard
    NET Rookie

• Jimmy is a top tier tight end but not in our type offense. PC has designed our offense to be a run first offense. Jimmy was put in a situation where he may or may not was expected to block. If our run game was better perhaps we could have used him more between the 20s. In NO it was more of a passing offense. He fit in great. Yes he caught a lot of passes this year. I suspect with a good running game and his ability to block he would have even a better year. He made up for our lack of a run game but he was not enough. Someone will grab him if we do not keep him. I would like to see a tight end that block and catch. Our TEs are ok but they are obviously not Witten, Gronk, Gates, or Olsen.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran

• scrummymustard wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    scrummymustard wrote:

Tony Gonzalez
    Mark Bavarro
    Kellen Winslow Sr
    Zach Miller

You honestly believe Zach Miller belongs with the other guys? Let's at least be reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite top tier, he was heading there till he got Bevelled and Cabled, he was a All Pro coming in from Oakland, then we stopped using him as a receiver, he had it all going for him, remember the Atlanta game and that was with the same injury Bennett had but worse, if I remember his required surgery. In Oakland he was a force, why we made the trade.

Zach was never an all pro, and was never traded. He signed here as a free agent.

I think you may be getting miller and Graham confused, except for the bevelled/cabled part.

Yes I stand corrected he was a Miller was added to the AFC 2011 Pro Bowl roster after Antonio Gates withdrew due to injury and was a FA.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• As I said above I want him gone. We’ve seen his game and know he doesn’t fit. He’s not a horse that can carry a team but rather a specialty piece.

He is still an exceptional receiving TE, but he can’t block and is easily taken out of games by opponents hitting him. So to me he’s not an elite TE, b/c he can’t block, and doesn’t want to block. He’d be a phenom and force of nature if he could hit take a hit and still catch. Opponents know this and they try to light him up. In the past the Hawks took him out of the New Orleans playoff game when he was “The Jimmy” by thumping him hard whenever they could, and Jimmy became invisible. The Seahawks need more from a TE not just a a player who only shows up in the red zone but can be muscled out. Without him blocking the O is playing with weak edge blocking when they run which sure doesn’t help much and makes the O more predictable/defensible.

Frankly it’s sad that our former OC took 3 seasons to figure out how to use his exceptional receiving ability and size and length in the red zone. Another OC may use him better to take advantage of his length with an OLine that can block. He still is mostly unusable between the 20’s and when hit enough develops alligator arms. I want some other team to overpay for him. He’s a poor fit for our team. Think we’d do better with Willson and the mostly under utilized Vannett.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Here is a write up on Smythe from Rob at SDB

Durham Smythe (TE, Notre Dame)
    Widely considered the best ‘Y’ tight end in the draft, Smythe’s blocking will appeal to many teams. College football just isn’t producing many traditional TE’s any more. For teams determined to run the ball and feature their tight end as a blocker, Smythe is a collectors item. Zierlein suggests he plays ‘like an offensive linemen’ in his blurb. He also had a terrific Senior Bowl, showing he’s much more than a mere blocker. Former four-star recruit.

Why would the Seahawks be interested?
    Seattle gushed about Nick Vannett’s blocking ability when they drafted him in 2016. Clearly this has been a point of focus. With Jimmy Graham’s days in Seattle seemingly numbered, getting a player who could be Zach Miller-lite in the future could be appealing. The only concern? He has great size but short 31 1/2 inch arms.

SDB projection: Rounds 3-4
    NFL.com projection: Round 4

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

• I think Jimmy is still a good TE, but he is a descending player. There are at least three TE (Gronk, Kelce, Ertz) I would take over him without a second thought and some others that I would give consideration depending on the scheme.

Gronk, Kelce, Ertz can go to any team and make an impact, Jimmy can't.

He doesn't fit with the Seahawks in scheme, identity, attitude..., but still has something to offer other teams.
    LolaRox
    NET Veteran

• My guess is he will be a Packer.
    coorslighthawk
    NET Starter

Previous

It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:14 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information