Packers DESTROYING Philly

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Last week someone on this board was all over Sanchez's jock. I scoffed then, and my vindication I'd already here

rjdriver

Reaction score
Lord help the team that has to play up in Lambaeu (sp)in January. If they get HFA throughout, they will be tough to stop.

NINEster

Reaction score
rjdriver":2npkyd4w said:
Lord help the team that has to play up in Lambaeu (sp)in January. If they get HFA throughout, they will be tough to stop.

The Packers haven't won a home playoff game in a long time. Their last playoff win as a team was Super Bowl 45.

I don't know their playoff history off hand for 2008 and 2009, but they were a road team the whole way in 2010 (Eagles, Falcons, Bears). So if they haven't won a home playoff game in 2008 or 2009, then go back to 2007 divisional game as their last home win (they lost to the Giants in the champ game that year).

Patriots had a lot of mystique in the playoffs but before they crushed Tebow in the 2011 playoffs, their last playoff win prior to that was the 2007 AFC Championship Game. Missed playoffs in 2008, one and done against Ravens in 2009, and then knocked out by the Jets in 2010.

It's very possible that the last time the Packers had HFA and went to the SB was probably 1997.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
NINEster":jj69wnn6 said:
rjdriver":jj69wnn6 said:

The Packers haven't won a home playoff game in a long time. Their last playoff win as a team was Super Bowl 45.

I don't know their playoff history off hand for 2008 and 2009, but they were a road team the whole way in 2010 (Eagles, Falcons, Bears). So if they haven't won a home playoff game in 2008 or 2009, then go back to 2007 divisional game as their last home win (they lost to the Giants in the champ game that year).

Patriots had a lot of mystique in the playoffs but before they crushed Tebow in the 2011 playoffs, their last playoff win prior to that was the 2007 AFC Championship Game. Missed playoffs in 2008, one and done against Ravens in 2009, and then knocked out by the Jets in 2010.

It's very possible that the last time the Packers had HFA and went to the SB was probably 1997.

Packers did beat the Vikings in the playoffs 2 years after super bowl 45 in the wildcard round. They have lost to the 49ers and Giants at home in the playoffs since then. However, their team looks better as the year is going on. They have a top ten pass D, and since Matthews started playing inside lb their run D has been better. They MAY have what it takes to be a complete team this year.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":16i9bfel said:
Last week someone on this board was all over Sanchez's jock. I scoffed then, and my vindication I'd already here

Sanchez had a few awfully bad plays yesterday but he also made a number of good ones as well. The Eagles were down 17-0 before you knew it and the typically run heavy gameplay had already long floated out the window. The Eagles became very one dimensional and as such, Green Bay knew exactly what was coming.

It was an ass kicking of humongous proportions and there is no doubt about that but the Packers are doing that to everybody at home right now, plain and simple. For those who tossed out Sanchez and his performance against Carolina two weeks ago because they are "a terrible team" but then immediately want to shove it down his throat for yesterday where the defense couldn't stop anything, I'd say that is an odd way of going about it but to each their own.

I think Sanchez will be fine game manager going forward. He's not the second coming of Christ or anything like that but he can do enough to keep them in tight games. Either way, the Eagles clearly need to find their QB of the future in the draft next year because I don't think Foles or Sanchez are it.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":31oh1t9p said:
That's a lot of words to make it sound like Sanchez isn't a bottom 5 QB...all time.

Well then you guys should come right into Philly and do what GB did in a few weeks then.

Congratulations on your win. What do you think, 47-3 Hawks probably?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
xkj1985x":146proch said:
Sarlacc83":146proch said:
That's a lot of words to make it sound like Sanchez isn't a bottom 5 QB...all time.

Well then you guys should come right into Philly and do what GB did in a few weeks then.

Congratulations on your win. What do you think, 47-3 Hawks probably?

The Eagles could run all over Seattle for all I know. But Sanchez still sucks, and if you think I'm wrong about the above statement, go ahead and prove it.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
There's a lot of hyperbole when it comes to Mark Sanchez. I can tell you he wasn't the reason they gave up 53 in that game.

There are far worse QBs in the NFL-- Geno Smith being one. As a backup QB, he's decent. With a strong running game, offensive line, and defense, he has played well in the past, leading the Jets to two consecutive AFC Championship games with very solid play. I think he'll continue to play fine for the Eagles. Nothing spectacular, just slightly below average.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I should be a little more specific in that I mean QBs who had many, many opportunities to ruin their team and weren't just straight out of the league as low draft choices. Sanchez occupies territory along with Leaf and J. Russell, and he's done it for 4 years now.