Seahawks are going to win the SB in 2020/2021

lukerguy

Reaction score
- 60MM in cap space (most they've had in recent years)
-3 picks in the top 2 rounds
- Ifedi should be gone
-Penny was coming in to his own before the injury
- Russ is incredibly getting better
- Lockett and DK locked up for a few years
- Diggs a piece that can make the scheme work, locked up for a few years.
-Shaq looking like a #1 corner
- Ifedi will be gone
- Britt back healthy

They still need some work, but they have the key pieces to do something special next year, and I think they will.

Areas for improvement:
- I'd be okay if they spent 3/4 of that cap on DLINE. They have to figure out a way to improve the pass rush. All top teams can get pressure with 4 man front (See LA,SF). Sign Clowney. Exit Ansah.
-New D coordinator with DLINE specialty.
- Improve Oline simply by Ifedi just leaving. Also, add a + interior guard.
-Sign or draft a CB to replace Flowers.
-I don't think KJ Wright's play/age justifies $8MM per year.

- I wouldn't spend money on any positions other than DLINE/OLINE and CB2.

kmeleon

Reaction score
I feel we're going to be closer for sure, we're not that far away. We need to continue to steady the O-line. We need D line help, Clowney probably gets paid. Another WR either thru the draft or FA. A corner for sure.

I feel good about we're we'll be next year, I'm very optimistic. Much better than last year going into this year for sure. :2thumbs:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we have a better than 1/32 chance of winning the Superbowl (because Cleveland).

But as this year proves, you do need injury luck. The top 4 teams playing for the SB have almost all their key players out there and healthy.

When the Hawks won the SB they also were incredibly healthy. Injuries are a real thing.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete probably wins the wildcard game. If this happens:

He will almost 100% certainty then get down by 3 TDs in the divisional playoff game.

We will probably start closing the gap but lose.

This will happen because this is what Pete does. Pete won't change and neither will the results.

We have zero chance of making another SB under Pete. We don't even have a chance at winning a divisional playoff game under him,

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3pvtw6qd said:
Pete probably wins the wildcard game. If this happens:

He will almost 100% certainty then get down by 3 TDs in the divisional playoff game.

We will probably start closing the gap but lose.

This will happen because this is what Pete does. Pete won't change and neither will the results.

We have zero chance of making another SB under Pete. We don't even have a chance at winning a divisional playoff game under him,

Give it a rest..

nwHawk

Reaction score
I'll subscribe to the SEAHAWKS ARE GOING TO WIN THE SB IN 2020/2021, but I think Ifedi has been better than most are giving him credit for in this offense. Britt, love the attitude but he gives up a fair amount of pressures. Fluker should be replaced as well.

Seymour

Reaction score
We have more holes next year than this year.

2020 would be lucky to get as far as 2019 IMO. Sure it's possible, but far from "all signs point to #1".

OP
OP
lukerguy

lukerguy

Reaction score
beastalamode":3dvlehe0 said:
I feel bad for you

I feel bad for me too. I hate seeing the potential (good) in everything. :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":1bartzxk said:

2020 would be lucky to get as far as 2019 IMO. Sure it's possible, but far from "all signs point to #1".
Very true.... but looks like they will have a ton more cap space. I don’t see a SB appearance next year but maybe the year after if they draft well and avoid a ton injuries.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Notice how many 1st round picks dot the Niners roster now? They suffered for a long time to accumulate the roster they sport now. One reason that makes it tough for us to gain ground fast through the draft is our continuous run of success. At best we pick late in first round every year. So we trade that one for more picks later. Schneider and Carroll have made an art form of that scheme. It is not a get rich quick idea. However, looking at their overall accomplishments it's hard to argue for changing what they do in the way of roster building.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The team's 2020 cap space may be closer to $68M from what I read at overthecap.com concerning an expected cap adjustment in late April or early May. Right now overthecap.com is showing that the Hawks have $63.4M available. Ten years ago the adjustment was +$4M for each team.

And since 2020 is the last year of the current CBA, there is no cap space carry-over possibilities into 2021. Teams that don't spend all of their cap in 2020 will lose what they don't spend.

