This, by no means, makes up for the SB XL hosing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donk70

Reaction score
We still got hosed 8 years ago, but this dominance feels good.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
They are two separate events, mutually exclusive. This should be Seattle's second Lombardi. That said, it makes this championship that much sweeter. So sweet!

Lady Talon

Reaction score
It informs us on what happened in XL. We did get bad calls that limited our scoring in XLVIII but it didn't matter as we were determined to steamroll Denver.

We were good enough to shrug off the calls in XLVIII because we smacked them in the mouth instead of taking it. Not to mention our depth was as developed as our starters.

strohmin

Reaction score
Of course this doesnt make up. We decided to take the game this time, so its not like we were given this game. There is no way to make up for that.

swissvale72

Reaction score
With all due respect, how long are you going to bellyache about a game in which all of the calls, with the exception of the Hasselbeck low block, were legit....and yes, I realize that the lamebrained official issued an apology some years later. The Roethlisberger TD, the OPI on Jackson, the hold on Lochlear, were all proper calls.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
To be honest, i was immediately able to let it go the second i realized that this dream was coming true. Once that happened, it seemed SO much less important. I know weve got our first, and with John schnieder and pete as well as russell i feel better than average odds this wont be our last.

On a side note, cant wqit for RAIN CITY REDEMPTION

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Everyone has the right to say how they feel about SB XL.

I have moved on.

On a side note, I thought the refs called a very good game last night.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Nothing can or will ever "make up" for or "fix" or excuse what happened at XL. It was quite simply the worst screw-job in bigtime sports since Munich '72. There's forgetting that.

I'd be lying if I said this didn't take away some of the sting, though. :)
swissvale72":34p3qw2d said:
With all due respect, how long are you going to bellyache about a game in which all of the calls, with the exception of the Hasselbeck low block, were legit....and yes, I realize that the lamebrained official issued an apology some years later. The Roethlisberger TD, the OPI on Jackson, the hold on Lochlear, were all proper calls.
This is your first-ever post on this site? This is the best you can muster? Sad.

Hawks46

Reaction score
It goes a long way for me.

XL was a screw job for sure, but looking at both teams; this team would've steamrolled Pissburgh even with the bad calls. They are mentally tougher than our 05 squad, the bad calls wouldn't phase them.....we've had them this year too (although not in the SB).

swissvale72

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":1pq65b44 said:
Nothing can or will ever "make up" for or "fix" or excuse what happened at XL. It was quite simply the worst screw-job in bigtime sports since Munich '72. There's forgetting that.

I'd be lying if I said this didn't take away some of the sting, though. :)
swissvale72":1pq65b44 said:
This is your first-ever post on this site? This is the best you can muster? Sad.

Oh....I can do better than that, Viva...but I've been warned pre-emptively by the moderator to be nice, so that's what I'm doing, lest the 8-year bellyaching turn into a full-fledged weep session.

swissvale72

Reaction score
Hawks46":lm8cnt8o said:
It goes a long way for me.

XL was a screw job for sure, but looking at both teams; this team would've steamrolled Pissburgh even with the bad calls. They are mentally tougher than our 05 squad, the bad calls wouldn't phase them.....we've had them this year too (although not in the SB).

That's a great argument '46....would be like saying that the Steelers of the '70s would've beaten this year's Seahawks team.

Again though....other than the low block call on Hasselbeck, which call in '05 was bad?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
swissvale72":1ydp50wz said:
Hold on Locklear (check spelling ace) was an INCORRECT and BAD call and John Madden said as much when viewing the replay as the color commentator when the call was made. You do not know more about football than John Madden meaning you sir, are wrong. The other calls can be argued but there is ZERO argument about that call and it was the one call that hurt the Hawks in XL* the most.

As for my feelings on whether this makes up for XL*, my answer is 'no'. It helps ease the pain that's for sure, and like Hawks46 said this team would've hammered that Pissburgh team. But it doesn't erase those feelings and never will. Walter Jones, Matt Hasselbeck and the rest of the guys on that team deserved a more reasonable opportunity to win that game and they were not allowed that.

swissvale72

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2yr942ae said:
swissvale72":2yr942ae said:
Hold on Locklear (check spelling ace) was an INCORRECT and BAD call and John Madden said as much when viewing the replay as the color commentator when the call was made. You do not know more about football than John Madden meaning you sir, are wrong. The other calls can be argued but there is ZERO argument about that call and it was the one call that hurt the Hawks in XL* the most.

As for my feelings on whether this makes up for XL*, my answer is 'no'. It helps ease the pain that's for sure, and like Hawks46 said this team would've hammered that Pissburgh team. But it doesn't erase those feelings and never will. Walter Jones, Matt Hasselbeck and the rest of the guys on that team deserved a more reasonable opportunity to win that game and they were not allowed that.

So because John Madden says so, it's true? The same John Madden, that 35 years later, still wasn't able to lay the Immaculate Reception to rest. Sorry....but I'll go with what my eyes tell me. Lochlear was holding Clark Haggens, had been doing so repeatedly, and probably should have been flagged for it earlier.

For what it's worth (probably not much), I was rooting for your team last night...and thoroughly enjoyed their beatdown of Peyton Manning and the Doncos. Love that defense!!

Status
Not open for further replies.