If you are mad at Richard Sherman,

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Then you have never made a critical play in competitive sports.

End of story, stop your whining, move on.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Agreed...or have extremely unrealistic and unreasonable expectations of professional athletes..

Dtowers

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":4pjqhndn said:
Then you have never made a critical play in competitive sports.

End of story, stop your whining, move on.

Dude esports don't count.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Deion Sanders talked all kinds of smack before and after the game - two Super Bowl rings.

So did Michael Irvin - three Super Bowl rings.

Warren Sapp talked smack and once went skipping merrily across the field through the opposing team as they were stretching, to taunt them - one Super Bowl Ring.

Shaquille O'Neal once said on Leno that the San Antonio Spurs were a "WNBA team." During most of Shaq's tenure in Los Angeles, the Lakers owned the Spurs.

Smack is a part of the game. At least Sherman waited until after the game. He wisely knew that talking smack on your opponent before a game can backfire. Case in point, Crabtree talking smack on him.

I also remember in 1994 when the Cowboys were hosting the 49ers in November. On the Tuesday before the game, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin were interviewed, and they were grinning, laughing, talking about how much better they were, having won two rings together and owning San Fran. They were at home. No way they were losing, and they grinned and mugged for the camera and said so. What happened? 49ers punked them.

Sherman responded moments after The Tip. Those losers who say that since there were a few minutes where 9ers burned their timeouts and Russell did the victory formation that Sherm had enough time to "simmer down." BS! The man was on fire after that moment. Give him his due.

Tom Brady whining that "we win graciously." Kiss my green-and-blue backside, homie. You'll be saying grace at home on Super Bowl Sunday.

Seahawks are a wonderful mix of players, wild men like Sherman, wrecking balls like Beast, class acts like Russell. We embrace them all as if they were our own children. Sherman fought hard to get here. Let the man have his day.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Different people have different ways of showing their emotions. Some wear it on their sleeves , other just keep it for themselves. That's what makes life so interesting. I would NEVER have done what Sherman did (and I played competitive sport), but I absolutely understand. I have had teammates who did it and that was ok.
The NFL is one of the most competitive profession in the world. For us it is entertainment. For some of these guys, it is their Livelihood and that of their children, family.
Their window of opportunity to maximize their income is very short. Every minute counts, every moment matters.
Sherman wants to maximize his value and hopefully be paid. He has worked hard and has proven it.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I'm behind him all the frickin way !!
We all we got we all we need!

CPHawk

Reaction score
It's funny espn is acting like trash talk is new, but the greatest corners ever have also been some trash talking fools. Remember the slap fight between Rice and Sanders, this isn't new it's just twitter and Facebook blowing it up.

djb28

Reaction score
Tom Brady whining that "we win graciously."

Spygate.

Your coach and his loser attitude just tried to make the world believe that little Welker went across the middle to take out a man twice his size.

Piss off.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Great quote from David Shaw on Sherman (per Wilner):

"Bill Walsh said you want guys with high character who are great players and great people. But every once in a while, you have to line up and defend Jerry Rice. And the guy who does that has to be on the edge. That's where Richard is."

hoxrox

Reaction score
Not mad at him, just didn't like the way he put himself before the team.

It's like dude, you just made it to the SuperBowl, you have the stage in front of millions of viewers, and the first thing that enters his mind is his personal feud with another player?

I get the adrenaline, the heat of the moment, but he went on and on about this in subsequent interviews.

PC talked to him about it, and I'm glad he apologized for it today.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Not mad, but not happy about it either. Gotta stand behind your guys when Pete breeds them to be themselves. End of story.

Crabhawk

Reaction score
There's a reason that there is normally a 10 minute cooling off period before the media gets a shot at interviews. This is the reason. It was raw and real and uncomfortable because he was about as jacked as a man can be. John Lynch was on Rome this morning and said some great things about Sherman and what that state of mind is like at the end of the game where you just made the play to send your team to the Super Bowl. If the rest of the media wants to pitch a fit about it, ok. It's that sort of thing that the Seahawks feast on.

kidhawk

Reaction score
What I find hilarious is how everyone is all over Sherman for basically just being loud in stating some facts, and none of them are willing to even dig into it a little to see where the actual history of it comes from. I mean if the story is at all true about what happened at a charity event then that would make Crabtree a much bigger Jackhole IMO

Also, why make such a big deal about a guy hyped up right after a game winning play in the BIGGEST game of his career thus far, and also making such a HUGE deal about the time when the Steelers coach Tomlin got CLOSE to interfering with a play, yet nary a peep about a guy taking a cheap shot on Lane when he was ran out of bounds? Seems like certain folks have their minds made up and aren't overly happy about the way things went

The Radish

Reaction score
The press is lying like hell with this and the story that fans threw food on Bowman in the tunnel.One guy threw a hand full of popcorn and its a deluge.

:141847_bnono:

OrFan

Reaction score
The Radish":1n1cjfop said:
The press is lying like hell with this and the story that fans threw food on Bowman in the tunnel.One guy threw a hand full of popcorn and its a deluge.

:141847_bnono:

After he was showing such class himself taking a Seahawks fan's sign and ripping it up pregame. I don't agree with dogging an injured player in any way, but perhaps a bit of a reality check? People like to blow things way out of proportion.

Axx

Reaction score
you can tell who has and who hasn't played football by their reaction to sherman