Greatest NBA Player Ever

Who is the greatest NBA player of all time?

• Michael Jordan

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • LeBron James

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Other

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters

Throwdown

Reaction score
Rat":2r3dob8v said:
Did somebody really call LeBron a selfish player? He was getting ripped endlessly last season for not being selfish enough in the fourth quarter of games.

LeBron is probably the most gifted player I've ever seen. Doesn't mean he's the best, but historically, I think he's already much better than he's given credit for.

I think thats all I'm really arguing.

FWIW I went with Jordan, I mean I rock the mans shoes for a reason.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well I would bet on Elgin Baylor over Labron 10 of 10 times. Bob McAdoo as well, why? Because they were freakishly gifted like Labron but had a killer instinct and hunger that I just don't see in him at all.

hawker84

Reaction score
for me, it's who would you want with the ball in their hands at the end of the game in a critical situation.. MJ all day.. until Lebron proves he can do it over and over again, or has the like MJ, my vote is for Jordan... and i'm talking NBA finals, not regular season....

Sac

Reaction score
hawker84":31sefq9v said:
for me, it's who would you want with the ball in their hands at the end of the game in a critical situation..

Honestly, if this is your criteria then the only correct answer is Robert Horry. Dude has more game winnings shots, and game winners in big games than ANYONE. I think he has the most rings too.

Spokane

Reaction score
The question is who is the greatest player ever...not who has the most rings or who can hit a shot with no time left.

The greatest plaer ever is Spud Webb, yeah lets see if Labron can jump 46 inches high (Labron 44 inches)

But on the for real side of things most will think that the best player in their era is #1 overall.

Again I am with peaches, Durant is better then Labron, but Labron gets WAY more hype.

I didn't get to see all the 1960s and 70's guys play so I am not even going to touch on them, But Jordon cared the most about all aspects of his game and it showed.

I would take Jordan, Bird, Durant, Kareem, Shaq and even Duncan (who gets zero love) over Labron.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Spokane":jiv4650r said:
The question is who is the greatest player ever...not who has the most rings or who can hit a shot with no time left.

The greatest plaer ever is Spud Webb, yeah lets see if Labron can jump 46 inches high (Labron 44 inches)

But on the for real side of things most will think that the best player in their era is #1 overall.

Again I am with peaches, Durant is better then Labron, but Labron gets WAY more hype.

I didn't get to see all the 1960s and 70's guys play so I am not even going to touch on them, But Jordon cared the most about all aspects of his game and it showed.

I would take Jordan, Bird, Durant, Kareem, Shaq and even Duncan (who gets zero love) over Labron.

Durant shouldnt even be in the same conversation as Lebron (yet). Maybe if you're talking about the best scorers in the NBA. But Lebron does everything else better, and its not even comparable, imo. And could probably be a better scorer then Durant if he wanted to be as well.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Larry went off the building, off the bridge, around the fire truck.... Nothing but net.

How can that not be the best?

chris98251

Reaction score
No love for Willis Reed for a player that carried his team on one leg to a championship. That was some series by the way, most heroic games I have ever seen in sports were him playing basically on one leg and Chamberlin playing with two broken hands in casts almost in one of his series as a Laker.

Oh the Reed team had Dave Debussher, Earl Monroe, Walt Frazier, and some guy named Phil Jackson.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1ougzhxz said:
-The Glove-":1ougzhxz said:
If I had to choose, I'd take KD over Bron-Bron.

This guy knows what's up. JSeahawks is still just reeling because his Blazers had the chance to draft KD (Much like with MJ), but didn't.

The fact that we could have had Jordan still hurts. I thought Oden was the right pick at the time and still do (even though obviously hindsite goes the other way). I've never really regretted not having Durant. I recognize he's a GREAT player, and he will undoubtedly win Championships, just for whatever reason i'm not in love with his game, i think he's kind of boring to watch.

The one that hurts me the most right now is that we could have had Chris Paul but chose Martell Webster instead.

