The Santa Clara 49ers implosion is imminent!

Weadoption

Reaction score
If you take away troll memes and passive aggresive jabs there won't be an internet.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Fan boards consist of people that want to discuss issues, vent, annoy or amuse.
Same shit different board, everywhere you look.
Have u seen the Green Bay hate? It is lol.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":1ttd39m3 said:
Thought it was assumed that I wasn't talking about you, Marv. People like lvinginmopetown however, have been relegated to passive aggressive jabs and corny ass memes as their only contribution to the board though. It's much more prevalent on Niner boards but that's to be expected. My point, is that many of your fellow Niner fans have all but given up on the team and the "are we headed for the dark ages" polls over there are a perfect example.

Rather than say "well, we didn't quite get there but let's see how these guys do", they just spend their time hoping that Seattle will fall on their collective faces.

Oh, I know you weren't pointing that at me directly.

Just set me off on a tangent. No worries. :)

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Marvin49":1qm33563 said:
original poster":1qm33563 said:
Expectations have certainly been lowered dramaticly which is no doubt a good thing for them, in reality they will definitely meet or exceed expectations. I'd love to hear from a genuine 49'ers fan what W/L ratio they expect this season.

To be honest I really have no expectation.

I don't mean that to sound as if they will be bad, but more that I really don't have any idea what to expect.

From both a coaching and personnel perspective, they haven't so much traded the good for the bad as traded the known for the unknown.

Can Tomsula and staff be as good as Harbaugh and staff? Harbaugh and staff were pretty damn good so on the surface it seems to be a resounding no....but Harbaugh had a blind spot for Greg Roman. As much as Seattle fans and ALOT of Niner fans want to heap the blame on Kap, Roman did very little to help that offense go over the last two years. Roman is an OUTSTANDING run game coordinator, but not much of a pass game coordinator. There is a reason Roman only coached the run game at Stanford and will do the same in Buffalo.

Can Geep Chryst be better than that? Dunno.

On defense it would appear to be a downgrade from Fangio to Mangini.

Can Carlos Hyde, Kendall Hunter, and Reggie Bush make up for the loss of Frank Gore? Frank is my all-time favorite Niner so I don't want to to sound like I am minimizing his loss, particularly in the locker room. However, Frank hasn't really been the Frank we remember for a few years now. Hyde has a juice to him that Frank may never have had...tho last year he seemed to lack Franks vision and patience.

We'll see.

WR? I think adding Smith is exactly what they've needed for a few year now...finally a guy to vertically stretch the field.

There are SEVERAL other positions where I can go into the known vs unknown conversation.

So the best way I can answer your question is "I have no idea". 6-10? 12-4? Neither result would be more surprising to me because I have no idea what to expect.

The thing I took away from this? who the hell names a kid Geep?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2uz0ft5h said:
Uncle Si":2uz0ft5h said:
\Not to argue semantics, but if it was last offseason, that was between Super Bowl appearances for the Seahawks.

Yeah, exactly. Last offseason he said the Seahawks window is going to close after the upcoming season, meaning he believed that the Seahawks' window closed with their loss to the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

As for if he's correct in that assertion or not, I don't think he is (I don't think their window has closed), but the truth his prediction is still pending, as we don't know if the Seahawks' window closed with their loss to the Patriots or not.

We do however, know that the 9ers window appears to have closed with the loss to the Seahawks in the NFCC two years ago.

So, so far, he was right on one point and the other is still pending.

I think we can probably both agree that neither of us care that much though? :lol:

:th2thumbs:

Hey Spintard, no he was predicting we would suffer through the 2014 season, not after. Go read some of his posts. the guy is a troll, plain and simple. This isn't an isolated jab, he takes shots at the Seahawks every chance he gets, He also had a meme of s ship sinking with Seahawk logos on the smoke stacks and life rafts with 12's all over them.

This guy is the shining example of the difference between .net and the web. On here you guys are allowed to be trolls and voice your opinion if you are at least a little sane. The web requires practically stabbing your fellow fans in the back.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Laloosh":2egno0ae said:
............People like lvinginmopetown however, have been relegated to passive aggressive jabs and corny ass memes as their only contribution to the board though............

RichNhansom":2egno0ae said:
..........he takes shots at the Seahawks every chance he gets, He also had a meme of s ship sinking with Seahawk logos on the smoke stacks and life rafts with 12's all over them...........

