Percy didn't practice today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
You know this post would happen sooner or later :mrgreen:

hawker84

Reaction score
He's not playing Sunday, and beginning to think we may not see him until the playoffs, if even then.....

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I will contribute to this thread just one time because it seems like many people are agonizing over this. Having played football and listening to Dave Wyman (who I am sure has more credibility than I do), when Percy played in the Minnesota game it was evident that he was jacked out of his mind about playing. This has to do with Pete holding him out, not Percy playing through the pain. This guy loves football and has played with injuries in the past so please stop with the nonsense about him not wanting to play hurt. I am sure that was one of the first things this regime inquired about before trading for him. While it is frustrating that he is not out there, it has nothing to do with Percy being soft or not wanting to play. In fact it is polar opposite, the franchise is protecting Percy from himself.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2b47p4un said:

OHHHH....MYYYYYYY....GAWWWWWD!!!!!!!!!!, er WHUT?!
never mind :34853_tinfoil:

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Kinda don't care about Percy any more, until I actually see #11 on the field.

OP
OP
HawKnPeppa

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1c3p99rb said:
HawKnPeppa":1c3p99rb said:

OHHHH....MYYYYYYY....GAWWWWWD!!!!!!!!!!, er WHUT?!
never mind :34853_tinfoil:

Ahaha! When I was a kid, the neighbor used to chase me away for poking sticks into his chicken pen. Can you tell?

Greenhell

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":tdn11v3e said:
Kinda don't care about Percy any more, until I actually see #11 on the field.

I'm of this frame of mind as well.

James in PA

Reaction score
I had a feeling after his most recent "setback" that we wouldn't see him back until the last or next to last regular season game (both home games). I think they'll want him to get a little work in before the playoffs. But no way in heck they are bringing him back this week to play in frigid and possibly snowy conditions. And if Pete acts like there's still a chance for this week, he's flat-out lying.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I don't know what to think about this anymore.

I am not mad at the guy for not playing. I am upset about how much he cost to acquire and how that potentially hurts us moving forward but what can you do?

If the guy does not contribute in the playoffs, well then he is just Greg Odem - some guy with amazing potential whose body simply cannot take the stress of the game he is trying to play.

I was going to say something snarky about D Rose and #TheReturn but why blame the guy? He probably wants to play in the playoffs and hopefully he ends up making a difference in them.

If he does, maybe he ends up worth it.

I used to be upset when I found out that he basically would never play this year save for a single game, now I am just resigned to it. You cannot strike gold on every FA signing. Sometimes even this FO makes a mistake. Let's hope this isn't one of those times.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Percy along with 1/4 of the team missed practice today.. we know the deal with Harvin, but the others I think has to do more with this being week 15 than anything else

report: All DNP - Harvin, Miller (ribs), Unger (pec), Lynch (shoulder), Sherman (foot), Browner (groin)
Baldwin (neck), Morgan (knee), Clemons (NIR)

Status
Not open for further replies.