Zach Miller had ankle surgery EDIT: CONFIRMED

Laloosh

Reaction score
No bueno. Hope Luke's been working on his blocking.

Silentwander

Reaction score
How long will Zach be out? He is a big helper for Britt. I think it won't be same without Miller but I hope Willson or Helfet is able to take his place and do well job.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
seahawksfan28":1b0w194e said:
I would be ok with Gonzalez, but does he want to come out of retirement?

Just ok? I'd be almost ecstatic. Still, I don't see him coming out of retirement to play in an offense with low TE production like ours. Would be a great redzone threat though.

Laloosh

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3a5h6w6t said:
This would be a major loss. Zach does a lot for this offense.

Neither Willson nor Helfet can fill his role as an in line blocker.

Bad news.

Yeah, feels like a bit of a game changer considering his import from a blocking perspective. Scary thought.

Laloosh

Reaction score
ludakrishna":309k64uo said:
Will we see Bailey at TE like the playoff last year?

Usually the case when we go heavy or near the goal line but do you want him there starting a drive from our own 20?

I think Luke and Justin just have to step up.

kidhawk

Reaction score
This one does sting. Lots of outsiders look at his lack of offensive stats and think we don't really need him so much, but his blocking abilities are yet to be matched on this team. He does a lot that never shows up on a highlight reel. I do hope we can get someone to step up, and if not, Wilson will have to have extremely happy feet in the coming weeks.

OP
OP
seahawksfan28

seahawksfan28

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3ihy96mk said:
seahawksfan28":3ihy96mk said:
I would be ok with Gonzalez, but does he want to come out of retirement?

Just ok? I'd be almost ecstatic. Still, I don't see him coming out of retirement to play in an offense with low TE production like ours. Would be a great redzone threat though.

Yeah I would still just be OK. He is a fantastic pass catcher but how is he going to hold up blocking at his age? Plus no training camp, no knowledge of our specific offense. It would take him a couple weeks to even get up to speed in my opinion. By that time Zach might be back so it may be a wash.

Basis4day

Reaction score
If the major concern is losing pass blocking ability, why is everyone suggesting pass catching TE like Gonzalez and Finley as replacements?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Wow.......this sucks. We are gonna miss his ability to block. Man, for the last few seasons, our bye week has always brought some bad news with it.