Bright spots of the season and for the future!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Post it here...

I'll post the obvious...DK Metcalf. Great season and we could really have a phenom at WR for a long time. Only going to get better with Russ throwing him the ball.

nwHawk

Reaction score
DK and Lockett will be better next season. Diggs! We'll have him moving forward and he will help get this defense to the next leave. Remember the grow Duane Brown had in his second year. Clowney hopefully comes back. He was balls out this year. Really, we have a lot of holes going into the offseason.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Up until the injuries started taking their toll, this offense great. Hopefully they can carry it into next season while improving the defense.

quadsas

Reaction score
I'll wait for Ivan the Terrible to get sacked otherwise I'll fear for safety of all our players

HawkGA

Reaction score
Pete needs to take the offseason to reinvent himself, ala McCarthy. I also think he needs to learn the lesson Dan Quinn learned mid-season, which is to be more hands off and trust the coordinators.

As to bright spot, I actually think there are not too many holes. The team has 10 draft picks or something like that and somewhere around top 5 cap space (might be top 6). So there is plenty there to improve the team from what was already a pretty high performing team.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1h2g0v59 said:
Post it here...

I'll post the obvious...DK Metcalf. Great season and we could really have a phenom at WR for a long time. Only going to get better with Russ throwing him the ball.
I wanna say Joey Hunt.

DK is a given.

Diggs has been amazing.

John63

Reaction score
That's easy

WILSON
DK
Lockett
Diggs

stang233

Reaction score
Duane Brown a year older along with Bobby, KJ, McDougal, clowney. All our great players are old snd getting older. I don't see the depth to step up.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Surprised no one said Cody Barton. These past two games he's played and he was not a liability. Curious to see him get bigger and stronger because I think he'll be an asset next year.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Tons of cap space and draft picks this year to load up on new players. If Schneider and Pete hit this offseason out of the park, they should position themselves well for a 1-2 seed. Need better depth, need more speed on D (especially an edge rusher), need more play making skill position players. Lano Hill, TT, Tre Flowers, Turner, Moore, Jaron Brown all need to be upgraded given how often they saw the field.

DK looks like he will be a true #1 WR in the NFL which means Lockett should continue to get easy single coverage over the middle.

Carson had a monster year and an unlucky injury, he should be back better than ever.

Diggs was a great pick up, Blair flashed whenever Pete actually gave him opportunities and should see the field more next year. Shaq had a much better season compared to last year.

Russell was top 3 MVP, hopefully the coaching staff can finally accept this and let him run the show for all 4 quarters. Enough with these atrocious starts needing to force an identity we don't have.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Marquise Blair and Ugo Amadi are going to be very good with another year of experience.

Joey Hunt is not.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I honestly think the biggest change will come at the slot CB position. I think the difference would have been night and day in this games and in games previous if we had a slot corner we could trust. Flowers doesn't seem to have it all together yet, and the revolving door at that position was putting the weight of the defense on the LB's and overmatched young outside CB's. I think once that position is solidified, our D is actually a lot more solid a foundation than most seem to think right now.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Agreed on Metcalf. He just seems like he's not going to settle for just being good. The future at receiver looks bright with him and Tyler.

Oh, and Russell Wilson. He is a superstar. Period. He has a couple minor weaknesses...every great player does, but this is a 3 to 4 win team tops without him. Any post suggesting he is any part of the problem should be met with an auto reply calling them an idiot.