Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rondy Rousey ... Cris Cyborg ... any comments?

Discuss any and all other sports-related topics. From the College Sports, Fantasy Sports, Archery to Water Polo and everything in between. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Well, I guess Rousey isn't unstoppable after all. Holly Holm knocks her out in the second round to claim the title.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• rondarousey Fake ass cheap shotting fake respect fake humility b!@ch - "preacher's daughter" my ass - I see through your fake sweet act now - you're getting your ass kicked tomorrow, and I'm really going to enjoy the beating I give you

Tries to get aggro during weigh-in. Talks crap all the way up until the match. Doesn't tap gloves. Gets KTFO. Have some humble pie, b!@ch.

Holm is a 19 time world boxing champ and had the perfect strategy. Make chubby little Ronda chase her around, strike, and give no chance for counters.

God that was so satisfying seeing her get absolutely rocked.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• 253hawk wrote:
    rondarousey Fake ass cheap shotting fake respect fake humility b!@ch - "preacher's daughter" my ass - I see through your fake sweet act now - you're getting your ass kicked tomorrow, and I'm really going to enjoy the beating I give you

Tries to get aggro during weigh-in. Talks crap all the way up until the match. Doesn't tap gloves. Gets KTFO. Have some humble pie, b!@ch.

Holm is a 19 time world boxing champ and had the perfect strategy. Make chubby little Ronda chase her around, strike, and give no chance for counters.

God that was so satisfying seeing her get absolutely rocked.

You seem to be such a sad little man to reek of jealousy towards a person you don't know or have any affect on you and your life.

I'm curious about all the misplaced anger you seem to have toward her?
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties

• I can't dislike a team/player/athlete for their behavior and attitude? She disrespects her opponents both in and out of the ring, is a 9-11 truther, thinks Sandy Hook was a hoax, and thinks it was 'self defense' to brutally assault her ex because he 'kidnapped' her (somehow without laying a hand on her) yet hypocritically bemoans women-beaters while currently dating one.

She's just a nasty, arrogant person and it was enjoyable seeing her fall to someone that was her complete antithesis. Dunno where the hell you get off thinking it's jealousy. What in the world would I have to be jealous about? There's tons of MMA fans that feel the exact same way about her.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• 253hawk wrote:I can't dislike a team/player/athlete for their behavior and attitude? She disrespects her opponents both in and out of the ring, is a 9-11 truther, thinks Sandy Hook was a hoax, and thinks it was 'self defense' to brutally assault her ex because he 'kidnapped' her (somehow without laying a hand on her) yet hypocritically bemoans women-beaters while currently dating one.

She's just a nasty, arrogant person and it was enjoyable seeing her fall to someone that was her complete antithesis. Dunno where the hell you get off thinking it's jealousy. What in the world would I have to be jealous about? There's tons of MMA fans that feel the exact same way about her.

Such petty viscous jealousy is all I see. Why do you care? Nothing she does or says actually affected you and never will.

If you want to be angry why not direct it to someone or something that actually does affect you like our current government, ISIS to name a couple.
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties

• What do you care that I care? I'm not angry at all, it's just cathartic to see someone choke on their own hubris. This is like the prospect of seeing Mayweather lose or the undefeated Patriots losing to the Giants. I'm sensing you're only invested in my opinion because it involves XX chromosomes and you're misinterpreting it as some form of misogyny. I seriously doubt you'd care about my opinion if this was a fight involving two men.

I'll direct my opinions toward government and ISIS in threads about government and ISIS. This is a thread about Rousey and her over-inflated hype train which was gloriously derailed.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• 253hawk wrote:What do you care that I care? I'm not angry at all, it's just cathartic to see someone choke on their own hubris. This is like the prospect of seeing Mayweather lose or the undefeated Patriots losing to the Giants. I'm sensing you're only invested in my opinion because it involves XX chromosomes and you're misinterpreting it as some form of misogyny. I seriously doubt you'd care about my opinion if this was a fight involving two men.

I'll direct my opinions toward government and ISIS in threads about government and ISIS. This is a thread about Rousey and her over-inflated hype train which was gloriously derailed.

The overall tone of your comments is concerning. It's fine to disagree with someone on a personal level and be excited to see them lose, it's another to post incessantly negative comments when describing her, using words like "chubby" and "b!@ch" it sounds chauvinistic, akin to making g** slurs. The fact that you are getting any kind of cathartic release from seeing her lose, is ridiculous, and sadly it does come of as form of veiled jealousy.

I'm excited Rousey lost, I don't like her personality, and I feel she is overrated...

If you're gonna post in a public forum, maybe a little less vitriol would do some good.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• LOL okay...but if I call a male fighter a chubby @$$h0le, it'd probably be fine because it's a guy. Equality my ass. A fighter is a fighter, quit trying to turn this into some sort of gender discrimination.

If you're going to post in a public forum, maybe be a little less butthurt about other people's opinions or set up NetNanny to hide you from offensive things. Go look around on the internet, I'm one out of MILLIONS that has this opinion about her. And trust me, I'm using much nicer words than they are. You've got a long battle ahead if you're going to white-knight Ronda Rousey whether you're a fan of hers or not.

