Interesting Offensive Stat on the Brock and Salk Show

Abach

Reaction score
In 2013, the Seahawks ran 6 run plays for every 4 passing play. In 2014, It has been EVEN. Why the **** have they changed the philosophy that got them a superbowl victory?!? :pukeface:

themunn

Reaction score
That's a made up stat right?

Otherwise, given Wilson had over 400 pass attempts and 40+ sacks, we must have run the ball well over 2000 times last year

Vetamur

Reaction score
We did not run 80% of the time last. I forget the number but its something like 55%.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
509 reg. season runs- 54%
420 pass att.- 46%

I don't think there has been a 5/1 ratio since the leather helmet days.

Ozzy

Reaction score
It was closer to a 60/40 split. I heard the segment and think you heard it wrong. Regardless the basic premise is right. We have gotten away from what we need to do which is run the football more often.

pehawk

Reaction score
I heard that stat too. It was paired with another stat; "the Seahawks are 7-0 every time Ryan throws his baby into a lake".

pehawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":xq36ibr4 said:
pehawk":xq36ibr4 said:
I heard that stat too. It was paired with another stat; "the Seahawks are 7-0 every time Ryan throws his baby into a lake".

So you just weren't near a lake yesterday, or what? :|

Well, no, I was near my little lake out the back here. Thing is, all the baby tossing has lead to invasive milfoil infestations. Who knew babies spread milfoil?

I would like to hear the real stat here.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
The question is whether Seattle cannot run the ball vs. choosing not to run the ball. If you cannot run the ball, that is an entirely different problem, vs. playcalling or choosing to not run the ball.

I don't want to look or feel like SF, where they refuse to experiment and expand or develop their QB and in crisis mode, they just turn and hand the ball to Frank Gore or whomever and try to win games just with their defense 16-13........The question is who can develop or expand their offense and who will not. SF or SEA are similar and as long as we get a lead and have our secondary, SF or most teams will not or cannot beat Seattle by passing the ball.

Seattle will be fine and get back to it's identity but there is no sense in running Marshawn Lynch into the ground with 400+ touches by giving him 30+ carries a game in September and October......does anyone actually think Demarco Murray, with a high history of injuries, is going to continue to average 30+ touches a game for 16 games and then ring up another 30 or 60 in the playoffs????? There is an ability to be smart about how you play offense in September and October, while the weather is still not a factor and you are not playing in drizzle, rain, cold, etc.....That is when your defense is better, you run the ball and get back to basics....as the weather changes, the teams that are better and are pacing themselves, will win out.

I think there is a better question that states, is this what we saw the team attempting to do in pre-season?? The answer is YES and it's really the best way to explain it. I think it was the way to beat Denver and we handled a very good Green Bay team....we have played 4 playoff teams in 5 weeks and many would argue those 4 teams are the top 5 or 6 teams in football....Do we really have to sweep all 4 teams, without fans here, having an identity crisis....??

November and December, Marshawn will be fresh and carry the offense and return to the identity of what we want to see. You have to expand horizons to avoid getting boxed in. We can definitely discuss playcalling more than anything else, or how they use Harvin or the lack of creative passing plays....but not concerned at all.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1qxukuw3 said:
volsunghawk":1qxukuw3 said:
pehawk":1qxukuw3 said:

So you just weren't near a lake yesterday, or what? :|

Well, no, I was near my little lake out the back here. Thing is, all the baby tossing has lead to invasive milfoil infestations. Who knew babies spread milfoil?

I would like to hear the real stat here.

Sounds like you need a LakeMaid: http://www.lakerestoration.com/p-14-lakemaid.aspx

It's a bit of an investment, but it's the least you could do to allow the baby tossing to continue. Be a team player, Ryan.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Bevell would surely tell you that those short passes to Harvin are merely long handoffs just as it was done in Minny.
Dallas game planned perfectly. Our OC got too fancy, our offense was MIA and our defense couldn't make plays when it needed to. Dallas had several long 80+ yd drives.
This was NOT Seahawk football.

pehawk

Reaction score
Seahawks are also 0-1 when that Scottish infidel, Cdallan, comes to Clink. Just look at his grin, he knew it...

Apologies for not throwing my baby AND not maiming him when I had the chance.

IMG 20141012 082822 zpsa2c2f8f3

volsunghawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1w39wr23 said:
Seahawks are also 0-1 when that Scottish infidel, Cdallan, comes to Clink. Just look at his grin, he knew it...

Have you considered throwing your baby AT the filthy Scotsman? That might be just the outside-the-box solution the team needs.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":yen2rtj4 said:
420 pass att.- 46%

This is the real stats from 2013 regular season. Looked it up and everything

themunn

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1matn1zl said:
420 pass att.- 46%

That doesn't allow for sacks or broken pass attempts that turn into QB runs. I reckon we call very close to 50/50

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2cj3rs89 said:
pehawk":2cj3rs89 said:

Have you considered throwing your baby AT the filthy Scotsman? That might be just the outside-the-box solution the team needs.
Naw, problem was that the Scotsman left his lucky kilt at home. Baby had nothing to do with it. Always the foreigner's fault don't you know?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Abach":1kh4v1ep said:
. Why the **** have they changed the philosophy that got them a superbowl victory?!? :pukeface:

Take your pick

A. Worse O-Line
B. Trying to incorporate Harvin
C. WR's aren't blocking downfield as well
D. Worse defense that's not giving the ball to the offense to run more
E. No big leads to grind out the clock in 4th quarters
F. Playing better teams so far who are geared up to stuff the run
G. Playing teams who are geared up to beat the SB champs

Other than incorporating Harvin, the philosophy hasn't changed...........but everything else I mentioned above has.

Latest posts