Maiocco: Whispers of 'something big' coming after beatdown

ringless

Reaction score
I saw this exact post posted on the webzone by Sofaking.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/video_content ... -beat-down

I wont post the same poll.

However if I am SF I think the biggest disappointment is the coaching staff. There is still some talent on that team and it's not being utilized at all. I always thought the coaches they hired/promoted etc were the wrong choice.

What do you guys think?

I personally think SF could be competitive as early as next year and a possible contender with the right moves. It's not as bad as it seems. But the coaches have to go. They have talent, they have cap space. They just need the right coaching.

A fish rots from the head rots from the head down. Lots of issues in the FO that have seeped down to the playing field as a result

Laloosh

Reaction score
Forget the coaches. Here's their owner making the decision about what the big change should be...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32297-1379600349-21.gif

RedAlice

Reaction score
BIG change?

Isn't one of their problems how many BIG changes they have already had?

Laloosh

Reaction score
I think they bench Kaepernick and tank the season for a draft pick btw.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Laloosh":2lks79a9 said:
Forget the coaches. Here's their owner making the decision about what the big change should be...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32297-1379600349-21.gif

This made me LOL!

BlackSabbath

Reaction score
What changes is he talking about? This is the change that the SF owner wanted. Changed Harbaugh and coaching staff which triggered a max exodus of players signalling vote of no confidence. This is the bed he made now sleep in it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":1pjqbncm said:
I saw this exact post posted on the webzone by Sofaking.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/video_content ... -beat-down

I wont post the same poll.

However if I am SF I think the biggest disappointment is the coaching staff. There is still some talent on that team and it's not being utilized at all. I always thought the coaches they hired/promoted etc were the wrong choice.

What do you guys think?

I personally think SF could be competitive as early as next year and a possible contender with the right moves. It's not as bad as it seems. But the coaches have to go. They have talent, they have cap space. They just need the right coaching.

A fish rots from the head rots from the head down. Lots of issues in the FO that have seeped down to the playing field as a result

They need a new right side of the O-Line and another pass rushing OLB.

That wouldn't fix all their ills, but it would go a LONG way to a return to respectability.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
Trade? Maybe VD? He seems to be unhappy. boldin too.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Mike 4G":2bse73gi said:

VD doesn't want to be traded, but I'd say there's a chance he gets shipped anyway. Almost seemed like he was being showcased last night for possible trade. He's not a part of their future.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":14mdd1gr said:
Mike 4G":14mdd1gr said:

VD doesn't want to be traded, but I'd say there's a chance he gets shipped anyway. Almost seemed like he was being showcased last night for possible trade. He's not a part of their future.

Shipping off a TE that hasn't done much in two and a half years doesn't seem like a big change.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":3r33v783 said:
Marvin49":3r33v783 said:
Mike 4G":3r33v783 said:

Shipping off a TE that hasn't done much in two and a half years doesn't seem like a big change.

Wasn't suggesting that was the "big change", just commenting on Mike 4Gs post.

VD has heard the rumors and said today he'd bee very upset if he were traded.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":6rme21vo said:
Laloosh":6rme21vo said:
Marvin49":6rme21vo said:
Mike 4G":6rme21vo said:

Ah, I didn't know about the rumors. Lazy reading on my part perhaps.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
Marvin49":3bydehct said:
Laloosh":3bydehct said:
Marvin49":3bydehct said:
Mike 4G":3bydehct said:

Yea, just taking a shot in the dark. The only thing major change I can think of is QB or coach change.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Maiocco followed up the "big changes" post with an interview with Davis about potentially be traded, so I think that's all the tea leaves we need to read.

In terms of its effect on the field I agree this wouldn't be a big change, but Davis has been a 9er for decade now, and although not really that important it would be another opportunity for a round of big "end of an era" pieces about the 9ers that really started with Willis' retirement.

chris98251

Reaction score
A big change, Kep would be obvious, but anyone that knows anythng knows he is not going to change what is wrong with the 49ers, Coaching or Front office would be my guess. Davis won't bring a change either, it will just bring one less weapon to the table at this point, 10 yr vet may be a need fill for a team that needs immediate help at that position but they are not going to give a top pick for a guy that the 49ers iniate a deal for. Again how does that really help the now situation.

York isn't going away, the 49er demise would be on Baalke's shoulders, gets rid of Harbaugh, loses multiple impact players for a lot of reasons, that is on his shoulders, his hire of Tomfoolery is his guy, if I remember he also was doing the asst coach hiring.

With all that who is really the blame, two people Baalke for his judgement or York for his trust in Baalke, so who is going to go?