Which is why I said he's one of the worst posters on this site and that's what started the whole last page and a half of discussion. Stuff like the 1-2 avatar is so tired. Again, the Hawks have been to 2 straight Owls and won one. Frisco hasn't won a championship in 20, that's TWENTY years and this douche is talking shit about the Seahawks? God does he know how ridiculous that looks?

As for the "window closing" on Seattle, I'm going on record as saying that isn't gonna happen for quite a while........in the neighborhood of 10 years.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RichNhansom":15jfpxo3 said:
Hey Spintard, no he was predicting we would suffer through the 2014 season, not after.

Okay, well then you summarized the timeline incorrectly. Whatevs. No biggie.

RichNhansom":15jfpxo3 said:
Go read some of his posts. the guy is a troll, plain and simple. This isn't an isolated jab, he takes shots at the Seahawks every chance he gets, He also had a meme of s ship sinking with Seahawk logos on the smoke stacks and life rafts with 12's all over them.

This guy is the shining example of the difference between .net and the web. On here you guys are allowed to be trolls and voice your opinion if you are at least a little sane. The web requires practically stabbing your fellow fans in the back.

Yeah, I've read variations on this post from you many times over, but it doesn't have anything to do with what I said. :th2thumbs:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":bq629toe said:
Which is why I said he's one of the worst posters on this site and that's what started the whole last page and a half of discussion.

Which is one of the big differences between the modding style on the webzone and here. When equivalent Hawks fans do the same thing on the Webzone they're banned instantly, whereas here those discussions and hammerings of the trolling are allowed to happen. You'd NEVER see a page and a half of a thread all about one poster there. It just wouldn't happen.

I personally much prefer the modding style here (unless it's just way out of hand let people police themselves and each other, and let conversations flow in and out of topics naturally), but it's got to be one or the other.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This odd desire to dance on each other's graves ignores the fact that a good Niner team has been extremely beneficial to the Hawks.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Scottemojo":u10ef73s said:
This odd desire to dance on each other's graves ignores the fact that a good Niner team has been extremely beneficial to the Hawks.

Pretty good point.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Ambrose83":aheu7t9a said:
Marvin49":aheu7t9a said:
original poster":aheu7t9a said:
Expectations have certainly been lowered dramaticly which is no doubt a good thing for them, in reality they will definitely meet or exceed expectations. I'd love to hear from a genuine 49'ers fan what W/L ratio they expect this season.

To be honest I really have no expectation.

I don't mean that to sound as if they will be bad, but more that I really don't have any idea what to expect.

From both a coaching and personnel perspective, they haven't so much traded the good for the bad as traded the known for the unknown.

Can Tomsula and staff be as good as Harbaugh and staff? Harbaugh and staff were pretty damn good so on the surface it seems to be a resounding no....but Harbaugh had a blind spot for Greg Roman. As much as Seattle fans and ALOT of Niner fans want to heap the blame on Kap, Roman did very little to help that offense go over the last two years. Roman is an OUTSTANDING run game coordinator, but not much of a pass game coordinator. There is a reason Roman only coached the run game at Stanford and will do the same in Buffalo.

Can Geep Chryst be better than that? Dunno.

On defense it would appear to be a downgrade from Fangio to Mangini.

Can Carlos Hyde, Kendall Hunter, and Reggie Bush make up for the loss of Frank Gore? Frank is my all-time favorite Niner so I don't want to to sound like I am minimizing his loss, particularly in the locker room. However, Frank hasn't really been the Frank we remember for a few years now. Hyde has a juice to him that Frank may never have had...tho last year he seemed to lack Franks vision and patience.

We'll see.

WR? I think adding Smith is exactly what they've needed for a few year now...finally a guy to vertically stretch the field.

There are SEVERAL other positions where I can go into the known vs unknown conversation.

So the best way I can answer your question is "I have no idea". 6-10? 12-4? Neither result would be more surprising to me because I have no idea what to expect.

The thing I took away from this? who the hell names a kid Geep?

LOL.

Nickname.

George Patrick Chryst or
G.P. Chryst or
GeeP Chryst.

:)

TAB420

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1nbmhc1u said:
RichNhansom":1nbmhc1u said:
Hey Spintard, no he was predicting we would suffer through the 2014 season, not after.

RichNhansom":1nbmhc1u said:
Go read some of his posts. the guy is a troll, plain and simple. This isn't an isolated jab, he takes shots at the Seahawks every chance he gets, He also had a meme of s ship sinking with Seahawk logos on the smoke stacks and life rafts with 12's all over them.

