Seahawks.net Ring of Honor

Northhawk

Reaction score
Les's passing made me think of all of those who have come and gone on this site over the years. Many are still like Aros and all current & past mods. And many have made an impact in their own way.

It would be a shame to let their memories and contributions go unrecognised. Maybe we could create a new forum just to commemorate long time members who have made Seahawks.net what it is today -- the best damn forum in the NFL.

We could have topics on each with bios about when they were active and what their contribution was. Members of the board could be free to post a topic nominating someone and we could have votes. Hell, we could even have Best Troll just for kicks.

We could call it Seahawks.net Ring of Honor. Just an idea.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
.Net Ring of Honor. Start with some initial members and each year have a vote for who gets inducted.

acer1240

Reaction score
I do not like this.

If I ever saw Steve Harper's name on the same list as my great friend Les Norton's I would get really upset.

Its a nice thought and sentiment but if I had a vote I'd say no way in hell

acer1240

Reaction score
My emotions are high right now so maybe I spoke in haste. Still trying to digest this. Sorry if I offended you guys.

If there were a .net hall of fame he'd be co-charter member (with Todd) in my mind.

This is one giant family here. We all know who is who and who does what. We know that Les was everyone's father here. We know that Todd Breda is the founder. We know that most of us stay up way later than we should waiting for Kearly's "Random Thoughts" threads. We know Roland is an Apple fanboy :)

No need for a hall of anything. We all already know

Just my 2 cents.....

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
acer1240":28ln8uij said:
My emotions are high right now so maybe I spoke in haste. Still trying to digest this. Sorry if I offended you guys.

If there were a .net hall of fame he'd be co-charter member (with Todd) in my mind.

This is one giant family here. We all know who is who and who does what. We know that Les was everyone's father here. We know that Todd Breda is the founder. We know that most of us stay up way later than we should waiting for Kearly's "Random Thoughts" threads. We know Roland is an Apple fanboy :)

No need for a hall of anything. We all already know

Just my 2 cents.....
Your intention is fine but I already know Les is a RoHer he was the ONE guy that vetted me after I was banned from another site he visited when .Net was hacked around 2 years ago.

OP
OP
N

Northhawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":mpo0z3pg said:
.Net Ring of Honor. Start with some initial members and each year have a vote for who gets inducted.

Duly noted and great idea. See edits to the original post.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
HawkFan72":10ufl4fz said:
As long as Les and Todd are the first inducted, that's all I need to know.

This made me think of a .net Hall of Fame. A section of .net dedicated to these fine gentleman and others who've passed that bled blue and green and contributed to making this site what it is today!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I think what's meant here is that it would be good to have a way to memorialize specific members, which Les deserves. I don't think he would want it if it meant excluding others and this making them 'less' a part of the forum (or in sesrch of the special HoF honors) however.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":ftanlolg said:
I think what's meant here is that it would be good to have a way to memorialize specific members, which Les deserves. I don't think he would want it if it meant excluding others and this making them 'less' a part of the forum (or in search of the special HoF honors) however.
^ Truth.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think it's a wonderful idea, members like Cheinell that I will bet at least 70 percent of the forum never heard of. A fan and board member that was such a great man and human being that Les made it a point to post a remembrance thread every year for him.

There have many such people that have been part of this family. Few that have contributed on the level of Les and Todd, but worthy of remembering for the special people they were and have been. Hawkstorian being another that was a major contributor for a long time and a staff member and now a member that posts occasionally but is still considered a very influential part of the community.