Dontae Johnson to IR

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Thorpe to start, Akeem King promoted to the 53. We'll see how Thorpe does then.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Yikes, Thorpe has not been good in the past. Special teams ace only. Hope for better, but man it seems we will be having injury issues this year again.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1038423092161331206[/tweet]

I haven't seen an announcement as to who will get the start at right corner. It's known that they want to take a look at Tre Flowers at some point in time this year. Neiko Thorpe can play both sides and inside at the nickle spot.

I welcome this announcement in that it adds an element of intrigue to Sunday's game.

Go Hawks!

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I'm OK with this, get these young guys on the field now. Flowers has something, Shaquem has something, all these dudes pushing for time really CAN be great, they strike me as smart, fool me once types of guys. Oh, you think they might have a little grit to them too? This is going to be the best 8-8 to 12-4 season we've seen in years, entertaining! But yeah, let's chill on the injuries now...

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
If not considered serious, why IR?

Neiko Thorpe is not really a CB. He is very bad, as is King, who has no business being on a 53.

Flowers still has everything to prove. This hurts our depth at an already shaky spot. Dontae was at least OK.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
We are going to get lit up in the secondary as it's getting damn thin. The traitor coming back isnt going to solve the depth issues.

xray

Reaction score
Another IR ? The season yet to begin and the bench has to play. How did the Hawks manage to have so many delicate pussies on the team again. It seems they intentionally bring in players that have a history of injury or worse yet are injured when they sign them....WHY??? Do they come cheaper by the dozon? Ya'll watch, Jordan and Prosise won't make
it through 6 games and the Hawks will keep them because maybe someday they get in football shape. Tired of this s**t

Rat

Reaction score
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, please pick up the white courtesy phone...

AgentDib

Reaction score
That's just the entire NFL. There are already 213 players on IR for the 2018 season and so we're right at league average with 7 players on IR so far.

The Colts have 17! players on IR already this year but all making $700k or less so there's definitely something going on in Indianapolis in terms of stashing youth for future development.

The Broncos have 8 players on IR including two key members: RT Menelik Watson (top 5 NFL RT) and SS Su'a Cravens (second round pick last year).

Rat

Reaction score
xray":28dgv0a8 said:
Another IR ? The season yet to begin and the bench has to play. How did the Hawks manage to have so many delicate pussies on the team again. It seems they intentionally bring in players that have a history of injury or worse yet are injured when they sign them....WHY??? Do they come cheaper by the dozon? Ya'll watch, Jordan and Prosise won't make
it through 6 games and the Hawks will keep them because maybe someday they get in football shape. Tired of this s**t

Football is a violent sport. Most of the league is dealing with the same thing. Our lack of depth is killing us, and is probably a good reason to not shell out big dollars to guys like Earl.

GLio14

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":rvl1lk92 said:
If not considered serious, why IR?

Neiko Thorpe is not really a CB. He is very bad, as is King, who has no business being on a 53.

Flowers still has everything to prove. This hurts our depth at an already shaky spot. Dontae was at least OK.

I actually really liked King during the preseason.

I guess he's a hit or miss among the fans.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Deshawn Shead! Bring him in ASAP.

sdog1981

Reaction score
DJrmb":btjbowe8 said:
Deshawn Shead! Bring him in ASAP.

He was awful and is out of football, did not make the Lions roster after they inked him to a 3 million dollar deal.

Jville

Reaction score
LOL ...... Not so long ago there was the belittling of Dontae Johnson and those that decided to sign him. Why anyone of free will would insist on residing in such a depressing doom and gloom outlook is beyond me. :229031_shrug: Must be some kind of cult going around.