Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Browns trade for Tyrod Taylor

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Browns trade for Tyrod Taylor
Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:17 pm
  • For a mid round pick. Frees them up to draft other positions.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Re: Browns trade for Tyrod Taylor
Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:31 pm
  • For pick #65? Wonder why they just didn't go after McCarron, Keenum, Bradford, Bridgwater in free agency?

Or better yet, why didn't they trade for Jimmy Garoppolo last season.

Browns gonna Browns I guess.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:56 pm
  • Tyrod is really underrated. What has McCarron done that makes anyone think he can be an NFL starting QB? I wouldn't want any part of Bridgewater after that injury, and Bradford isn't reliable. I like Keenum but I think his price will be higher than what it took to get Tyrod.

People forget Tyrod nearly came into the CLink a couple years ago and beat us. Think he dropped like 30+ points on us, not many QBs can say that.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:42 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Tyrod is really underrated. What has McCarron done that makes anyone think he can be an NFL starting QB? I wouldn't want any part of Bridgewater after that injury, and Bradford isn't reliable. I like Keenum but I think his price will be higher than what it took to get Tyrod.

People forget Tyrod nearly came into the CLink a couple years ago and beat us. Think he dropped like 30+ points on us, not many QBs can say that.

Browns are going to take a QB #1 overall. There's going to be very good talent at #65 this year. I'd even add Josh McCown to the list of free agents for the Browns to chose from.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:27 pm
  • Go look at all the players that Scott has been a part of bringing in to his teams.

I would not doubt him.

I suspect even though he is a draft guy and not a GM, some of his fingerprints are on all these not very Browns like moves.

Remember all our best players got here under his watch.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:43 pm
  • The best qb the browns have had in 25 years.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:44 pm
  • Tyrod is terrible but I guess better than Kizer.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:14 pm
  • Taylor is better than all the FA QBs save for Cousins. He’s maybe one or two spots above Andy Dalton for me: a solidly average starting QB who people say sucks because we don’t have language to talk about average starting QBs.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:13 pm
  • Tyrod is a ho hum somewhat efficient, low variance QB. He doesnt make catastropic mistakes regularly but he also doesnt go off into his own universe of awesome, there isnt a 2nd or 3rd gear.

Itll be interesting to see what role he plays there but the browns could do worse in giving an opportunity to a player who has mountains of fan doubt piled upon him.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:54 pm
  • He'lll have a good OL, some good receivers and draft that Barkley kid and I'd say it's a damn good offense, which I wouldn't mind seeing at Seattle.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:14 am
  • That offense, assuming they now take Barkley 1 overall, could be amazing. It could also fall apart in a hurry, but the potential would be intriguing at the very least.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:48 am
  • massari wrote:For pick #65? Wonder why they just didn't go after McCarron, Keenum, Bradford, Bridgwater in free agency?

Or better yet, why didn't they trade for Jimmy Garoppolo last season.

Browns gonna Browns I guess.

They tried to get Garoppolo and the Bengals backup. With Jimmy G, they just got stiffed. With Mcarens or whatever, their gm failed to file paperwork in time for the trade.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:52 am
  • Tyrod is a good QB and fits Hue’s mobile QB style. They can let a rookie QB learn while being actually competitive on offense this year.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:27 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Tyrod is really underrated. What has McCarron done that makes anyone think he can be an NFL starting QB? I wouldn't want any part of Bridgewater after that injury, and Bradford isn't reliable. I like Keenum but I think his price will be higher than what it took to get Tyrod.

I think he almost beat us...
    evergreen
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:02 pm
  • Browns could look defense/RB in the first round. The crop of QBs aren’t anything amazing and kinda deep for the talent there. Imagine if they can shuffle down a little and get Chubb, Vea and a pick. A potential great DL, some talent on the backend and there’s a bevy of RBs this year. Like most of the final teams last year, a strong D carried them.
    lobohawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:07 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information