Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Dissly .....

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Will Dissly .....
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:37 pm

Re: Will Dissly .....
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:51 pm
  • Great news! Hoping Uncle Will makes full recovery. Passing physical doesn't necessarily meant he could make all the cuts, moves etc. But I am having my fingers crossed.

Go Uncle Will!

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:54 pm
  • Its great to hear that Dissly is improving, but when will Colby Parkinson going to be ready too go ?
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:54 pm
  • I'm glad, but I'd be far happier if it didn't feel like he was made of glass. When he's on the field, he's honestly looked to me like the best TE Russ has had to work with by a mile, better than either Graham or Miller.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:01 pm
  • Great news!

Didn’t expect Dissly to do anything since I watched him at UW but this guy can potentially be the best TE to ever come out of UW.

Better than that knucklehead Jeremy Stevens.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:29 pm
  • This offense is completely different with him in it. This is outstanding news.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:22 pm
  • I hope he wears a brace this season, just to give the knee a chance to strengthen in a real world situation.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:35 pm
  • Good news and I hope he can stay healthy. If he gets hurt again this season, i'm afraid his time in Seattle will come to a close.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:02 am

Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:03 am

Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:31 am
  • Love hearing this, and I'm not surprised at how hard he has been working to get back. He's another player who makes this team a lot better. And his blocking abilities are as good as just about any TE in the league. On THIS team, that his huge. I don't see him as Mr. Glass at all. He got injured a couple times, that doesn't make you Mr. Glass. C.J. Prosise, Deion Branch.....those guys are and were true Mr. Glass candidates.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:01 am
  • chris98251 wrote:I hope he wears a brace this season, just to give the knee a chance to strengthen in a real world situation.

I'm not sure that will make much difference to his achilles injury.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:27 am
  • One more season ending injury and his NFL career will be in doubt .
    xray
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:42 am
  • Dude is a bona fide stud when he is on the field. He just has to stay healthy.
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:44 am
  • chris98251 wrote:I hope he wears a brace this season, just to give the knee a chance to strengthen in a real world situation.

Umm, he tore his achilles so a knee brace won't fix that. The patellar tendon was the previous year and a brace really doesn't help that problem. Braces support ligaments but do very little for tendon ruptures.

I personally hope Will is loading up on vitamin C. That collagen needs some added strength.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:56 pm
  • Diss is young, so that helps. And the advancements in surgical procedures and success rates over the past 40 years has been phenomenal. But the particular injuries he has suffered stick in the back of my mind as lifetime altering that can be overcome in youth but come back to bite you later.
    Hoping all the best for him, but I'd be sure to have a good backup or two, on hand.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:13 pm
  • We really only need him for the playoffs.

I would rather have an exceptional player for 2-4 games in the regular season and then making a difference in the playoffs than a consistently good player (but no more than good) player through the entire regular season and playoffs.

Let him get stronger, keep working, and hold him out of the 1st half of the season. The bar to the playoffs is lower so better to have great players that win games for you in the playoffs (even with road games) than home field advantage but none of those players available.

I don't get or agree with the sentiment that if he cannot stay healthy we cannot keep him. If anything it makes him cheaper later. You take talent where you can get it. He clearly has that, just durability issues (potentially). Does not mean he cannot be very valuable to us later.

We will need some regular season games to recover and continue to develop, but he has shown he is worth a roster spot if only just for the value in the playoffs.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:54 pm
  • Yeah I forgot about the Achilles part, so many injuries I crossed it up, you can burn me at the stake I guess while others throw tar and gasoline on me, someone can use a fire hose to put it out and then you can reignite me again.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:45 pm
  • I don’t care what anyone says, Dissly can be our Kittle. I know I’ll get roasted for this, but I think he can be better.
    tifferradish
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:57 am
  • tifferradish wrote:I don’t care what anyone says, Dissly can be our Kittle. I know I’ll get roasted for this, but I think he can be better.

Roast you?

I don’t think Dissly can have the full impact that Kittle does but sure don’t consider him JAG.

I don’t think he’s come close to his potential, I’m stoked to know he should be making a return.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:22 am
  • Having him and Olsen could be huge for us.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:17 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:Seems like he has made a substantial, possibly a full recovery.

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks- ... n-pup-list

The following quote from the link really speaks to Dissly's character and grit .................
    "Will had an incredible offseason," Carroll said Monday on a video press conference. "He worked out in L.A., the group that he worked out with told me that he had nine months with them. He spent nine months working out on a real rigid schedule, and he didn't miss one minute of one day in nine straight months. They said they've never seen anybody do that before .............
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:28 pm
  • Genuinely think when healthy he is our George kittle and could be as good.

His 2 injuries have been absolutely horrific so far. Hoping he doesn't lose a step.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:25 pm
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:Genuinely think when healthy he is our George kittle and could be as good.

His 2 injuries have been absolutely horrific so far. Hoping he doesn't lose a step.

He never had much of a step to lose, he was more about power and finding holes in coverage, a knack he has. He needs to be healed well for leverage and push off when blocking and to power through tackles.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:29 pm
  • It’s crazy how much he’s gone through just to get where he is today. If he can stay healthy he will be one of the greats. I hope he got all his injuries out of the way. Who knows if he can handle anymore. Not easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12thmanNY
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information