Vernon Davis: Russell Wilson is the best QB in the NFL...

DavidSeven

Reaction score
...Kaep excluded.

I think among the 31 NFL quarterbacks who don’t throw me passes, Russell Wilson is the best. He’s got all the tools; ability to keep the play alive, and he’s very accurate with a strong arm. He exemplifies what it takes to be a winning QB in the NFL. If you asked me to choose based on record and experience, I’ll take Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, but in terms of right now, my pick is Wilson.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/06/16/vernon-da ... arterback/

Also calls the NFC Championship Game the greatest game he's ever played in and says Seattle's coverages aren't as simple as people say.

OP
OP
DavidSeven

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":220ksto4 said:
And he kinda has to exclude Kaep, whether he ranks him higher or lower, what with not throwing your own quarterback under the bus.

Agreed, which is why I didn't temper the thread title. He basically said Wilson is the best out of every QB he's allowed to rate.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Vernon wanna be a Seahawk so bad, mainly to avoid meeting Kam in a game setting. But this isn't the first time he's set high praise for the players on this team.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I'm sure there is a respect factor there, but I wouldn't rule out this as a tactic to help drive up Wilson's contract value, thus hurting the Seahawks.

Paranoid? Absolutely, but I just don't trust it coming from somebody in that uni. :2:

253hawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3d0k0sib said:
Strong praise. And he kinda has to exclude Kaep, whether he ranks him higher or lower, what with not throwing your own quarterback under the bus.

Despite the fact that Kaep's passes to Davis always end up in him getting murdered or so underthrown that they're picked off.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He clearly wants to play for the Hawks. He's the same one who said last year that the Hawks are "building a destiny"

lukerguy

Reaction score
For those who read the article, he said, "Of the 31 QBs not throwing me passes...." ...meaning that he would take Kaepernick 1st (that that he doesn't want to rate him).

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
lukerguy":2pymu8lr said:
For those who read the article, he said, "Of the 31 QBs not throwing me passes...." ...meaning that he would take Kaepernick 1st (that that he doesn't want to rate him).

Of course he says that, though; he needs to keep team harmony. Nobody really believes that Vernon Davis truly thinks Kaepernick's the best quarterback in the league.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I read it as excluded from the comparison. Political way of not throwing his QB under the bus. He could have just as easily said other than Keep.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Well, at the very beginning he does say....

"Welcome to my version of Monday Morning Quarterback. With Peter King on vacation, I have some thoughts on financial literacy in the NFL, the identity of the best QB not named Colin Kaepernick and the last word on that NFC Championship Game."

I wouldn't be so sure he'd be willing to switch.

Kinda funny tho that you have no prob with him taking Wilson over Manning or Brady but think he's just being nice by not including Kaep in the argument.

All well. It is what it is.

OP
OP
DavidSeven

DavidSeven

Reaction score
It's obvious that Kap is excluded from the ranking because that's what Davis has to do. It's like if you were asked which girl among your friends you think is the prettiest. The first thing you say is "well, besides my girlfriend..." That doesn't mean you actually think your girlfriend is the prettiest. It's just the disclaimer you have to make if you want to go home at the end of the day.

Davis doesn't say Kap is the best QB in the NFL. He also doesn't say he isn't the best QB in the NFL. Kap is simply excluded from this ranking because that makes sense.

For all intents and purposes, Davis called Wilson the prettiest of the bunch.

OrFan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":mh9kbtnh said:
Kind of funny how much time you spend on a SEAHAWKS board.

:lol:

Just messin

That's because he has a lot of free time now, since he gave up on spending it all trying to get all the tarnish off of their antique trophies.