Bills to Toronto?

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Just saw article on nfl.com about Jon Bon Jovi interested in the Bills but wanting them moved. What do you all think?

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
As a Canadian I would love it.

I would never jump ship from the Hawks but I would definitely cheer them on. Im a die hard Raptors, Blue Jays, and Seahawks fan but sooooooooo much of our national sports coverage in Canada is hockey. It's horrible. The NFL in Canada would be awesome.

theascension

Reaction score
Toronto doesn't even support the current cfl team there the Argonauts right now, most games are half empty even when they won the cup 2 years ago. Every year there's some rumor of the Bills moving to Toronto but it never happens.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
theascension":293r2ah9 said:
Toronto doesn't even support the current cfl team there the Argonauts right now, most games are half empty even when they won the cup 2 years ago. Every year there's some rumor of the Bills moving to Toronto but it never happens.

It's because everyone in Toronto (at least; I don't know about the rest of Canada) are NFL fans. They broadcast the same suite of NFL games as they do anywhere in the U.S. The Real Sports Bar & Grill (rated as the best sports bar in North America) is as packed for the NFL on Sunday as any big sports bar in the States.

(Moved to Toronto from the U.S. 9 months ago, which is what this was based on. It didn't take me long at all to find folks to watch the 9ers with).

lucky49

Reaction score
they would still have to be called the "buffalo" bills otherwise the name makes no sense though

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
lucky49":3ej45tlp said:
they would still have to be called the "buffalo" bills otherwise the name makes no sense though

Like the LA Lakers, Utah Jazz, Calgary Flames, St Louis Blues...

Subzero717

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":2ktus1bz said:
lucky49":2ktus1bz said:

I l'dol. Although I have no idea where the Flames started.

lucky49

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":mxzk8e7c said:
lucky49":mxzk8e7c said:

Ha. Toronto bills would make less sense than all of those though becuase "Buffalo bill" is a name, it's not like "bills" are something regional from buffalo

253hawk

Reaction score
theascension":1non3qqj said:

It doesn't even have to be the Bills. The deal with the Toronto group allows them to bid on and relocate any NFL team up for sale.

lucky49":1non3qqj said:
Hawk Finn":1non3qqj said:
lucky49":1non3qqj said:

Ha. Toronto bills would make less sense than all of those though becuase "Buffalo bill" is a name, it's not like "bills" are something regional from buffalo

'Bills' really makes no sense since they just named them after Buffalo Bill Cody. It was just play on words to name the team that because some fan that made it up thought it was really clever. Most of the animal teams really make no sense. Panthers from Carolina? Jaguars from Florida? Lions from Michigan? Bengals from Ohio? What's will all of these stupid cat teams, anyway? At least the bird teams are all indigenous to their states.

The Lakers, Jazz and Flames had obvious naming origins prior to relocation (likely kept to preserve image/identity and merchandising) and the Blues were named after a song about St Louis.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
As a Canadian...I would hate it! They can't even get people to go to Jays games or Argos....Do not do it NFL!!! Toronto would support it for a year or two...prices would be stupid for tickets..team starts to lose...people would stop filling the seats. Franchise would be a joke like the Jays and Leafs!

BASF

Reaction score
253hawk":2zo0imw0 said:
Panthers from Carolina? Jaguars from Florida? Lions from Michigan? Bengals from Ohio? What's will all of these stupid cat teams, anyway? At least the bird teams are all indigenous to their states.

The panthers (actually mountain lions, but called panthers by people in the Carolinas during the early years of the country) were extirpated from the Carolinas, but are still widely part of the legends of the area. They have had several confirmed reports of mountain lions returning to the Carolinas thanks to the widespread camera and video use nowadays.

The jaguars were extirpated from the continental United States (have made a comeback in Arizona by crossing the Mexican border), but during the Native American times they were wide spread and one of the places that had the most artifacts with jaguar motifs was in Florida. I still to this day don't understand why the names of these two expansion teams weren't reversed when they were brought in to the league, since Floridians call mountain lions panthers.

Lions doesn't really make much sense.

Bengals from Ohio is stupid, but it makes for a great helmet.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
theascension":3ue3j9f7 said:

Kind of an unfair argument. Would you rather pay money to see a cfl or nfl game? Right, me too