A World Peace

Reaction score
You can't compare players who don't play the same position aka kobe vs lebron or mj vs lebron. It doesn't make sense. Different eras, play styles, training regime, etc. Rings matter, but they don't tell the whole story. Lebron was very fortunate to make it out of the east in 07, why? Because the east back then was jack shit. The west was by far harder because you even if you had 50 wins you might not get in, see the golden state warriors. Kobe got 5 rings, 3 with shaq and 2 with pau. Lebron got his with wade and bosh technically in their prime. MJ got his with pippen and arguably one of the best benches in basketball at that time. MJ was far dominant than kobe and lebron imo. But in terms of one vs one, MJ is the winnner no doubt. Only Kobe would be close. Lebron has more of a Magic johnson game, built like a train, and relies on his physical gifts more than any successful athlete I've ever seen. You have MJ and Kobe at 6' 8" and it wouldn't be a question who would win vs lebron. Just my 2 cents.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Kids these days!

Jordan is the best basketball player to ever live.

Magic and Bird are right behind.

Followed by greats of their eras: Kareem, Wilt, Russell, Kobe, Duncan, Dr.J, Malone, Olajuwon, Shaq, etc.

LeBron hahahahahaha. On par with George Gervin.

The Radish

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2r404kj6 said:
Larry went off the building, off the bridge, around the fire truck.... Nothing but net.

How can that not be the best?

Those were great commercials but I remember them only for the competition between Bird & Jordan. Couldn't tell you what they were selling.

:les:

BASF

Reaction score
The only person to mention the Big O didn't even get his name correct. The last name is Robertson. Oscar Robertson is the only man in history to average a triple double for a season. He was also just 0.9 percentage points combined away from achieving the feat three other seasons. If you average out his first five seasons they come out to a triple double. He was incredible.

I had a very strong hatred for Jordan as a player since it was almost always his Bulls that would bounce the Hawks from the playoffs. He was a fantastic player and it was enjoyable watching play after my Hawks were eliminated, but I don't believe he was better than Robertson.

drdiags

Reaction score
To me, Dr. J was the man. To someone else it is Bird. Or Cousy, Or Big O. Russell? Chamberlain? Jabbar? Jerry West was one bad mofo. The list goes on and on.

This argument is like asking who is the greatest Football or Baseball player of all time. Just no way of saying. Games have evolved/changed.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Look for some of the old video of Dr. J. IMO he was as good as Jordan in his ABA days.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I don't know who is the greatest (I do know MJ was the most transcending) but I do know that LeBron (Please god stop spelling it LaBron) is one of the greatest already.

Lebron is just in his prime now so it's very difficult to accurately place him. He has shown that HE can be the man and bring a team to the championship (did it by himself in Cleveland). He has shown with enough talent he can lead a team to win it all (Miami). He CAN take over a game (you're just bullshitting yourself if you don't agree).

His body, speed and size could be dominant in ANY era. Would have loved to have seen him in the late 80's/early 90s. Then again, I want to see him get multiple rings.

I agree that right now he's not the greatest, yet. Oscar, Wilt, MJ and Kareem all have a say in that. But if he finishes his career the way it has started then I easily think his name will be in the discussion if not in the lead.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Screw that...The Microwave hands down better than the entitled self-crowned King...

20110419_061.jpg

The Radish

Reaction score
SonicHawk":76u1zfsh said:
I don't know who is the greatest (I do know MJ was the most transcending) but I do know that LeBron (Please god stop spelling it LaBron) is one of the greatest already.

Lebron is just in his prime now so it's very difficult to accurately place him. He has shown that HE can be the man and bring a team to the championship (did it by himself in Cleveland). He has shown with enough talent he can lead a team to win it all (Miami). He CAN take over a game (you're just bullshitting yourself if you don't agree).

His body, speed and size could be dominant in ANY era. Would have loved to have seen him in the late 80's/early 90s. Then again, I want to see him get multiple rings.

I agree that right now he's not the greatest, yet. Oscar, Wilt, MJ and Kareem all have a say in that. But if he finishes his career the way it has started then I easily think his name will be in the discussion if not in the lead.

You must mean like Grant WistRom and Shawn Alexander. :D

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Bill Russell won even won a ring for one of his big toes, and did it while taking smoke breaks during games.

Latest posts