Yeah, I've read variations on this post from you many times over, but it doesn't have anything to do with what I said. :th2thumbs:

RichNhansom idea of a troll is anyone who sticks up for their team or says anything not geared toward how great Santa Clara is.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2pl625hk said:
RichNhansom":2pl625hk said:

I'll try and simplify this for you since you seem to be struggling to grasp it.

I copied and pasted the entire quote from him. Lets break it down.

From last off season in the "the Santa Clara 49ers implosion is imminent" thread:

Posted by lvnginhwktwn:

I with Marv on this one. This is a waste of time arguing you're comparing apples to oranges. Do I think Seattle has the makings to be a dynasty, no. I think they had the opportunity the last three years including this one to win a couple of SB's but I think their window is going to close after this season, just like ours, at least for while. Next year they will be faced with some big decisions, keep or trade Lynch, is RW worth the money they will need to pay him next year. I think like us there will be Cap issue's and a shuffling of players that may make SB runs for either of our teams something we wont see for the next couple of years.

You can read it for yourself. He even goes into the following year referencing RW's future contract. Pretty obvious without much confusion he was predicting we would decline last year. Think about it really, who would predict two years down the road in that scenario?

TAB420

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2ebahfb5 said:
Popeyejones":2ebahfb5 said:
Uncle Si":2ebahfb5 said:
\Not to argue semantics, but if it was last offseason, that was between Super Bowl appearances for the Seahawks.

Yeah, exactly. Last offseason he said the Seahawks window is going to close after the upcoming season, meaning he believed that the Seahawks' window closed with their loss to the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

As for if he's correct in that assertion or not, I don't think he is (I don't think their window has closed), but the truth his prediction is still pending, as we don't know if the Seahawks' window closed with their loss to the Patriots or not.

We do however, know that the 9ers window appears to have closed with the loss to the Seahawks in the NFCC two years ago.

So, so far, he was right on one point and the other is still pending.

I think we can probably both agree that neither of us care that much though? :lol:

:th2thumbs:

Hey Spintard, no he was predicting we would suffer through the 2014 season, not after. Go read some of his posts. the guy is a troll, plain and simple. This isn't an isolated jab, he takes shots at the Seahawks every chance he gets, He also had a meme of s ship sinking with Seahawk logos on the smoke stacks and life rafts with 12's all over them.

Spintard? I don't think any name that makes fun of mental retardation is funny.

TAB420

Reaction score
Here is the way one of their own see it going down for us this year.

Quote:

furthermore most of the offense is generated by RB (lost veteran center & prolly will lose others to FA/injuries and lynch isn't going to do well this year with age+back pain from steroid use esp since he wanted to retire)

expect seahags to plummet to the bottom of the division and everyone questioning how wilson even got into the nfl...every team with long playoff runs eventually experiences off seasons and seatles is goin to last for a long time

Ha Ha....This right here.... :34853_doh:

Laloosh

Reaction score
TAB420":2s5f4cpn said:

Quote:

furthermore most of the offense is generated by RB (lost veteran center & prolly will lose others to FA/injuries and lynch isn't going to do well this year with age+back pain from steroid use esp since he wanted to retire)

expect seahags to plummet to the bottom of the division and everyone questioning how wilson even got into the nfl...every team with long playoff runs eventually experiences off seasons and seatles is goin to last for a long time

Have ya read that post about Wilson's 2-9 record against teams scoring 24+? Pretty funny. I think they've found the basis for every argument they ever will have over the next 5 months. Unfortunately someone is explaining how bad their logic is. I'm sure they'll find some emoticons to throw at his argument.

TAB420

Reaction score
Yes, it's funny. I thought Lisatwelve and another hawk fan , crushed what they were trying to prove. But of course, it was ignored and they kept posting like it never happened. They live in their own little world.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Laloosh":3m0dgttk said:
TAB420":3m0dgttk said:

Quote:

Have ya read that post about Wilson's 2-9 record against teams scoring 24+? Pretty funny. I think they've found the basis for every argument they ever will have over the next 5 months. Unfortunately someone is explaining how bad their logic is. I'm sure they'll find some emoticons to throw at his argument.

In his 2 full seasons as a starter kaepernick is 2-9 when teams score 23 points or more, which is actually worse.

Laloosh

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2odgvbkl said:
Laloosh":2odgvbkl said:
TAB420":2odgvbkl said:

Quote:

In his 2 full seasons as a starter kaepernick is 2-9 when teams score 23 points or more, which is actually worse.

I wouldn't argue it either way. It's a stupid statistic.