Iupati to miss game (knee)

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I knew that shit was not good when the injury first occurred vs Carolina.

Dude is a tough SOB.

Injuries happen, and as long as this one is happening he should probably stay off it until 2014.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Are there any further details on his knee? Can't find anything beyond that.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^It was a sprained MCL.

If this is why you're asking: he has been expected to miss this week since Monday, and is probably 50/50 for next weeks game w/ Seattle.

Snyder (his backup) is friggin garbage, but TBF, Iupati has REALLY had a down year so far this season. He has gone from perhaps being the 9ers best lineman to probably being their fourth best in terms of performance this year (behind 1) Staley 2) Boone 3) Davis and before 5) Goodwin, who has been even worse).

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Thanks Popeyejones.

I'm undoubtedly alone here, but I'd like to see the digits turn the ship around soon, this recent rivalry has been fun and meant a lot for the division.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":3j6cp5eg said:
Thanks Popeyejones.

I'm undoubtedly alone here, but I'd like to see the digits turn the ship around soon, this recent rivalry has been fun and meant a lot for the division.

Yep, you're alone.

Laloosh

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1oxmuou7 said:
ClumsyLurk":1oxmuou7 said:
Thanks Popeyejones.

Yep, you're alone.

:thirishdrinkers:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":3p1am070 said:
Thanks Popeyejones.

No prob. :)

And yeah, I'm totally with you about the rivalry being fun and great for the division and for being a fan of our respective teams. As fans we should only be concerned if our respective fan boards ARE NOT constantly talking about each other's teams. That the obsession w/ the 9ers and # of Hawk-fan-created 9ers threads here didn't decline after those two tough losses actually made me feel better about the 9ers long term prospects ;). As Hawks fans know quite well and 9ers fans know quite well from practically the entire first decade of the 2Ks, when it comes to other fans, the only meaningful form of disrespect is being ignored. ;)

(just FWIW: As for "turning the ship around," the 9ers lost to two very good playoff bound teams by a combined four points. That's obviously going to hurt them in the long run and they'll most likely pay the price for it, but I think concern over their impending doom was overstated in all circles, just as claims of their quality after they went 5-0 and outscored their opponents 174-61 in the five games before was also overstated. As a 9er fan I've been hoping to get out of this five game stretch at 3-2 or 2-3. Starting at 0-2 obviously put them in a hole, but as long as they either beat the Rams or Seahawks in the next two weeks, I won't be that concerned, TBH).

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Popeyejones":30os85uz said:

If this is why you're asking: he has been expected to miss this week since Monday, and is probably 50/50 for next weeks game w/ Seattle.

Snyder (his backup) is friggin garbage, but TBF, Iupati has REALLY had a down year so far this season. He has gone from perhaps being the 9ers best lineman to probably being their fourth best in terms of performance this year (behind 1) Staley 2) Boone 3) Davis and before 5) Goodwin, who has been even worse).

If you want rid of him I'm sure we can give him a good home...? :th2thumbs:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HawksSoc":2ytbxkpg said:
Popeyejones":2ytbxkpg said:

Sure could :lol: :lol:

TBH I think the 9ers will probably be priced out of his services, and the same thing will most likely apply for Hawks.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":m22ev7cv said:
ClumsyLurk":m22ev7cv said:
Thanks Popeyejones.

No prob. :)

And yeah, I'm totally with you about the rivalry being fun and great for the division and for being a fan of our respective teams. As fans we should only be concerned if our respective fan boards ARE NOT constantly talking about each other's teams. That the obsession w/ the 9ers and # of Hawk-fan-created 9ers threads here didn't decline after those two tough losses actually made me feel better about the 9ers long term prospects ;). As Hawks fans know quite well and 9ers fans know quite well from practically the entire first decade of the 2Ks, when it comes to other fans, the only meaningful form of disrespect is being ignored. ;)

(just FWIW: As for "turning the ship around," the 9ers lost to two very good playoff bound teams by a combined four points. That's obviously going to hurt them in the long run and they'll most likely pay the price for it, but I think concern over their impending doom was overstated in all circles, just as claims of their quality after they went 5-0 and outscored their opponents 174-61 in the five games before was also overstated. As a 9er fan I've been hoping to get out of this five game stretch at 3-2 or 2-3. Starting at 0-2 obviously put them in a hole, but as long as they either beat the Rams or Seahawks in the next two weeks, I won't be that concerned, TBH).

:moon.:

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3awfrg8y said:
HawksSoc":3awfrg8y said:
Popeyejones":3awfrg8y said:

Sure could :lol: :lol:

TBH I think the 9ers will probably be priced out of his services, and the same thing will most likely apply for Hawks.

Really? That's interesting, would you guys not see him as a top tier guard worth paying? Or do you just see someone offering him bananas money you guys wouldn't wanna match?