This Team Is Fun Again.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
To start off, Temple Billiards is still alive folks! For any of you fellow NETTERS wondering where to go on gameday, we are breathing life back into the joint. I saw more fellow NETTERS today there than I have seen in a long time so for any of you coming to the game and wondering where to prefunk, go to 2nd and Jackson, two blocks dead North of the stadium and you will bump into us reprobates. Especially downstairs.

To Hawkstorian who thought the team might have done away with the Ring of Honor, no sir, but they did switch sides...It is now on the West side of the stadium which is why you might have been confused at your last game.

To the game and team...Let's start with the 12's. From the parking lots to the bars, it's not quite the fervor it was five years ago. You can tell the bandwagonners are gone. But what is awesome is that there are still diehard 12's in every nook and cranny around the stadium and when it comes to game time there is still a formidable force of fans that make their voices heard.

This is my first home game in several weeks due to my crazy schedule this year. I have to say I was hyper-aware about the 12's not living up to expectations this season. I was fearful that everybody was right.

I am SO glad to say...

WRONG!

The crowd was electric. Felt like 2013 all over again. Even though it was the lowly 2-9 49ers, the 12's feasted tonight. It was so much fun.

Oh the team? About them, lol...

Scrappy. Resilient. Unrelenting. GOOD.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2r2b1j5v said:
There was definitely a Playoff feeling in the air today. Gotta just love it!! :irishdrinkers:

Amen brother!!! :irishdrinkers:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, having a lot of fun w/this team. The stadium was rockin yesterday. People claiming it's not loud there these days, I couldn't disagree more.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2hzds889 said:
Yep, having a lot of fun w/this team. The stadium was rockin yesterday. People claiming it's not loud there these days, I couldn't disagree more.

Yep. The Volume 12 is still loud and proud.

toffee

Reaction score
FUN because we didn't lost our ways, instead, we surgically removed all the cancers.

THE TABS

Reaction score
Ok, I’ll admit it, I didn’t expect this. I had them going 7-9, and they have far exceeded my expectations.

I honestly don’t know if this is sustainable in 2019 and beyond, because I do have some big concerns, but I’ll worry about that in 2019 and beyond. For now, I’m just going to enjoy the ride. :D

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I doubt very many of us expected what are seeing. I was pretty set on 9-7 before the season, and even then I wasn't exactly overconfident. This is crazy. 7 wins w/4 to go, 3 at home?? Yes please

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
THE TABS":1xn6pu04 said:
Ok, I’ll admit it, I didn’t expect this. I had them going 7-9, and they have far exceeded my expectations.

I honestly don’t know if this is sustainable in 2019 and beyond, because I do have some big concerns, but I’ll worry about that in 2019 and beyond. For now, I’m just going to enjoy the ride. :D

Ben for you to just enjoy the ride is a huge win for you. Congrats. LOL!

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I just want to apologize to Coach Carroll publicly for my lack of faith in his coaching philosophy after the first few games. I legit thought that hed plateau'd as a coach and that the new wave coaches were gonna put 50 burgers on his head every outing. Boy o BOY was i off on that! I know now that his conservatism is totally calculated and I should have (i hate this damn phrase) "Trust the process".

What we see with the running game is all Pete! So great to still see RBs exploding through the smallest creases available! Chris Carson is a gottdamn ANIMAL!

And on defense, the "bend but don't break" is even working still even tho we've lost some MAJOR pieces. That's a true testament to Petes ability. I haven't checked the numbers but it FEELS like we're already ahead of last year in takeaways.

We already knew what RW3 could do with just a middle of the pack oline so SHOUTS to coach Solari!

Im loving this shit mayne!

At last, it seems that hes finally taken the gov off Russ

chris98251

Reaction score
All you have to do is look at the players, they are having fun, Wilson the Robot is smiling and they are laughing on the sidelines again. The offense has bought in to Schotty's offense and it will only get better as things begin to become second nature and Wilson understands where the holes in the defense will be based on his looks and route trees being run in the passing game. The running game will improve also as our young backs get accustomed to things as well.

It's good now, but it can get better, a few pieces back in Dizzley and our defense getting a edge guy or two and if we resign Kendricks will help the secondary a lot.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, improving for sure, but they are far from how good they can will get imo. I'm pretty stoked to be a year off on my playoff thoughts (figured 2019 was the playoff year) but there are still glaring problems to fix. But this sure is a blast to watch. They find ways to win, earlier in the year they found ways to lose.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3fjxmr90 said:
Yeah, improving for sure, but they are far from how good they can will get imo. I'm pretty stoked to be a year off on my playoff thoughts (figured 2019 was the playoff year) but there are still glaring problems to fix. But this sure is a blast to watch. They find ways to win, earlier in the year they found ways to lose.

I call it learning to win or always believeing they can win no matter what the score or what time is left.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
It is much funnier to watch this team this season than it was.

On the sound aspect, I respectfully disagree. I was greatly disappointed in the noise yesterday. I no longer live in the Seattle area, but I come in for a home game at least once every season. Yesterday was the game I got to attend this season.

It's nowhere near as loud as it was 4 or 5 years ago. I didn't even have to raise my voice to talk. I was in Section 303, so maybe it's just where your seats are? Way too many people sitting down and quiet when we are on D. The group I was with (all long time fans) all said the same thing.

I have been to tons of games at C Link, and that was one of the quietest (relatively speaking)... by far.

Teams used to be very disjointed playing in our noise, and they just are not anymore.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
FlyingGreg":ua0ht03t said:
It is much funnier to watch this team this season than it was.

On the sound aspect, I respectfully disagree. I was greatly disappointed in the noise yesterday. I no longer live in the Seattle area, but I come in for a home game at least once every season. Yesterday was the game I got to attend this season.

It's nowhere near as loud as it was 4 or 5 years ago. I didn't even have to raise my voice to talk. I was in Section 303, so maybe it's just where your seats are? Way too many people sitting down and quiet when we are on D. The group I was with (all long time fans) all said the same thing.

I have been to tons of games at C Link, and that was one of the quietest (relatively speaking)... by far.

Teams used to be very disjointed playing in our noise, and they just are not anymore.

Fair enough friend. I thought it was pretty loud all-in-all. I can appreciate that there are pockets in the stadium where the noise isn't that loud but from my section 126 it was rowdy and that includes the fact that many in my section are Seahawks employees who don't normally get too nuts. Like the team, I think the fans are trending up again.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2akhzgdb said:
Well, to be fair......once there was a huge lead a lot of people left to beat traffic in the 4th.

True. Haha