49ers and Buccaneers being investigated by DEA

pehawk

Reaction score
Good for them. I hope whomever drew the short straw to raid the Bucs facility has a strong immune system (MRSA).

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":3npmj2y7 said:
Several teams were apparently checked, all of them on the road this week.

True. Focus was on those two (according to FBI).

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":3gvba7pp said:
sc85sis":3gvba7pp said:

"The spot checks were done by investigators from the federal Drug Enforcement Agency. They did not target specific teams, but were done to measure whether visiting NFL clubs were generally in compliance with federal law. Agents requested documentation from visiting teams' medical staffs for any controlled substances in their possession, and for proof that doctors could practice medicine in the home team's state."

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1k9j9erq said:
pehawk":1k9j9erq said:
sc85sis":1k9j9erq said:

"The spot checks were done by investigators from the federal Drug Enforcement Agency. They did not target specific teams, but were done to measure whether visiting NFL clubs were generally in compliance with federal law. Agents requested documentation from visiting teams' medical staffs for any controlled substances in their possession, and for proof that doctors could practice medicine in the home team's state."

Marvin - do you have twitter? Or, internet? I'm not lying to just be a dick.

DEA and FBI stated, on the record, they paid particular interest to the 49ers and Bucs training staff.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... nspections

(sigh)...

A federal law enforcement source said agents were particularly interested in questioning the medical staffs of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the San Francisco 49ers. Tampa Bay played a road game against Washington on Sunday and San Francisco visited the New York Giants.

They waited until those teams we're on the road, is the story on twitter. But, maybe you're right, it's a conspiracy by Seahawks fans. I've infiltrated ESPN.

You get me those posts you owe me yet?

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":3orujzjr said:
Marvin49":3orujzjr said:
pehawk":3orujzjr said:
sc85sis":3orujzjr said:

Marvin - do you have twitter? Or, internet? I'm not lying to just be a dick.

DEA and FBI stated, on the record, they paid particular interest to the 49ers and Bucs training staff.

Not trying to be a d*ck either but everything on my twitter feed says it was a "random" check.

If you can show me a link that says those two teams are the focus of the investigation, I'll believe you. I have yet to see that.

homerun1970

Reaction score
:stirthepot: Marvin can get you those posts only if you allow him to type about other teams using 49er colors.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":wlfmb5a9 said:
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11886404/drug-enforcement-administration-stages-surprise-nfl-inspections

(sigh)...

A federal law enforcement source said agents were particularly interested in questioning the medical staffs of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the San Francisco 49ers. Tampa Bay played a road game against Washington on Sunday and San Francisco visited the New York Giants.

They waited until those teams we're on the road, is the story on twitter. But, maybe you're right, it's a conspiracy by Seahawks fans. I've infiltrated ESPN.

Didn't say anything about conspiracy. Just don't think those two teams are the focus of the investigation. They may have focused on those teams THIS WEEK, but I'd guess this isn't the last "random" inspection.

Its based on the player lawsuit against the league.

At this point though...I think its just semantics we are arguing.

As for you posts I owe you...

...you'll be waiting a long time. I post what I like, not what you think I "owe" you. Get over it.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":3bb4mz8m said:
pehawk":3bb4mz8m said:
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11886404/drug-enforcement-administration-stages-surprise-nfl-inspections

(sigh)...

Didn't say anything about conspiracy. Just don't think those two teams are the focus of the investigation. They may have focused on those teams THIS WEEK, but I'd guess this isn't the last "random" inspection.

...you'll be waiting a long time. I post what I like, not what you think I "owe" you. Get over it.

LOL, oh, I see. Do you have a link to your thought that this was a random search?

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":24q2hene said:
Marvin49":24q2hene said:
pehawk":24q2hene said:

(sigh)...

LOL, oh, I see. Do you have a link to your thought that this was a random search?

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN · 1h1 hour ago
49ers comply with random DEA inspection before leaving stadium and returning home.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-c ... inspection

Cam Inman ‏@CamInman · 1h1 hour ago
#49ers confirm their medical staff complied with DEA "random inspection" and "the team departed the stadium as scheduled."

Honestly, I think we are arguing semantics.

They obviously focused on those two staff TODAY, but I'm pretty sure there is a much wider net. May have had to do with one team in NY and the other in DC. Who knows.

Maybe the Niners got caught red-handed...no idea...just don't particularly think the two teams checked today were the main focus of the investigation.

homerun1970

Reaction score
The DEA didn't do it in SC due to the fact the 49ers didn't have any DEA or FBI agents moonlighting as security to do the checks.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
homerun1970":xdtx9rvy said:
The DEA didn't do it in SC due to the fact the 49ers didn't have any DEA or FBI agents moonlighting as security to do the checks.

People in glass houses.......

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Have we thought about putting all the niner fans on ignore?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
If you contributed outside of this, it'd be cool.

Marvin49

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... icalities/

"According to the source, the DEA has been threatening to crack down on this practice for several years. It’s unknown whether the physicians targeting in Sunday’s surprise inspections (the teams included the 49ers, Buccaneers, and Seahawks) had prescription medication in their possession, or whether those medications were distributed in a state other than the state where the physician is licensed."