Yeah, she's a real class act.

https://instagram.com/p/-DMAcAhESQ/
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• :snack:
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• 253hawk wrote:LOL okay...but if I call a male fighter a chubby @$$h0le, it'd probably be fine because it's a guy. Equality my ass. A fighter is a fighter, quit trying to turn this into some sort of gender discrimination.

If you're going to post in a public forum, maybe be a little less butthurt about other people's opinions or set up NetNanny to hide you from offensive things. Go look around on the internet, I'm one out of MILLIONS that has this opinion about her. And trust me, I'm using much nicer words than they are. You've got a long battle ahead if you're going to white-knight Ronda Rousey whether you're a fan of hers or not.

Yeah, she's a real class act.

Calling a male fighter a "chubby @$$h0le" carries no derogatory connotation. Using the word "b!@ch" carries the stigma of a word that is largely used as a way to demean women. Make sense?

Just because "MILLIONS" of people share your idiocentric views and do so in a more profane manner, in no way means you are right. It means there are other ignorant people who sit inside and post there hate for people they know nothing about, because they won't touch gloves before a fight, because they have differing opinions to your own... it's lunacy
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• Depends on the person interpreting it, but that's not my problem. It can and does often apply to both sexes. 'Largely' =/= only.

Man the PC police are out in force. This is only an issue for you people because Rousey is a woman, who, ironically, gets a pass for physically assaulting a man who never laid a finger on her. And that's even worse, because she's a trained fighter who can do considerable damage with relative ease.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• I think the best solution here is for 253 to refer to a male fighter as a chubby b!@ch as well and that will end the FemNazi brigades quest for justice.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• Most of the chubby MMA males aren't really b!@ch, though. And their moms aren't threatening to run their coaches over with a car "if there weren't a law against it". Rousey and her mom are psycho hose beasts.

I think McGregor is a b!@ch, but he's a featherweight and guys in the lower weight classes are always shredded. Rousey always looks fairly cut at weigh-ins, but then ends up looking like she ate a pallet of twinkies by the time the fight rolls around. I guess to pack the weight back on the accentuate her judo technique? Because she certainly lacked the conditioning to take on a boxer.

That's another thing. No one bats an eye when someone gets called 'scrawny' or 'skinny' (which I dealt with while growing up as I have a runner's build no matter how much I eat,) but call someone a chubbo and everyone loses their minds. They're two sides of the same coin, but aren't treated even remotely the same. Being a thin, white, straight, male American is grounds for having every card in the deck being played against you these days; you aren't allowed to have an opinion about anything without someone screaming about it.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• 253hawk wrote:Most of the chubby MMA males aren't really b!@ch, though. And their moms aren't threatening to run their coaches over with a car "if there weren't a law against it". Rousey and her mom are psycho hose beasts.

I think McGregor is a b!@ch, but he's a featherweight and guys in the lower weight classes are always shredded. Rousey always looks fairly cut at weigh-ins, but then ends up looking like she ate a pallet of twinkies by the time the fight rolls around. I guess to pack the weight back on the accentuate her judo technique? Because she certainly lacked the conditioning to take on a boxer.

That's another thing. No one bats an eye when someone gets called 'scrawny' or 'skinny' (which I dealt with while growing up as I have a runner's build no matter how much I eat,) but call someone a chubbo and everyone loses their minds. They're two sides of the same coin, but aren't treated even remotely the same. Being a thin, white, straight, male American is grounds for having every card in the deck being played against you these days; you aren't allowed to have an opinion about anything without someone screaming about it.

Yes... The oppression of the white male.

Pack it in and talk about MMA
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• That's what I was trying to do before the tumblr brigade pulled me over for being too male and too jealous. Or something.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• 253hawk wrote:I can't dislike a team/player/athlete for their behavior and attitude? She disrespects her opponents both in and out of the ring, is a 9-11 truther, thinks Sandy Hook was a hoax, and thinks it was 'self defense' to brutally assault her ex because he 'kidnapped' her (somehow without laying a hand on her) yet hypocritically bemoans women-beaters while currently dating one.

What fighter or boxer hasn't been cocky, disrespectful and made controversial statements?

It's part of the hype of the sport. Ali did it, Mayweather did it, EVERY UFC fighter does it.......it's part of the game. Rousey is no different.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    253hawk wrote:I can't dislike a team/player/athlete for their behavior and attitude? She disrespects her opponents both in and out of the ring, is a 9-11 truther, thinks Sandy Hook was a hoax, and thinks it was 'self defense' to brutally assault her ex because he 'kidnapped' her (somehow without laying a hand on her) yet hypocritically bemoans women-beaters while currently dating one.

What fighter or boxer hasn't been cocky, disrespectful and made controversial statements?

It's part of the hype of the sport. Ali did it, Mayweather did it, EVERY UFC fighter does it.......it's part of the game. Rousey is no different.

ButterBean
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:32 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information