2013-14 EPL Season

Seabhac

Reaction score
Uncle Si":147guqga said:
Fairly disgraceful on your part to keep referencing some of the disgusting Hillsborough chants in this thread.

For all of you who aren't getting what Uncle Si is so outraged about its UK Seahawks reference to a chant that goes like this:
"Its never your Fault, Its never your fault - Always the victim , its never your fault"

This is hardly the "vile" chant that Uncle Si wants to think it is. It simply points out that Liverpool have plenty of bad stuff that they've done to be guilty of themselves. Problem with Liverpool Fans in the 80s was that they behaved like animals and then all of a sudden they started getting treated like animals. They terrorized every city they visited and caused unbelievable damage across both England and Europe. At the Heysel Liverpool tried to blame other English fans that had "infiltrated" their ranks on the deaths of the 39 Juve fans. Also they tried to say the Stadium was in "decrepit condition"This of course wasn't true as 14 Liverpool fans were convicted. Their violent behavior directly led to the introduction of fences around the Stadiums of England. The Fences played a large part in the Hillsborough deaths.

Liverpool FC rolls out the Hillborough thing every year as a huge PR campaign. By now its a huge part of the clubs marketing and makes massive profits for them. Its almost like Anfields annual Poppy day. It's become part of the clubs identity while Heysel and all they other bad shit their fans have done has been conveniently forgotten.

And that's why opposing fans sing that supposedly "vile" chant. Because nowadays modern Liverpool fans look back to the 80s and see that they were only victims - and those of us who were around then know that this is far from the truth.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
vileness towards Gate? get a grip ffs. he gives as good as he gets, and we are all quick to play nice if it gets too heated. for my part i've apologized when its too much. i did to you as well.

you continue to toss in the "its never your fault" phrase. Either your ignorant, or playing on it. there was nothing automatic in me "going to it". grow up, or atleast remember what you're on about it. I dont take it personally, but denying it is just childish. For what its worth I'm quite aware of the clubs history in terms of violence and i'm not here to excuse it. but i dont really feel it necessary to apologize for some a-holes i've never met making crude comments about a plance crash 60 years ago. I typically just ignore ignorance. i'm not their father, neighbor, friend. they support the same football team I do. what happens between the small pockets of fans that each club have who use the game to support their violent, hateful behavior is nothing any of us can control outside of being honest and respectful supporters. but seabhac fancies googling pictures to illustrate some sort of point. Should I do the same? What if someone posts images of some white guys making racist chants? Am I a racist now too? is there a line for you two? atleast he seems to be actually caught up in it. you're just chasing the sirens and then lecturing the drivers in the accident. but, since you need "culpability" to somehow feel like you've won, for the record, i dont support disasters or those that do support disasters. its a football game. better?

Dont like Liverpool all you want mate. I'm not here to sell you a ticket. comparing me, ISWT, peaches to 9er fans, which you've done, or any idiot liverpool fan you ran across, because you've had some poor experiences in Liverpool is ridiculous. You know it. I've come across many Seahawk fans I wish I hadnt. Does that make you one of "them'? or me? Some of my friends got beat up at a Sounders game back in the 80s. Should I hate the Sounders fans now? were you there? Did you have a go at them? they were 13. Do you beat up kids? see the point.. should I be bitter at you until you apologize for them?

go find that entitlement in any of my posts. just because you know some scouse who play that card doesnt mean the other million+ Liverpool fans are leaning on their shoulders. and while the world is full of idiots, and some of them use sports, or a football team, as an outlet for their disgracefulness, doesnt mean those that enjoy the sport as it is are the same. I'd think you'd know this. Apparently you dont, or only when its convenient.

thats what's lost on you. Like i said, i'm done with it. the thread needs to move on. you and seabhac or whatever he is can go on all you want. I had nothing against you, and was interested in your support of Chesterfield and some of the lower level clubs and their players. Supporting this nonsense however has given me pause.

Been a great year to be a Liverpool supporter, a football supporter really, and a tough week as well. I dont deny that all fans of other top teams enjoyed it. But thats what sports are. One day we will all be on here moaning about the Seahawks blowing a game while 9er fans swim in the shack. you've tried to wind us up over it. atleast just admit it and move on.

but "never your fault" thought, right?

Seabhac

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":32gsots3 said:
Uncle Si":32gsots3 said:
I . Maybe post a Danny Dwyer video?
I am sure you mean Danny Dyer (D-Y-E-R)*
Now I know where you get your information - Danny Dyers Football Factories LOL - You truly are hilarious. Have you ever actually been to Football game?

