Legion Of Boom nickname.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I could SWEAR that the name was developed here on .NET. I believe that name came from the 2011 season and it went viral. Am I right or wrong here? If I am right, is there an archived thread here on the board?

SeahawkFrost

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2lkhdy3y said:
I could SWEAR that the name was developed here on .NET. I believe that name came from the 2011 season and it went viral. Am I right or wrong here? If I am right, is there an archived thread here on the board?
I believe the name came about on Kjr radio after a legion of boom member was on the radio.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If I have my facts correct, it came during an interview with Kam on the Brock and Salk show. A fan called in and offered the name over the air after Kam mentioned how he likes to bring the boom. No idea if that caller/fan was a .NET regular. You would think he would have said so in here by now.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Aros":1cpug5p1 said:
If I have my facts correct, it came during an interview with Kam on the Brock and Salk show. A fan called in and offered the name over the air after Kam mentioned how he likes to bring the boom. No idea if that caller/fan was a .NET regular. You would think he would have said so in here by now.

It was actually the Bob and Groz show, they had an interview with Kam Chancellor where they asked him about some of the nicknames that callers/texters had come up with in their "contest" to name the DB group. A while back I did a bunch of research and laid it all out in chronological order on here with links to the radio audio. I'll try to find it and link to it but I don't feel like going through and finding it all again and making another post.

Maybe one of the Mods can find it more easily??

halfrack

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1p1dym63 said:

I had thought so as well. I know I read it here. Thought it was posted in a post asking about a new name for our defense. I have no idea where the poster heard it. When I first read it I thought the "legion of boom" was kinda lame due to it was a comic book reference/rip-off. Not so lame anymore though.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
DJrmb":xgcafmet said:
Aros":xgcafmet said:

It was actually the Bob and Groz show, they had an interview with Kam Chancellor where they asked him about some of the nicknames that callers/texters had come up with in their "contest" to name the DB group. A while back I did a bunch of research and laid it all out in chronological order on here with links to the radio audio. I'll try to find it and link to it but I don't feel like going through and finding it all again and making another post.

Maybe one of the Mods can find it more easily??

I stand corrected, you are right. Bob and Groz. Also, the NET member who coined the term is Kbar03.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I was thinking this the other day when watching the WH speech and hearing Obama reference the 'legion of boom'. Thought it was pretty cool to have the POTUS saying a phrase coined by a guy who posts here.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The guy that invented it didn't even register on .NET until more than a year after he came up with it and texted Bob & Groz. As much as we might like to collectively take credit as a forum family or say that a .netter invented it, I think that's a bit disingenuous.

Just my :twocents:

Hate away...

ZagHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2y8hrvb3 said:
The guy that invented it didn't even register on .NET until more than a year after he came up with it and texted Bob & Groz. As much as we might like to collectively take credit as a forum family or say that a .netter invented it, I think that's a bit disingenuous.

Hate away...

I'm still pushing for Richard Sherman's nickname to be "blanket" Sherman

:mrgreen:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1m6ecngh said:
RolandDeschain":1m6ecngh said:

Hate away...

I'm still pushing for Richard Sherman's nickname to be "blanket" Sherman

:mrgreen:
I love what the 49ers fans call him, personally. Dick Sherman. They hate him so much, and I think of "Dick Sherman" in such a positive, trolling, affectionate way. :179417: