My concerns for this game

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I was text messaging with my friend Bestfightstory yesterday (because I can't do it here anymore) about my concerns for this game. We discussed the offense, the defense, special teams, ect. None of those have either of us overly concerned.

What does concern me, and him as well, is injury. I am very concerned that this game is going to be very cheap and chippy. A major penis measuring contest. Who can hurt the other team first. The ninnies have professed their desire to hurt us. They have circled this game as their game of the year. The cheap shots to the head and knees I am afraid of. I can see them purposely attempting to derail our superb owl run with cheap shots. They tend to get injured whenever they play us and my concern is that they will resort to cheap tactics to turn the tables. A little of our own medicine.

I pray that somehow we get out of this game without any season altering injuries. Let's hope that this post is not othetic.

bellyfat

Reaction score
This is why we need to get up on them early and get our second stringers some reps. I know Russell doesn't like to be benched even if we're up by three possessions but all our guys are going to need reps if the Seahawks start clinching higher playoff positions. I don't know, I'm not that worried about it because the 49ers and their fans probably feel the same way.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Yeah, I had the same thoughts, but none of our othetic worry will change what happens in the game. Best just to cross fingers, knock on wood, pray or do whatever you do. Our guys have so much hustle, play so fast and are so aggressive that maybe they are less susceptible to that sort of thing. They'll need to play all the way to the whistle and maybe just a tick longer, so they don't get the Trent Cole treatment.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Boone is on record promising cheap shots. I am pretty sure Whitless and Reid will be head hunting Lynch.

No injuries for either team, please.

Throwdown

Reaction score
The thought hasn't even crossed my mind. Usually its the 49ers hurting their damn selves.

ratso

Reaction score
I'm sure they'd like nothing better than to take out RW, employing Greg Williams "affect the head" mentality. Irate niner fans coming on board in 3, 2, 1.....

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hopefully, they can bounce off each other and roll with the flow. Also hope the weather is better than mine. I just got 3 inches of white stuff dumped last night. Woo hoo.
Definitely.... :thirishdrinkers:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Throwdown":2bl63rhn said:
The thought hasn't even crossed my mind. Usually its the 49ers hurting their damn selves.

The USA today article was pretty mean spirited. It rehashes the Manningham injury, the Ian Williams injury, the Davis got smoked concussion. Niner fans have themselves convinced Seattle is out to hurt their players.

I personally think the game is going to be ruined by yellow laundry.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Scottemojo":hw34qqy3 said:
Throwdown":hw34qqy3 said:

The USA today article was pretty mean spirited. It rehashes the Manningham injury, the Ian Williams injury, the Davis got smoked concussion. Niner fans have themselves convinced Seattle is out to hurt their players.

I personally think the game is going to be ruined by yellow laundry.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Out of the whole time since PC's been here I can only think of one play where it could of been considered dirty. It happened on a kick return where Mike Rob, and I think Adrian Moten (back up LB at the time for us) absolutely crushed a dude while he was on the ground, don't know if it was dirty or just an amazing lack of awareness by our two offending players.

I hope this game does end up with a lot of in your face "yeah we did that and you can't stop us" type of jawing, and hopefully it only comes from the Hawks end.

grizbob

Reaction score
You guys aren't helping my butterfly problem, I expect they'll stay with me for another 28 hrs or so. :180670:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Expect the game to be very tightly called, early in particular, to head off this type of thing. The teams' mutual dislike of each other is not lost on the NFL.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm sure that they are aware that a good shot to the head of our QB could put him on the sideline with no healthy TJack to back him up. If I recall correctly they took a cheap shot at him in the first meeting AFTER he had clearly handed the ball of and we're not flagged for it. You can bet they have factored that into their game plan on their home turf.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
grizbob":18dtmy58 said:
You guys aren't helping my butterfly problem, I expect they'll stay with me for another 28 hrs or so. :180670:

Put them back in the cocoon? They can come out on Monday. Or I think they have a medication to fix that...but cant remember what it is.

:229031_chillpill: :16: or is it this one??? :jd:

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3rcq47qx said:
Boone is on record promising cheap shots. I am pretty sure Whitless and Reid will be head hunting Lynch.

Reid? Nah, the last time he tackled one of our guys didn't he injure himself? He can't afford to be going in hard like that, he's already on two concussions in his first year. It'll be fine, I'm sure the game will be called tightly, our line at full health is more then capable of protecting Russell. Besides, to hurt him they'll have to catch him.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HawksSoc":4jn4zpse said:
Scottemojo":4jn4zpse said:

Reid? Nah, the last time he tackled one of our guys didn't he injure himself? He can't afford to be going in hard like that, he's already on two concussions in his first year. It'll be fine, I'm sure the game will be called tightly, our line at full health is more then capable of protecting Russell. Besides, to hurt him they'll have to catch him.

LOL....do they have a butterfly net?? as in the biggo one from Chitty Chitty bang bang?
:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

grizbob

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3ot0ypxa said:
grizbob":3ot0ypxa said:

Put them back in the cocoon? They can come out on Monday. Or I think they have a medication to fix that...but cant remember what it is.

:vodka: :thirishdrinkers: for the record, there's only one game I didn't have the nervous stomach for, twas the 1 in the 11 and 1, so it's a good thing :th2thumbs:

Largent80

Reaction score
After Bountygate I am thinking any deliberate acts will be punished severely. Of course you can't stop injuries from happening that is why it is important for us to win it all this year.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
grizbob":3veg66cg said:
Seahawkfan80":3veg66cg said:
grizbob":3veg66cg said:

:vodka: :thirishdrinkers: for the record, there's only one game I didn't have the nervous stomach for, twas the 1 in the 11 and 1, so it's a good thing :th2thumbs:

THIS^^^ ... :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Largent80":2un3zfwe said:
After Bountygate I am thinking any deliberate acts will be punished severely. Of course you can't stop injuries from happening that is why it is important for us to win it all this year.

Yep. But what good does that do when okung is out with a blown knee. Plus you would have to prove it.

Hell the guy that tore okungs pec with the wrestling move didn't even get fined last year.