Disappointed, but not discouraged

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I look at this game two ways...

1. Any Hawks loss is disappointing, but given the context of how they were playing for the last several weeks, it's frustrating to see them play such a sloppy game.

2. On the other hand, splitting games with a strong division rival - with each winning at home - is common enough. If you had told me at the start of the year that we'd split with SF, beating them by 26 at home and losing on what amounted to a last second FG on the road, I'd have been content with that result. That's a good outcome against a good team, even though it's not the best possible outcome.

Honestly, 11-2 after 13 games is outstanding, though 12-1 would definitely have been nicer. Here's hoping the team cleans up the slop, Malcolm Smith gets up to speed, and the Seahawks get back to business as usual against the Giants next week.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I'm with ya Vols. I'm not gonna be one of these overreacting louts. We're still the best team in the NFC.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
yeah, listening to the Hawks radio commentary after the game makes me feel better. Hope we can learn from this. Lets take care of business against the G-aints Sunday.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Same here they played a tight game.The 9'ers came out on top with the big play at the end.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":38n76ekq said:
I'm with ya Vols. I'm not gonna be one of these overreacting louts. We're still the best team in the NFC.

I wouldn't be myself if I didn't overreact, but something is just sticking in my craw about this game. I just fell like these last 3 games are gonna be very tough for us and could cause us to lose homefield.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Good game. It slipped away. I'm good. Thought it was in front of us and ut just got away. Both teams played well but both gave uo too many penalties. Looking foward to NYG and a homestand.

rpmischris

Reaction score
I have to admit that I threw my water bottle at the wall during the last few minutes of the game.