Good News and Bad News

652cHAWK

Reaction score
Good News: Rams Lost!
Bad News: We play them next, at LA after they suffered a loss.

Good News: We made top dance routine TD celebration.
Bad News: We're taking up practice time to choreograph dance routines, and we're losing games.

:escape:

Seymour

Reaction score
Reminds me a bit of Baldwin's TD celebration in SB49. For the day, 1 pass for 3 yards - 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty for -12 total and we get a SB dump celebration from him. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
652cHAWK

652cHAWK

Reaction score
Seymour":3kz2k470 said:
Reminds me a bit of Baldwin's TD celebration in SB49. For the day, 1 pass for 3 yards - 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty for -12 total and we get a SB dump celebration from him. :2thumbs:

I have a feeling this was Baldwin's brainchild too.

Seymour

Reaction score
652cHAWK":2a898ra5 said:
Seymour":2a898ra5 said:

I would have guessed that, but post game show actually said that Lockett came up with it.

Of course they HAD to get in they only spent 5 minutes of practice time on it....Rrrriiiiiight. :141847_bnono:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
You guys really upset about this?

The NFL is encouraging this from the players. Lit bit of fun should be something fans should enjoy.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2it5fdl1 said:

The NFL is encouraging this from the players. Lit bit of fun should be something fans should enjoy.

I wouldn't be if it happened in a win.

I liked it at the time, but by games end it didn't sit so well with me if I'm being honest.

May seem hypocritical.....and I'll take that, but it's how I feel at the "end of the day".

OP
OP
652cHAWK

652cHAWK

Reaction score
Seymour":2s1s86r2 said:
652cHAWK":2s1s86r2 said:
Seymour":2s1s86r2 said:

I would have guessed that, but post game show actually said that Lockett came up with it.

Of course they HAD to get in they only spent 5 minutes of practice time on it....Rrrriiiiiight. :141847_bnono:

Ah, well then.....giive me an improv Travis Kelce quick freak dance any day over that. Or, better yet, Beast Mode been there before non celebratory hand the ball to the official.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":2w3hqodh said:
Uncle Si":2w3hqodh said:

I liked it at the time, but by games end it didn't sit so well with me if I'm being honest.

May seem hypocritical.....and I'll take that, but it's how I feel at the "end of the day".

Makes sense

I thought it was harmless fun. In a loss, in hindsight, i can see being perturbed by it

OP
OP
652cHAWK

652cHAWK

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3j8jnp9q said:

You want to bring back fun in the NFL, let's see throwback uniforms. With the new rules placed this year, regarding helmets, hoping this happens soon.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":r2m6p2to said:

Why you always gotta be so neg---er ,I mean Positive? :mrgreen:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Seymour":cqwnx80h said:
Uncle Si":cqwnx80h said:

So contact Doc Brown and see if you can use his DeLorean to go back and add those celebrations in once we know if it was a winning effort or not. That's the only way we can line things up with feeling positive about it at the "end of the day."

I personally love that the NFL has lightened up on this. There was way, way, way too much "No Fun League" nonsense going around. Fines for players having fun, sapping all the entertainment out of it.

Are there some dumb and tacky celebrations? Super Bowel Movement, Sharpie Incident, The Dallas Star Stomp... Sure there are. Lots of 'em. So what? It's a game. Entertainment. And there's a definite "our guy" vs. "their guy" thing when it comes to coloring perception. But I'd rather have it entertaining like this than the way we had it for a number of years before this.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sorry this was a bit more involved then those examples. It took what like 5 players all in coordination with each other and a bit of practice and thought went into it.

Looking that sharp there, then contrast that to the game you saw where we made mistakes, penalties, and bad calls from coaching and refs throughout the day.....and you now have the proper perspective to how others may view this as different and irritating.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
I have never been a fan of celebration 'dances', or striking some stupid pose.

That is the cheerleaders job.

But, it is what it is. To each his own.

Chapow

Reaction score
SeaMeat":15ysz3yr said:

Interesting choice of avatar considering your stance on "striking some stupid pose".

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":3k34y7vy said:
Sorry this was a bit more involved then those examples. It took what like 5 players all in coordination with each other and a bit of practice and thought went into it.

Looking that sharp there, then contrast that to the game you saw where we made mistakes, penalties, and bad calls from coaching and refs throughout the day.....and you now have the proper perspective to how others may view this as different and irritating.

Its supposed to be fun and something the league is begging players to do.

You can contrast that to the way the game played out but i dont think you can attribute the celebration to a lack of focus.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
Chapow":2vgs5npo said:
SeaMeat":2vgs5npo said:

Interesting choice of avatar considering your stance on "striking some stupid pose".

My wife's choice. Not mine.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
652cHAWK":1hshqx5q said:
You want to bring back fun in the NFL, let's see throwback uniforms. With the new rules placed this year, regarding helmets, hoping this happens soon.

I'm with you! Let's see those retros once or twice a year!!

Chapow

Reaction score
Seymour":2dmpfssm said:

It was 4 guys and the entire thing lasted about 6 seconds.

How much time do you guys imagine it took them to get that 6 second routine nailed down? Also, have you guys considered that it's entirely possible that they did it on their own time? Like, after practice was over?

Seymour

Reaction score
Chapow":nouumpjw said:
Seymour":nouumpjw said:

It was 4 guys and the entire thing lasted about 6 seconds.

How much time do you guys imagine it took them to get that 6 second routine nailed down? Also, have you guys considered that it's entirely possible that they did it on their own time? Like, after practice was over?

I already posted the post game show they said they took "5 minutes of practice" time to rehearse it. Yes, I question that it only took that but whatever. It's not that big of a deal. just didn't sit right that Pete even lets them practice ANY celebrations on team time when we see team efforts and penalties (lack of discipline) like that on game day.