Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Can we please get Eric Reid

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Can we please get Eric Reid
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:42 am
  • It might at least take some of the sting out of losing some of our key guys in the secondary.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Re: Can we please get Reid
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:44 am
  • I would like to have him, but his concussion history is a bit of a concern
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:47 am
  • Might be a cheaper option than Earl
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:11 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Might be a cheaper option than Earl

He has positional versatility, but in the Hawks’ scheme he’s better as a Kam replacement than Thomas replacement.

He’s a very good player— a smart player and team leader too.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:01 pm
  • I said this in another thread, he's the logical pick up. You move McDougald to fs, Reid to ss. It's not Earl and Kam but knowing you can get at min a 1st+ for Earl plus that tandem. Sign up Suh and we're still a solid defence. Sounds like he's not getting any offers but is also not ready to concede to a lower offer either, he tweeted the other day about people saying he could be had cheap because nobody is making offers due to politics are part of the problem. It'll be interesting to see how his situation plays out but given the honey badger signed cheap I wonder where he'll fall on the payscale.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

Re: Can we please get Eric Reid
Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:53 am
  • I am all for signing Reid for 1-2 years contract.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:25 pm
  • hes not even good. why would would you pay money for this guy? give me cheap and young, not old and busted.
    IrishNW
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:57 pm
  • IrishNW wrote:hes not even good. why would would you pay money for this guy? give me cheap and young, not old and busted.

are you kidding me? he's 26 hardly old and he's a solid strong safety in the Chancellor mold, perfect fit in this system. Great in the box and can cover, showed lots of versatility for the 9ers. It Earl is moved, he makes a lot of sense, you can move McDougald over and let Reid take over ss and wouldn't break the bank.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:27 pm
  • Does he take away a compensatory ?
    If yes then we will NOT sign him , that's just the way it works folks
    Many other fish in the SEA
    Go Hawks
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:01 am
  • hawxfreak wrote:Does he take away a compensatory ?
    If yes then we will NOT sign him , that's just the way it works folks
    Many other fish in the SEA
    Go Hawks

Eric Reid > 4th round comp pick from Graham.

Though they already have Bradley Mcdougald, Maurice Alexander, Delano Hill, Tedric Thompson and might look to draft one.
    Last edited by massari on Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:07 am
  • flmmkrz wrote:
    IrishNW wrote:hes not even good. why would would you pay money for this guy? give me cheap and young, not old and busted.

are you kidding me? he's 26 hardly old and he's a solid strong safety in the Chancellor mold, perfect fit in this system. Great in the box and can cover, showed lots of versatility for the 9ers. It Earl is moved, he makes a lot of sense, you can move McDougald over and let Reid take over ss and wouldn't break the bank.

This guy made the 49ers less of a disaster than it actually was. The whole team was in disarray but as a professional, Reid did his job. It has nothing to do with an now-ancient rivalry football-wise. Hope we do get him
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Starter

Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:50 am
  • 26 is old??? :?
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:09 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:26 is old??? :?

In the NFL? Yes. But mostly it depends on injury history and concussions.

Marcus Tubbs was an elite DT, Hawks run D was phenomenal when he was on the field. But his knees wouldn't let him.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:17 am
  • massari wrote:Eric Reid > 4th round comp pick from Graham.

Though they already have Bradley Mcdougald, Maurice Alexander, Delano Hill, Tedric Thompson and might look to draft one.

This is the reason the Hawks will not look to sign Reid. He would have been a perfect fit to replace Kam but looks like the team is going a different direction.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:04 pm
  • Hes honestly better than maurice alexander
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:45 pm
  • Personally I hope the 'hawks don't sign him because I like Reid ALOT.

The only reason SF isn't making a push to resign him is Jaquiski Tartt. If Tartt stays healthy he may be a star. Thats also why all those Derwin James draft prediction drives me nuts but that another story. "Niners may lose Eric Reid so they will be looking for a replacement". No numbnuts, they aren't resigning Reid because they really like Tartt. Sigh.

Anyway, he simply doesn't have a spot anymore in SF. Niners tried to play him as an OLB just to get him on the field but he didn't like it.

He does have a concussion history and sometimes takes poor angles, but the dude can play. Somebody is going to sign him and be very glad they did. I would love it if the Niners would resign him but they won't pay 8 mil for a backup when the starter is on his rookie deal.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:36 pm
  • The dude is obviously getting black listed like Kaeperdink

He knows it too because he is now stating that he won’t kneel during the anthem anymore.

In my opinion, he chose his path and now he has to walk it.
    AF_BASS_MAN
    NET Rookie

Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:51 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:Personally I hope the 'hawks don't sign him because I like Reid ALOT.

