WALRUS for Offensive Coordinator

Rocket

Reaction score
He'll be on the market soon, He ain't bevell, it's his thing and he does it well.
He'd be great for Lil' Russ as well.

Eh?

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
On the downside, he doesn't utilize resources well... he likes players tailored to HIS way of doing things.

drdiags

Reaction score
Mike's ego would never allow him to come back as anything but a head coach. That is my read on him. To go from the head of the Browns organization to an OC, he would be flipping over before getting into his grave.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Not sure how him and PC could both be big man on campus... If that dynamic worked itself out, there's no one better at teaching QBs and the West Coast offense. The main thing I want to avoid is becoming a finesse team.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
VHawk":39ajbc6w said:
Hell to tha No!The game has passed dude by long time ago.
:13: I also love the direction of the team currently...smash mouth....I don't want to see finesse come back.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
drdiags":802sn3hw said:
Mike's ego would never allow him to come back as anything but a head coach. That is my read on him. To go from the head of the Browns organization to an OC, he would be flipping over before getting into his grave.

Agreed 100%. Case closed.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":37rvrdn1 said:
This. Spot on man.

DrChristianTroy

Reaction score
IMO, the last thing this team needs is another old-school conservative playcaller. Where's the next generation of creative football minds? Find them!

gubernaculum

Reaction score
Don't thing Holmgren comes back, unless it is as a head coach. He also won't get the autonomy that he wants with Pete here. I think he is a better head coach than a front office guy, but he would fit better with a more established veteran team.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
drdiags":1hlnmmcm said:

This. No way he comes back as anything other than a head coach.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Yeah, that'd go over pretty well.

OK, Russell, you damn well better stay in the pocket and hit that 3 step drop.

redhawk253

Reaction score
heck no.. and theres no way he would ever put himself in position to be an OC.. he's going to look for something with outright head coach w/ at the least conversation on personel decisions.

blue 22

Reaction score
i wonder if sark gets fired and pete reunites with his old buddy....

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
So, your saying hell froze over. It would be fun to see a version of the 2002-2007 offense with this defense, but it will never happen, ever.

Wilson will be a good (or better) QB in a year or two and I think a new OC will get the most out of this offense. I'm just not sure if it's all the OC or QB's (or whoever else you want to point the finger at) fault at this point. The Seahawks are a run first, low scoring team until Wilson gets his feet deeper into the pool (or at least when Pete sees fit).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
drdiags":2l0cqzsx said:

Bingo.

Besides, Holmgren and Carroll aren't even close to being on the same page as far as offensive philosophies. Carroll is much more conservative, it's a bad marriage all the way around.

My guess if Holmgren still wants to coach, he'll go to a high profile job like Dallas if they fire that skinny ginger.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Going back to a playbook with NO chance for a trick play makes us predictable, and he was faaaaaar too conservative for my tastes.

Fox0r

Reaction score
Hell no. I would kill myself if I had to sit through anymore 3rd and long draw plays.