Hawknight

Reaction score
lukerguy":1r95kfbs said:
- 60MM in cap space (most they've had in recent years)
-3 picks in the top 2 rounds
- Ifedi should be gone
-Penny was coming in to his own before the injury
- Russ is incredibly getting better
- Lockett and DK locked up for a few years
- Diggs a piece that can make the scheme work, locked up for a few years.
-Shaq looking like a #1 corner
- Ifedi will be gone
- Britt back healthy

They still need some work, but they have the key pieces to do something special next year, and I think they will.

Areas for improvement:
- I'd be okay if they spent 3/4 of that cap on DLINE. They have to figure out a way to improve the pass rush. All top teams can get pressure with 4 man front (See LA,SF). Sign Clowney. Exit Ansah.
-New D coordinator with DLINE specialty.
- Improve Oline simply by Ifedi just leaving. Also, add a + interior guard.
-Sign or draft a CB to replace Flowers.
-I don't think KJ Wright's play/age justifies $8MM per year.

- I wouldn't spend money on any positions other than DLINE/OLINE and CB2.

Of course, this is all pending on whether or not we can stay healthy during the next football season. This season was a fluke with our running backs, TE and what not. Many folks complain about Pete, but this team endured quite a bit with the loss of players that we experienced this season, my hats off to the entire team. We have some glaring weaknesses, but man, for what was suppose to be a building season, it was much more exciting than I ever anticipated.

Metcalf is going to have to be credited here, what a awesome rookie season for this young man. I'm looking forward to seeing this guy grow with Lockett, man next seasons going to be exciting. I'm excitingly looking to the draft now and what we'll have drafted for the next season. I'm stoked!

Just my 2 cents....Go Hawks!

davidonmi

Reaction score
Seymour":nn9gk04t said:

disagree. I think there are far more strengths on this roster now than there was last year. Defined weaknesses as well.

Bring back Clowney, Reed, and bring in a pass rusher (Robert Quinn would be an excellent fit). Bring in a RT as Ifedi is going to cost more than he is worth, but keeping the line together would help continuity.

Draft a WR and a CB early (draft is deep on both of those). Bring in multiple LBers with speed (trades and later round draft pick works here).

Ken Norton and Ivan Lewis both have to go as well.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2i9fdmno said:
Seymour":2i9fdmno said:

Very true.... but looks like they will have a ton more cap space. I don’t see a SB appearance next year but maybe the year after if they draft well and avoid a ton injuries.

What holes?

I really don't know the contract situation of the team outside Clowney

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ste3kx1f said:
Sports Hernia":ste3kx1f said:
Seymour":ste3kx1f said:

What holes?

Clowney, Ansah, Fant, Ifedi, Reed, Jefferson, Kendricks, Prosise all leave roster holes that will need to be filled.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Thats not terrible, really.

Clowney/Reed and Fant/Ifedi will be priorities. Barton seemed to fill in well enough for Kendricks.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Seymour":3uoyhdo5 said:
Uncle Si":3uoyhdo5 said:
Sports Hernia":3uoyhdo5 said:
Seymour":3uoyhdo5 said:

What holes?

Clowney, Ansah, Fant, Ifedi, Reed, Jefferson, Kendricks, Prosise all leave roster holes that will need to be filled.

Really? Only Clowney deserves a spot next year. Reed was a potential 10+ mil resign and did absolutely nothing, Kendricks is probably in federal prison, Prosise..really? Homer took his place. Fant will leave to be a really below average LT for a team like the Jags.

Team is in a great spot for next year assuming the FO gets 2-3 potential starters on the DL.

OP
OP
lukerguy

lukerguy

Reaction score
Jarren Reed

2016: 1.5 sacks
2017 1.5 sacks
2018 10.5 sacks
Popped for PEDs
2019 2 sacks (10 games)

Are you going to give him big money with one outlier season? I sure as heck wouldn't give him much.. There are a lot of pass rushers available this offseason. How about a guy like JPP? 8.5 sacks in 10 games. 12.5 sacks in 16 games the year before.

Latest posts