Could we use A.Johnson or A .Boldin?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I just saw that both of them are still without a team,I wouldn't mind seeing one sign with the Hawks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":32hs4qhp said:
I just saw that both of them are still without a team,I wouldn't mind seeing one sign with the Hawks.
A year or two ago yes, now, no thanks.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Think we are pretty set at WR..although Boldin fits the team in a sense. Stay young!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Boldin on the Hawks I find kind of intriguing. It would be more intriguing if Graham ends up on the IR with a week 8 designation to return.

Also, oddly, although their games are entirely different the way the Hawks use ADB and would be best served using Boldin is a bit redundant.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I would love Boldin, but not at the expense of taking reps away from Lockett and Richardson.

Agree with Popeye though that Baldwin/Boldin on the same team is pretty redundant.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Johnson is out of juice.

Though I am a big fan of Boldin and his game lends itself to aging well; I'd always be in favor of having Anquan on any squad.

sutz

Reaction score
I suppose we "could" use one of them, but why? We're one of the youngest teams in the league and we're in the playoffs every year, with 2 SB trips under our belt. Why bring in a couple of old guys that would just take reps from our own guys. It's not like we need anyone from outside to bring in "playoff experience" or "super bowl winning attitude."

I don't see a huge upside to this idea.

:229031_shrug:

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":19wlnh11 said:
Couldn't everyone use a. johnson?
:lol: :lol: :lol: I knew I should have just gone by the last names.Anyway I didn't say I wanted either but hey they are both strong and tall WR's that I could see being used in certain situations.I would take Boldin he's an NFC guy who is a gamer that doesn't rely on speed.

naholmes

Reaction score
There's no point bringing in a veteran to serve as a 4th WR as they barely use any 4 receiver sets.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
No.

We have good system guys entering their primes as starters. Lockett is just flat better than either of those two and he's the clear successor to one of Baldwin/Kearse when they move on.

We have youth at the ready in the 5th/6th options. And with this team, whomever is the 4th/5th receiver absolutely is going to have to contribute on special teams. Neither vet in question provide any measure of that.

Our WR corps is really quite solid. We're going to be stashing guys we don't want to lose already on the PS.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I was on a flight from Rome to London with Anquan last week. I didn't say anything to him or anything but I thought if there was a thread to share that in this would be the one.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Boldin seems like a natural seahawk, I don't see how he's not better than Kearse tbh

Maulbert

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3lwfuifm said:
Boldin seems like a natural seahawk, I don't see how he's not better than Kearse tbh

I don't know why, but I feel like Boldin has always been undervalued, especially considering his production and the fact that he has been successful everywhere he has been.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":ob0hsmgs said:
I was on a flight from Rome to London with Anquan last week. I didn't say anything to him or anything but I thought if there was a thread to share that in this would be the one.

Rome to London ?

If you can afford that trip, you better get your ass to a game soon.
Beer is on me :{)

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
pmedic920":1zx2uhld said:
If you can afford that trip, you better get your ass to a game soon.

You're right. Pretty much the same price anyway.

canfan

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2ge51cxn said:

Because the Hawks have such a stellar record when it comes to bringing in big name WR's who are past their prime? If Pete and John think its worth a look, I suppose so, but I'd rather look for young hungry guys than vets who are at or near the end of the line. I view those moves as taking away reps from players who need the experience.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Baldwin, Kearse and Lockett are our starters and I see neither of these guys pushing one of our starters out of the rotation. Not to mention we already have strong depth pushing for playing time like PRich and Kasen.