The Johnny Football Stinkfest

canfan

Reaction score
The evolution of Manziel

Johnny Football -> Johnny Bench -> Johnny Rotten

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ringless":583i1psx said:
The Patriots scouting report of him are spot on!

http://deadspin.com/leaked-internal-sco ... 1574040417

Qutes from scouting report the season leading up to the draft... Spot on?

"Will never take football seriously enough for our coaching staff, he'll hate meetings, will have to drag him to work out, etc. The definition of the word maintenance."

Teammates don't dislike him, but there's some resentment, more so in the offseason when he isn't coming to workouts and they are busting their butt.

JL 10/15 - Suspended first half of TXRI game for autograph scandal. Couple of TXTC sources say can't yell/scream at him or he shuts down; has walked away from Kingsbury in the past. Has an avg. work ethic, came to 4 of 32 summer '13 workouts, and quit going to in-season workouts late in '12. Doesn't study the game, said to know about 60% of the offense in '12, never watches film; one source said only time he watched film during '12 was before ALUN

Seems to enjoy putting himself in situations where he knows attention will follow him (TXUN frat party during summer). CONCERNS: Off-field behavior, cockiness, maturity
And this is why the Patriots are in the elite. That just shows you how good their scouting is, kudos I say.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":wwp2yce7 said:
ringless":wwp2yce7 said:

"Will never take football seriously enough for our coaching staff, he'll hate meetings, will have to drag him to work out, etc. The definition of the word maintenance."

Teammates don't dislike him, but there's some resentment, more so in the offseason when he isn't coming to workouts and they are busting their butt.

JL 10/15 - Suspended first half of TXRI game for autograph scandal. Couple of TXTC sources say can't yell/scream at him or he shuts down; has walked away from Kingsbury in the past. Has an avg. work ethic, came to 4 of 32 summer '13 workouts, and quit going to in-season workouts late in '12. Doesn't study the game, said to know about 60% of the offense in '12, never watches film; one source said only time he watched film during '12 was before ALUN

Seems to enjoy putting himself in situations where he knows attention will follow him (TXUN frat party during summer). CONCERNS: Off-field behavior, cockiness, maturity
And this is why the Patriots are in the elite. That just shows you how good their scouting is, kudos I say.

Good point, MizzouHawkGal. Nice example of thorough scouting of a player. Reading stuff like this makes me appreciate what the Seahawks have in Russell Wilson all the more. While Manziel may be more talented than a lot of players, I could see him falling the way of Matt Lienart with his head. He's not humble. Biggest obstacle to Manziel being a great QB is Johnny Manziel. Unfortunately for him it's something that can't be taught. It comes intrinsically.

Maulbert

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3ve6obyf said:
MizzouHawkGal":3ve6obyf said:
ringless":3ve6obyf said:

Good point, MizzouHawkGal. Nice example of thorough scouting of a player. Reading stuff like this makes me appreciate what the Seahawks have in Russell Wilson all the more. While Manziel may be more talented than a lot of players, I could see him falling the way of Matt Lienart with his head. He's not humble. Biggest obstacle to Manziel being a great QB is Johnny Manziel. Unfortunately for him it's something that can't be taught. It comes intrinsically.

If Wilson stood next Manziel, Manziel might have an inch on him, but Wilson would seem at least two feet taller.

HHawk121

Reaction score
I kind of expected this. His attitude, paired with his college playstyle doesn't translate well to the NFL, in my opinion. He made a lot of big plays in college running around like a wreckless Russell Wilson, but just threw the ball up for grabs to his receivers. No poise from the kid.. All my opinion of course, but I just don't see him being successful in the NFL.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
hawkfan68":2b8y2ui5 said:
While Manziel may be more talented than a lot of players, I could see him falling the way of Matt Lienart with his head. He's not humble. Biggest obstacle to Manziel being a great QB is Johnny Manziel. Unfortunately for him it's something that can't be taught. It comes intrinsically.

Manziel will only dream of being half the quarterback Matt Leinart is when it's all said and done.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Manziel might be the worst NFL quarterback in the past 15 years. Imagine if Jerry Jones had gotten his way.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":1e3ixb8p said:
Manziel might be the worst NFL quarterback in the past 15 years. Imagine if Jerry Jones had gotten his way.
I wanted it to happen so bad I guess that's why it didn't.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Glad this is happening to Manziel, a prick so cocky and full of himself. I mean at least do something in the NFL before you act like you are amazing... he was incredibly overrated coming out of college and his stats were inflated by throwing up jump balls to Mike Evans.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Ryan Leaf 2.0. The only thing left is a stint in a Washington prison for drug possession and burglary as well as time rehabbing in Canada.

ringless

Reaction score
"Josh McCown is firmly entrenched as the starting quarterback in Cleveland, to the extent that Johnny Manziel, a first-round pick of the Browns' next year, appears to be largely an afterthought at Organized Team Activities.

After reporting on the first week of OTAs, Tony Grossi of ESPN Cleveland describes Manziel as "a fish out of water" in the offense the Browns are installing. Grossi writes that the Browns don't seem to be developing Manziel so much as they're moving on from him.

At the practice the media were allowed to watch, Manziel seemed to eager to run and not confident enough in his passing. And Grossi reports that one source who witnessed another practice says Manziel was actually even worse in a session that the media didn't see.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... m-manziel/

I honestly can't wait for this kid to be out of the league. I don't think there is a single thing I like about him as a human being or a football player.

ringless

Reaction score
http://nypost.com/20...proved-manziel/

It sounds like Browns have no use for unimproved Manziel
By Justin TerranovaMay 29, 2015 | 1:32pm:

Teammates have raved about a more determined Johnny Manziel off the field, but it appears not much has changed on the field.
ESPN Cleveland reports that Manziel resembled the same quarterback who struggled mightily in two starts last season for the Browns. This is no great surprise being that it’s May and Manziel spent over 10 weeks of his offseason in rehab for an undisclosed substance. But here’s the description from ESPN’s Tony Grossi on how Manziel played this week:

‘The only day media were allowed in to view one of the three OTA practices, Manziel looked unchanged from his rookie year. He was not assertive with knowing where to go with the ball and ran too much for an OTA practice. A person who witnessed a practice after the open media session said that Manziel was worse the second day.’

More damning than Manziel’s performance on the field is the description of how the Browns are viewing his competition with Josh McCown. The veteran quarterback — with 13 years of mediocrity on his resume — provides the steadiness the Browns desire.

Cleveland and coach Mike Pettine plan to win games by running the football and depending on their defense.
“My focus is just how good can I be at decision-making,” McCown said before OTAs began. “Just holding myself to a high standard, where it never puts us in a bad situation and the defense is always playing with favorable fields. That’s what I hope people see as we move into the season.”
McCown has 61 touchdowns to 59 interceptions in his career to go along with 6.63 yards per attempt average.
Manziel doesn’t sound like the answer right now, but the solution doesn’t sound too appetizing, either.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I am hoping Jerruh picks him up after he gets cut, and with Romo's history of back problems it's likely he's see playing time with *allas. 8)

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Why do BUST's like this clown and god boy Tebow get so much media attention and even attention here? I don't see any other 4th string bubble camp arm qb's getting the same??

ringless

Reaction score
I can't wait for the rest of the details to come out. Manziel just is too immature and can't be unsupervised for a minute.