*Just like earlier you had to be corrected that its not Hillsboro its Hillsborough (H-I-L-L-S-B-O-R-O-U-G-H)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seabhac":1xvo23jc said:
UK_Seahawk":1xvo23jc said:
Uncle Si":1xvo23jc said:
Now I know where you get your information - Danny Dyers Football Factories LOL - You truly are hilarious. Have you ever actually been to Football game?

*Just like earlier you had to be corrected that its not Hillsboro its Hillsborough (H-I-L-L-S-B-O-R-O-U-G-H)

you dont do well with sarcasm do you kiddo. i'll fix my auto correct right away, teacher

you are what you are and no longer worth the trouble. been to more games than I can remember, worked many as well. you though, you're just a troll.

Seabhac

Reaction score
Uncle Si":10uoqjml said:
Seabhac":10uoqjml said:
UK_Seahawk":10uoqjml said:
Uncle Si":10uoqjml said:

you dont do well with sarcasm do you kiddo. i'll fix my auto correct right away, teacher

you are what you are and no longer worth the trouble. been to more games than I can remember, worked many as well. you though, you're just a troll.

But have you ever actually been to Anfield? Just Asking?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
nope, havent seen a match there. does that matter in some way? or are you "just asking"? I ask against my better judgement.

Blueboy

Reaction score
Great display by Palace yesterday, kept fighting till the end, well happy with the result.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Blueboy":2h8dlx1t said:
Great display by Palace yesterday, kept fighting till the end, well happy with the result.

I forgot about you!

Really was a tremendous fight back. May have given Pulis the manager of the year award too. Palace has been a revelation these past months.

So whats the story with them heading into the summer? Can they spend and solidify (like a Swansea?)

Blueboy

Reaction score
Uncle Si":11dvesow said:
Blueboy":11dvesow said:

I forgot about you!

Really was a tremendous fight back. May have given Pulis the manager of the year award too. Palace has been a revelation these past months.

So whats the story with them heading into the summer? Can they spend and solidify (like a Swansea?)

One of the owners Steve Parish has said they are looking to bring in 4/5 quality signings and Pulis has apparently asked for 25M to spend.
Not sure who they will target but I think they will look to bring Zaha back from Man Utd, also I could see them signing Steven N'zonzi from Stoke. Apart from that I think a left back and a striker in the mould of Cameron Jerome but someone who scores more regular, Troy Deeney maybe at Watford?
I was really impressed with Gayle when he came on last night, hes a natural finisher and has bundles of pace, maybe he could play a bigger role next season.

It will be all about survival again next season for me though so not getting to carried away at the moment!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Blueboy":10jzkszk said:
Uncle Si":10jzkszk said:
Blueboy":10jzkszk said:

I forgot about you!

One of the owners Steve Parish has said they are looking to bring in 4/5 quality signings and Pulis has apparently asked for 25M to spend.
Not sure who they will target but I think they will look to bring Zaha back from Man Utd, also I could see them signing Steven N'zonzi from Stoke. Apart from that I think a left back and a striker in the mould of Cameron Jerome but someone who scores more regular, Troy Deeney maybe at Watford?
I was really impressed with Gayle when he came on last night, hes a natural finisher and has bundles of pace, maybe he could play a bigger role next season.

It will be all about survival again next season for me though so not getting to carried away at the moment!

Some deep cup runs this year should point to a chance for atleast a Wembley trip?

either way, outside the improvement Liverpool has made and the drop in United I think Palace the story of the season. Exciting stuff.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Palace will have to deal with second season syndrome before they get too excited.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":33d0qdd3 said:
Palace will have to deal with second season syndrome before they get too excited.

is that like Stockholm syndrome? or chlamdyia?

who is coming up btw? Leicester? Derby? who else?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":15uepbgy said:
UK_Seahawk":15uepbgy said:

is that like Stockholm syndrome? or chlamdyia?

who is coming up btw? Leicester? Derby? who else?

Teams that get promoted and do quite well in their first season at a level higher often struggle the season after that. Complacency, getting found out and the temptation to move on from the players that got you there can make a team really struggle.

Leicester, Burnley and one from Derby, QPR, Wigan and Brighton.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2a2a7w76 said:
Derby won it's 1st leg against Brighton 2-1 today

Will Hughes of Derby is an apparent Liverpool target. Did you watch?

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3ucp2rfv said:
Gatehawk":3ucp2rfv said:
Derby won it's 1st leg against Brighton 2-1 today

Will Hughes of Derby is an apparent Liverpool target. Did you watch?

Nah, had to work. But I do know that he was subbed in towards the end.

Latest posts