Saints Looked Awesome

falcongoggles

Reaction score
With their coaches back their defense and offense looked strong. They nearly shut out the Raiders in the first half, giving up a last second touchdown (the only thing Flynn did well). The thing that I found most worrisome was how well their offensive line pass protected. I still consider our pass rush our greatest weakness and when Drew Brees had time he absolutely picked apart the Raiders. The LOB is awesome, but even they have limits when QBs have ridiculous amounts of time (see Atlanta game). Granted it was preseason, but even the announcers said they were playing at regular season tempo. We'll have a lot more information about the Saints by the time we play them. However, if pass rush does not improve, Brees is going to pick us apart.

bryantology79

Reaction score
yeah, that offense is playing like last year didn't happen. brees already has good chemistry with kenny stills and nick toon is a nice target. ingram is starting to look good as well. along with graham, moore, sproles...that monday nighter is gonna be a huge test for our D like last years game vs NE.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I'd take Seattle's D against any starting offense in the NFL, it'll be a test but you can't really shut everyone down completely anymore. Brees might get his yards but we might get our turnovers. They still got to stop beast mode as well.

kearly

Reaction score
Brees looked like he was already at his best, which is pretty impressive this early in the season. Jimmy Graham is great and Marquess Colston is alright, but I am amazed every year by the results the Brees gets throwing most of his passes to nobodies. The fact that Brees thinks that Wilson's upside is better than his own should get Seahawks fans very excited, because Wilson is loaded for bear when it comes to having weapons.

rideaducati

Reaction score
If only they played the Raiders every week... The Raiders are so bad they even made the Cowboys look good last week.

13thMan

Reaction score
Agreed..... Blaine Gabbert could probably drop 30 on that ridiculous defense...... Anybody who gets to play the Raiders this year gets the benefit of an extra bye week essentially IMO.....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Saints are my NFC sleeper pick this year to make a big run.

I know they're in the NFC South with the Falcons, but IMO with Payton back and the big ass chip on their shoulder they're going to be playing with = watch out.