The only reason SF isn't making a push to resign him is Jaquiski Tartt. If Tartt stays healthy he may be a star. Thats also why all those Derwin James draft prediction drives me nuts but that another story. "Niners may lose Eric Reid so they will be looking for a replacement". No numbnuts, they aren't resigning Reid because they really like Tartt. Sigh.

Anyway, he simply doesn't have a spot anymore in SF. Niners tried to play him as an OLB just to get him on the field but he didn't like it.

He does have a concussion history and sometimes takes poor angles, but the dude can play. Somebody is going to sign him and be very glad they did. I would love it if the Niners would resign him but they won't pay 8 mil for a backup when the starter is on his rookie deal.

Yep....the mediots are trolling Marvin. I hate it when they do that. I may have to go to the game this season to meet ya if you decide to go to the game. May bring a Ninah fan with me.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:04 pm
  • I love what McDougal did last year and don't want him to move to free safety because i don't think he's fast enough. Until Earl is gone there's no need to spend money on another safety.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:02 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:Personally I hope the 'hawks don't sign him because I like Reid ALOT.

Tart?Never heard of him..The way it is spelled how do you even say it?
    So if he gives up a bad play..Jaquiski Fartt's :lol:
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:54 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:Tart?Never heard of him..

Edit: Worth saying that I'm not nearly as locked in on Tartt being a stud as most 9ers fans are. He looked very good for the 10 games he played last year before getting injured. 10 games is 10 games, though. If across this next season he can replicate or improve on what he did across 10 games last year, then yeah, I'll fart for Tartt as loud as anybody.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:00 am
  • Reid is perfect for Seattle. Tart has usurped him, but Reid is good.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:35 pm
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:Tart?Never heard of him..

Edit: Worth saying that I'm not nearly as locked in on Tartt being a stud as most 9ers fans are. He looked very good for the 10 games he played last year before getting injured. 10 games is 10 games, though. If across this next season he can replicate or improve on what he did across 10 games last year, then yeah, I'll fart for Tartt as loud as anybody.

Fair enough, but I don't think there is any debate that his presence is a big reason why the 49ers aren't making a big effort to resign Eric Reid.

Tartts problems for a few years have been simply that the 49ers have too many safeties (Tartt, Reid, Ward, and now Colbert). Its another reason why I scream whenever I see a safety forecasted to the Niners at 9.

Even this past year...Reid started the season ahead of Tartt. Reid got hurt and couldn't get his starting job back until Tartt got hurt.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:44 am
  • ^^^

Yeah, my hesitation on Tartt has nothing to do with the plain fact that they’re letting Reid walk because of him.

And agreed on safety at 9, although them moving Ward back over to CB dents my armor a tad on hoping they don’t go safety there. I’d still prefer for them to not go safety at 9, but two guys who in total have about 16 games of good play between them (and without anything of worth behind them) makes me think that safety could definitely be in the cards.

Like the NN guys I’m hoping for Smith, as I don’t like M. Smith at all, and depending on Foster he and smith could either make an awesome duo or Smith could slot in as their 3 down MLB in the case of a Foster implosion.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:52 am
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:20 am
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

I really hope they sign him. He is a solid player and a good teammate
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Tue May 08, 2018 10:18 am

Tue May 08, 2018 11:24 am
  • MD5eahawks wrote:Looks like it may be a while before someone signs him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000931774/article/nflpa-files-grievance-on-behalf-of-eric-reid

With this bit of news out, we need to remember that the protest topic is not something we can discuss in this particular forum.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue May 08, 2018 10:52 pm
  • Eric Reid is an OK player. His great year or years if you wan to call it that were when he had an elite front 7 in front of him providing a lot of pass rush. In recent years the pass rush dropped off a lot and so has Eric Reid. Well you could say the front 7 effects every secondary guy and it does. But I don't think this guy is great on his own. He needs quite a lot around him. He has concussion concerns and some injuries as others mentioned. As a 49ers fan I would rather keep him because I think we would be thin and have less experienced guys at that position if he was gone. But he is far from perfect. He is far from an instant plug in star IMO. If that is what you are expecting I think you would be disappointed.

I honestly don't know how good he really is? He hasn't had a great team around him in recent years. That would be an understatement. Plus he has battled injuries. They even have shifted him around to different positions at times where he is less comfortable playing. So in some ways the scheme and what they have asked him to do doesn't fit him. There are just a lot of things with him. But I think people can get too over hyped about Eric Reid in general.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Rookie

It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information